• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I went to Subway to pick up a sandwich for lunch this afternoon. There's a Radio Shack right next store, so I went in after I got my sandwich. The Verizon rep was there with the owner.

The Verizon rep said that the phones are indeed going on sale tomorrow, as long as the store has the phone in stock. Many still don't have inventory.

That made me excited because it was the first confirmation I had from a Verizon representative. I called Verizon directly to see if I could pre-order the phone so that it would arrive by Friday. I spoke to an extremely helpful girl named Jodi. She could find nothing in the system and she looked everywhere. She said that this is unlike any launch that she's ever seen. With the Razr, the phone was in the system a week before it went live. With the Nexus, nothing.

Jodi will be calling me when she gets in at 8am tomorrow morning to tell me if it is in the system yet.

Now, I'm not so excited any more...

Upvote 0
Today I had a premium reseller tell me that tomorrow was the day and that is also when he is receiving the phones, he has his PO for his shipment.
Corporate store knew nothing, but figured they would find out when they arrived at work Thursday, and then they would have to call people they have in their lists before they open at 10:00.
Since I can only use that. 3G to 4G $100 discount at a corporate store I hope that is where I will be heading in the morning.

EDIT : although the fact that the person who is supposed to call me is off tomorrow, but says she will be there gives me a glimmer of hope.

Upvote 0
Anyone else notice this?

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless, Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) and Google™ announced Galaxy™ Nexus™ is available starting today in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.

Upvote 0
WOO HOO

chAnimated.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones