• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK..here goes.

The number is the "mark of the beast" who was blasphemous against God in Revelation chapter 13. According to the chapter a person can't buy or sell anything without receiving this mark. So, if you didn't get it, you essentially were on your own (starving?). Receiving the mark was an outward sign of homage to the beast.

Interesting, what's the significance of the term "beast"?

Upvote 0
The Hebrew alpha-numeric meaning for the number 666 is "Kaiser Nerone" (Caesar Nero). Additionally, In Hebrew numerology, 6 is the number for man (created on the 6th day) and 3 is the number for God (Trinity). So, it is essentially the symbol of a man who makes himself out to be God.

So, one of the interpretations was that the early Christians were not to embrace Emperor worship. (Caesar was considered a god.)

Unless you go with the manuscripts that read 616.

Upvote 0
My "good" phone broke and I'm using a Samsung i600 from 2003 right now. :(

No camera on this beast or else I probably would have snapped a picture. :D

you could sketch something out in paint. But then everyone would day "shopped!"

Oh well. I'm so sick of my BB storm I'm really thinking of turning it in for the droid. Hard to post on here from it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones