• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree...so what's your theory. My theory is that LTE must be the problem since VZW's network is one of the few running it. Just a theory. Could also be that ICS is a bandwidth hog on VZWs network and they're trying to throttle it? It's fun to speculate.

VZ is very picky about testing software. It could be anything from minor to major... Could be phone call issues, text issues, etc. Speculation is fun, but we probably will never know... :(

Ok, I'm really frustrated with VZW at this point. They expect all their customers to do what they want us to do because they say so and we're supposed to be happy about it? Well, if this phone doesn't release by the 15th, I'm jumping ship and telling VZW what they can do with their network and their phones. I plan to order a GNex and going to a GSM carrier no matter what BS offers they throw at me to get me to stay. I'm just sick and tired of being a pawn in their games over a phone that has a ton more people following it then the RAZR or Rezound, period. How can we as people just settle and take this kind of abuse from a corporate bully? I don't know about you guys but I'm not gonna sit around and wait one day after the 15th for another disappointment. I'd be willing to bet that if they lost 50K+ users from their network, it would definitely make a difference to their corporate team at that point. Anyways, I just had to vent a bit. Although this is me venting, I'm jumping ship after the 15th, as after that point this has turned into another Bionic and I was on that boat as well so I know how it feels to sit around and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Well, I'm sick of waiting especially when I can get the phone I've been waiting on and get it on another carrier.

Ok, I'm done now, /rant

SpeakerBox, just take another breath and hang in there. I always want to say I'm pissed enough to leave, but with GF'd unlimited data, I just can't :o
We're not more than a couple weeks away, it's coming soon.
hang_in_there_kitty-thumb-250x332.jpg

Ok, I'm really frustrated with VZW at this point. They expect all their customers to do what they want us to do because they say so and we're supposed to be happy about it? Well, if this phone doesn't release by the 15th, I'm jumping ship and telling VZW what they can do with their network and their phones.

You're switching providers because you bought a bunch of internet rumors about release dates?

Yeah, I'm not above quoting myself to try and get the thread onto a topic other than release date...so anyone going to bite?

lte/3g issues would be my guess if I were to pick a sticky bug that would be difficult to work through that would be my guess.

lte/3g issues would be my guess if I were to pick a sticky bug that would be difficult to work through that would be my guess.

But earlier there were reports of LTE devices going to Japan on 12/2 (I think?). Assuming they are LTE/CDMA (big assumption, I haven't verified that), wouldn't they have the same issue, unless it's something specific to the LTE/CDMA frequencies VZW uses?

Unfortunately, the overall demand for the phone is not nearly as high as we here like to think. Probably a good percentage of the people interested in the prime are right here in this thread.

That would make perfect sense since the general public pretty much won't have even heard of the phone until Verizon actually announces it. Anyone "in the know" would be a way smaller percentage. That shrinks even moreso when you consider the subset who lurk or post on these forums.

But earlier there were reports of LTE devices going to Japan on 12/2 (I think?). Assuming they are LTE/CDMA (big assumption, I haven't verified that), wouldn't they have the same issue, unless it's something specific to the LTE/CDMA frequencies VZW uses?

Hard to say honestly. Where I work we had years and years and years of frustrating radio issues when we went digital and switched to a 800mhz freq moving away from vhf. Some frequency do better at some things then others like penetration of buildings while others are more suited to analog applications and when utilizing a combination of frequency and technology standards things can get very messy.

I have a strong belief that this phone will be released no later than 12/8. I'm not going to bother with details as to why I believe that because of every other debunked rumor or source testimony. That said, I'll leave this here and check back again when it's closer to 12/8

that is likely not true, as i have several ifriends who definitely know about this phone and are considering it as a replacement for their current iphone. what i think most people fail to realize is what putting the gnex on the shelves does to EVERY OTHER phone currently in vzw's lineup.

after the gnex is released and put on the shelves, then sudenly every other android phone they currently have(until they are updated at least which will be a few months) is out of date. how are they supposed to sell devices in mass to consumers that when compared to the gnex have the "old" android. even the casual phone buyers who dont follow the internet for release data will want something new and flashy, and when being told that the gnex runs the latest and greatest version of android will naturally feel inclined to choose that instead of any of the phones with the "old" android

i agree that, to people like us, the other phones would appear somewhat outdated. but, i don't think that will impact a majority of customers. i can easily envision a VZW sales rep saying, "Here is the new GNex, with the new OS. But, it's just plain, vanilla OS. Over here we have the Razr, with MotoActv, SmartActions, Moto's enhancements to the OS. Also, we have the HTC, which also has enhancements to the OS, and it also has Beats!" Normal people (WE are not "normal", as this thread has proven) probably won't care that GNex has ICS, as opposed to "enhanced" GB - especially since the Razr and HTC are really nice devices.

SpeakerBox, just take another breath and hang in there. I always want to say I'm pissed enough to leave, but with GF'd unlimited data, I just can't :o
We're not more than a couple weeks away, it's coming soon.
hang_in_there_kitty-thumb-250x332.jpg

Yeah, GF unlimited data is great and I love the fact that I'm in on it. I really want to stay around but I'm just amazed at how bad VZW botches releases. You would think that after the worse one with the Bionic they would have learned SOMETHING. Either way, we shall see what happens.

You're switching providers because you bought a bunch of internet rumors about release dates?

Where did I say anything about rumored release dates? I'm ready to jump ship because of the LACK of info. I love how they gave themselves till the "end of the year" just in case this kind of thing happens and I respect that they officially said it that way to cover their butts but I mean come on. If nothing else, just say ok, it'll release on December 29th. People would be more ok with that as they'd have a set date to look forward to(instead of creating speculations of speculations of speculated release dates) and it's the last Thursday of the year so it would be fitting. The fact that the big wigs that are carrying this phone or something even better that's laying in wait is what get's on my nerves because they just don't care. It's just like if someone from this forum got one, they wouldn't care when it is release as they already have theirs. So the corp guys decided to push this phone back for whatever reasons because it sounds good coming out of their mouths and it seems right because everyone that works with them is too scared to say how stupid that his idea is.

I have a strong belief that this phone will be released no later than 12/8. I'm not going to bother with details as to why I believe that because of every other debunked rumor or source testimony. That said, I'll leave this here and check back again when it's closer to 12/8

Less than 9 days away :)

U Gotta Believe

If this was an Oprah show, we could all just reach under our seats and get a Nexus :p

Then we would have to listen to Dr Phil say how we are all addicts.

Then Dr Phil would be laughed off the stage and told, "you don't think we already know that!?" :p

As many others can attest......... I have been up, down, and sideways over the last couple of months.
I am very lucky in that i live in an area where ATT is slightly better than VZW when it comes to their network speeds.
I read on Phone Arena that LG is coming out with a phone called the NITRO HD. Go to the posted link and read about the specs of this device.
The 2 biggest reasons i want the Nexus is the screen and ICS. The Nitro HD will have both.
Am i crazy for considering this phone? What are your thoughts?

LG Nitro HD specs

BTW...........rumored release date is Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom