• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to rock out to some NOFX and clean house to get my mind (temporarily) off the Gnex. I'm sure i'll be catching up on 10 or so pages when i'm back on...addicted!!!

I have no idea what if any the difference will be. My assumption is software if anything.

I heard the announcement was going to be soon, but that was last week when I heard that information. Peoples interpretation of what soon is differs. The devices are coming on behalf of Verizon. I don't pretend to have any inside information as to when the device is going to be released to the public. I know that we reached out to our contact to test the units last month and received confirmation yesterday that they'll be here by end of week. Pretty much who the process goes in the business.

I see. I would consider this good news. Can't be bad news that they are now willing to ship devices to enterprise/corporate customers for trials. Is this a pretty standard purchase of the devices(just a smaller number for tests) or does VZW offer some variety of trial use arrangement like retail customers get for 14 days.

Welcome to our home on the interwebz

You will end up enduring self loathing if you jump ship for an iOS device. I can't say I agree on everything else but you need to take a couple deep breaths, step back, go watch a movie or have a drink or take your wife / girlfriend /mother/ sister /husband /boyfriend /father /brother /kids/best friend or some stranger in line at the grocery store to dinner. Then come back with a clear head and wait for this kracken to be released. It'll be worth it.

Good job at covering all the bases :D

Just got off the phone with my son, he is at work (verizon tech support) wanted me to know he just finished playing with the Nexus. Said it was everything he expected and loved the look and feel of the device, really loved ICS.

No info on release dates but said it must be getting closer given the fact that he had access to it.

He did mention only two VZ apps installed, MyVerizon and MyBackup, he did not mention any issues he experienced while using the phone.

Really nothing new, but thought I would share....:cool:

@PydePypper and a few others are also confirming this date with different sources! Looking good!

Yeah, the TBH guys have been saying mid-late December for the past 2-3 weeks, but I don't think anyone wants to believe them because 1. P3Droid was the first guy to state this and 2. these dates are unacceptable to many of us because we want our Gnex now! I have to admit, after reading their tweets about bugs on their test devices and how the updates have helped, I think I am starting to believe what they have to say. Again, Verizon is the only true source so I will give them until 12/31 before making any decisions.

This is the Thunderbolt thread, right?

Checked a local box store today. No news from Looziana. I had to power on and update their Razr to get it to work and their Rezound was not connecting to data or wifi. Great work local Big Red store. Lol

I have no idea what if any the difference will be. My assumption is software if anything.

I heard the announcement was going to be soon, but that was last week when I heard that information. Peoples interpretation of what soon is differs. The devices are coming on behalf of Verizon. I don't pretend to have any inside information as to when the device is going to be released to the public. I know that we reached out to our contact to test the units last month and received confirmation yesterday that they'll be here by end of week. Pretty much who the process goes in the business.

Do you have a general time frame of when you usually receive a unreleased phone, and it's release (Specifically Verizon if you have a history with them)?

Thanks for answering our questions? It helps to tide us over :)

Guarantee you PP knows more than anyone here. Not being a jerk, he just does...

I can't remember the AF member, but he described how the TBH guys are connected to those in the know. They are reporting 2nd hand info that appears to come from sources close to the situation. The fact that he is a dev that has been testing the Verizon Gnex gives him some credibility at least to the bugs and updates have affected the phone. So if you believe bugs/testing has pushed the release date back, the info coming from PP seem to hold water.

Y'all set yourselves up for the okie-doke if you so chose, but after hearing, 'The Verizon rep I talked to on the phone told me 11/17,' 'I have a very reliable source that told me we'll be getting this Black Friday,' 'My super, super, SUPER SECRET insider just told me we should be getting this on the 27th!,' and 'Pre-orders come out tomorrow! There is no debate here! I talked to someone important and this is it, guys!,' over and over again, and not seeing anything more than surmounting frustrating and disdain for Verizon, one would think we'd stop taking all of this, 'I just spoke to my cousin's dad's brother's half aunt and she said...' nonsense and wait until Verizon removes its head from its rectum and says something official.

At this point, any 'leaked' photos from an email, a spreadsheet...none of that matters. If it ain't Big Red saying, 'Its here!' or if you don't see an email from Verizon announcing its release, the rumors need to be taken as such: rumors. Stop with all of this hardcore, 'I KNOW FOR SURE THIS IS IT BECAUSE MY SISTER'S BOYFRIEND'S NIECE SAID... and thinking just because you spoke to someone who works for Verizon its fact. They are as clueless as we are. Some don't even know the phone exists, others say its being released Q1 2012, we now have a new 12/15 date with a 12/8 (its NEXT rumored date) pre-order. Where does this stop? Then you all get worked up and frustrated over nothing.

Let's take a chill pill. This is not to get anyone upset, but rather an attempt to throw some reality in this thread. Speculation is fine, but when it gets this ridiculous it needs to stop, IMHO.

My thoughts...

Verizon has had dates that they were going to release the Nexus. But they keep finding problems that could be fixed with software updates. Every phone that is released anymore has problems right out the gate. Every time Verizon finds a problem with the Nexus and gets a software update all it will do is create a problem somewhere else. They can test the phone till the cows come home. No matter how much they say the phone is now perfect to be released there will more than likely be a problem with many devices that will require yet another software update.

The whole handling of this phone has me starting to think of going back to the iphone. I had the 3G. I also dislike Apple. Of course I would jailbreak it and then sell it as soon as the iphone 5 comes out because I'm positive the 5 will have a bigger screen.

I refuse to get an HTC again. They build mediocre phones. HTC is like a restaurant with a huge menu. Why have so many phones and make them half assed when you could make a few and make them some of the best out there.

As for the Razr. Throw it in the toilet for all I care. LG? LG just isn't a phone company to me. A different Samsung? Samsung Nexus for me or no Samsung.

Someone please talk me off the ledge!

Root around on the interwebz, as I forget where I saw it, but there was an article online last week that suggested suppliers had started shipping screens for the fruitphone 5. I though the article said they were 4 inch screens.

Fruit5 may not boast a bigger screen.

Not true. Steven58 has a long warning about it if you'd like to read it. It will make more sense once you do.

I believe you may have misunderstood what I meant. At this point they are just rolling with the questions the best they can. I was not implying any negative connotations. Their job sucks most days. I know, I do customer service for my company.

At this point, any 'leaked' photos from an email, a spreadsheet...none of that matters. If it ain't Big Red saying, 'Its here!' or if you don't see an email from Verizon announcing its release, the rumors need to be taken as such: rumors. Stop with all of this hardcore, 'I KNOW FOR SURE THIS IS IT BECAUSE MY SISTER'S BOYFRIEND'S NIECE SAID... and thinking just because you spoke to someone who works for Verizon its fact. They are as clueless as we are. Some don't even know the phone exists, others say its being released Q1 2012, we now have a new 12/15 date with a 12/8 (its NEXT rumored date) pre-order. Where does this stop? Then you all get worked up and frustrated over nothing.

Let's take a chill pill. This is not to get anyone upset, but rather an attempt to throw some reality in this thread. Speculation is fine, but when it gets this ridiculous it needs to stop, IMHO.

No actually today is much more realistic...yesterday though........ ;)

I just found out from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate that the Nexus is definitely coming on 11/31/11!! Only 2 more days!

GMK83, if you don't mind me asking, is your firm receiving handsets from Verizon because it is somehow related to the sale of the phone or the relevant parties (i.e., Samsung, Google, Verizon)? Or is it simply receiving the handsets because many people at the firm use Verizon products and Verizon is simply marketing it?

Neither, we're a mgmt consulting company.

Coming out of hiding just long enough to say Thank You to Steven for your tireless efforts in keeping up with the ever changing [lack of] news. :) And with that, I fade back into the darkness of lurkdom.
+1 - And I'd like to add that Steven continues to be absolutely exemplary in his patience and demeanor towards others, while still remaining firm with what rules should be followed.

Steven is the epitome and a model (no, not that type of model :p) of what other moderators should be like.

The above needed to be said. Now, I too will go back into lurkdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom