• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't know I was taking a test. Also I am doing this on my droid and the keyboard is laging like a b****. Glad you could be a grammer nazi and look like a huge tool you win. Congradulations

OK, everyone relax. That little battle is over as of now. We've had a clean thread, just everyone chill. And to the other guy...come on...be a little more sensitive in how you post things. You should have just asked him to clarify himself or maybe suggest that he didn't word it or type it how he was probably wanting to. There's no need to be rude or pointed in how you word things. Just be respectful and nice. We're all friends here.

Now...moving on.

Upvote 0
Sorry I didn't know I was taking a test. Also I am doing this on my droid and the keyboard is laging like a b****. Glad you could be a grammer nazi and look like a huge tool you win. Congradulations

You mean congratulations? ;)

I think we will all be happy to get some more info. soon and a phone w/ the latest android/sense versions.

See Nash's post.

Upvote 0

Communicate appropriately. My purpose is not to be a "nazi," but to merely point out the obvious.

I really would appreciate your imput on the issue. If I didn't, I wouldn't care what you said or how you said it. So please, tell us what you are thinking.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain the logic behind this statement? Seriously

I believe what he was trying to say is that if HTC has a sense update coming out for 2.1 then sense is all ready to go on a new phone. Strategically as a business it is a good idea to launch a new phone with upgraded software first and then shortly following it with updates to older phones. This way you get people to buy your new phone while also not pissing off your customer base that you have already created.

Upvote 0
I believe what he was trying to say is that if HTC has a sense update coming out for 2.1 then sense is all ready to go on a new phone. Strategically as a business it is a good idea to launch a new phone with upgraded software first and then shortly following it with updates to older phones. This way you get people to buy your new phone while also not pissing off your customer base that you have already created.
That exactly thank you that's how I would have typed it if I were at my computer
Aslo I want to add that it will be more marketable this. If google wanted to get their new os out and raise androids popularity and bring in more developers for there marketplace, then they bring out a new flashy devise with a cool ad campain and fancy sounding specs. Htc is doing the same this is their nexus one these htc phones coming are going to be the flag ship for there respective carriers just my guess

Upvote 0
Why March 15th? Just curious if I missed something...

I'd second the March 15th date, and here's why. This is JUST my personal hunch, mind you, but it seems to make a lot of sense to me. I am strongly inclined to believe that VZW will release the Incredible on or before Google comes out with the Nexus One on VZW as it only makes sense for VZW to get the customers INTO THEIR STORES to buy their phones (and accessories, which are insanely profitable!) rather than have them buy online from Google. Even though Google will be selling VZW's phone plan with the Nexus One purchase, Google - not VZW - makes money on selling the phone and the accessories! And an 80 million people customer base is not to be taken lightly when it comes to buying the latest and greatest smartphone!

Upvote 0
I'd second the March 15th date, and here's why. This is JUST my personal hunch, mind you, but it seems to make a lot of sense to me. I am strongly inclined to believe that VZW will release the Incredible on or before Google comes out with the Nexus One on VZW as it only makes sense for VZW to get the customers INTO THEIR STORES to buy their phones (and accessories, which are insanely profitable!)

This idea was discussed here:

http://androidforums.com/htc-passion/27450-still-confident-bravo-coming-verizon-19.html#post286218

Never thought about accessories tho. Those are waayyyy marked up and im sure they make a shit ton off of them.

I do still believe that the N1 will be the next 2.1+ android phone for verizon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones