• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sick and tired of vzw releasing Moto's Droid every 2~3 months while getting very few other's high end phones far in between. While they throw out DX2, D3, Bionic, Razr, D4 from summer, HTC gets them Rezound, Samsung gets them Gnex and no LG? And now Gnex is up in the air? I'm only counting dual core phones.

I'd like to nip this in the bud before it turns into a rumor. The unit I have coming for testing has nothing to do with working out bugs on the phone. I'm not in any way testing the unit to find bugs or lack there of. The units coming to us are for personal use for myself and our firm to try out.

Well I suppose that's even better. The fact that they are sending units to play with sounds good. So these are probably closer to production units than, say, P3's test unit?

If they are still sending out units for testing it doesn't sound like the December 8th rumor has any validity at all.

My brain tells me not to put any faith in these dates and people with "sources" but my heart just wants to believe them so bad that I find myself actually being let down when yet another one is proven to be made up.... Sad, really...

For matters of testing/bugs etc there is an event horizon I am sure of not having it fixed. That could be what the rumor is up high that if by such and such a day we don't have a 'perfected' product we are retracting our by end of year statement. I would imagine the 15th or there about is that time period.

I would imagine any other time of year this would be a lot different but since we are dealing w/ the holidays it changes the game some and there is a good chance there are 2 sides to the table...some saying no matter what it is the 15th put it out there and we push fixes and the other half saying no all bugs fixed by 15th or we make a statement saying it is delayed.

I will be rooting so I want the phone bugs or not I can deal w/ it and the original push on this phone w/ be the techies who can deal and work around these issues...it will be the 2nd push of folks that will need more perfected gnex's.

Okay, so I have been stalking this thread for a week or so now. I guess I am overdue for putting in my 2 cents worth regarding the release date.

I was told today by our corporate Verizon rep that it is coming out sometime between the 8th & 15th of December. No idea about preorders.

Nope. But who did you email? I emailed some lady that is the President here in the Northeast earlier today.

No response.

I emailed Nancy Clark, John Bianchi, Eileen M. Creeden, and Patrick Devlin.

Basically, Northeast people from the New York Metro area on up the chain.

I had emailed a few people a couple of weeks ago without a response so I don't honestly know which of these people the executive correspondent works with.

Why does this keep happening? It's Dinc deja vu. I remember pre-dinc staying up late nights just reloading the page to keep up with all the posts by everyone feeling as frustrated as I was. My only solace is that my Dinc is still chugging away serving me as well as I had hoped every excruciating minute I had to wait for it. I'm guessing that in another 2 years +/- a few months, I'll be back here refreshing again and wondering how I'm going to sell off my Nexus.

Keep up the hope all. It's worth it in the long run. Thanks go out to all who make this an interesting place to waste away 1/2 my day, and kudos to Steven58 especially.

Okay, so I have been stalking this thread for a week or so now. I guess I am overdue for putting in my 2 cents worth regarding the release date.

I was told today by our corporate Verizon rep that it is coming out sometime between the 8th & 15th of December. No idea about preorders.

U work for vzw I assume?

Just got back from school. So what's the verdict at this point? (Obviously it seems pre-orders today aren't happening) Any possibility of pre-orders later this week?

I'm really sick and tired of vzw releasing Moto's Droid every 2~3 months while getting very few other's high end phones far in between. While they throw out DX2, D3, Bionic, Razr, D4 from summer, HTC gets them Rezound, Samsung gets them Gnex and no LG? And now Gnex is up in the air? I'm only counting dual core phones.

who said the GNex is up in the air?

Welcome! Thanks for the contribution.

I emailed Nancy Clark, John Bianchi, Eileen M. Creeden, and Patrick Devlin.

Basically, Northeast people from the New York Metro area on up the chain.

I had emailed a few people a couple of weeks ago without a response so I don't honestly know which of these people the executive correspondent works with.

The executive correspondent doesn't work with any of these people. It's a department created to field these type of emails so that the important people aren't bothered with them. Basically they are no more than advanced level CSR's.

Like those of you, I also emailed a few people on the executive email list this morning saying that I had two lines out of contract and waiting for an upgrade because our old OGDs are dying.

I just got an email back from ExecutiveRelations@verizonwireless.com with a complaint case number and a personal email from someone with the title Executive Correspondent to call back between 7am-3pm with her direct line.

Did you guys also get this email?

No response here. Would actually be really shocked it I got anything :rolleyes:

Welcome to AF dexter thx for passing along your info.

Unfortunately, the overall demand for the phone is not nearly as high as we here like to think. Probably a good percentage of the people interested in the prime are right here in this thread.

that is likely not true, as i have several ifriends who definitely know about this phone and are considering it as a replacement for their current iphone. what i think most people fail to realize is what putting the gnex on the shelves does to EVERY OTHER phone currently in vzw's lineup.

after the gnex is released and put on the shelves, then sudenly every other android phone they currently have(until they are updated at least which will be a few months) is out of date. how are they supposed to sell devices in mass to consumers that when compared to the gnex have the "old" android. even the casual phone buyers who dont follow the internet for release data will want something new and flashy, and when being told that the gnex runs the latest and greatest version of android will naturally feel inclined to choose that instead of any of the phones with the "old" android

If there are bugs with the Galaxy Nexus, then Verizon will not know the exact release date until they are fixed. It seems like every leaked release date represents the best case scenario if the issues are resolved.

Verizon did the same thing with the HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Bionic so it isn't anything new with the Galaxy Nexus.

never heard of these guys before...who are they and why should we listen to what they say??

It was stated in the post I Quoted. I do not know them but the other AF user had said he was part of the same circle as P3... I don't have time to look back at that post right now but if you read the quote from my orig post..

I'd like to nip this in the bud before it turns into a rumor. The unit I have coming for testing has nothing to do with working out bugs on the phone. I'm not in any way testing the unit to find bugs or lack there of. The units coming to us are for personal use for myself and our firm to try out.

Is the fact your firm has been given access to the device just now any clue as to how close release is or are they getting aquired through some b2b channel more direct from samsung or something rather than VZW?

if thats the case you can post plenty of pics and videos then? eh? EHH?

On the surface I would tend to agree with your frustration. But think about it this way all those phones were running an old OS that their developers were familiar with at the time of launch. The Galaxy Nexus comes with the brand spanking new OS, ICS 4.0, and i'm sure there has to be a bigger learning curve. And remember ICS isn't just a slightly updated version ie froyo and GB. I am upset though that the GSM/HPSA+ devs got it working faster than the CDMA/LTE devs.

Doubtful. New rumor is pre-order on 12/5 for delivery on 12/15.

Hey, all. I was lurking all day and then had the ride home, pick up the kid... Etc... The last I heard, Han's sister said it COULD be first quarter and not December. Did something change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom