• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was down setting up my dvr to record the nfl draft on my hd projector and noticed pizza hut is a sponsor. Not sure if we will see a Incredible commercial or not. I noticed GMC as a sponsor as well.

Thanks for the tip. I called and ordered my case. The CS rep was unable to see my Incredible order on her computer screen since I ordered online. She had to put me on hold while she called the online department to verify that I ordered the Incredible. Then she had to call a supervisor to override the system to allow the purchase since I don't currently have the phone.

Why would they care if you had the phone or not? Perhaps you were buying it as a gift? I didn't get asked when I called earlier for my red/black/gradient.

correct, but there's currently a promo (free ipad thingy) on their front page. I put my e-mail in and got 40% off .

That's fine, but taking away the small chance that you win the free iPad, you still pay $8.99 plus $2.99 shipping, so $12 total, and you just get protection for the screen.

On bestskinsever, you pay $8 (and I think $2 shipping, possibly $3), so you are paying $10 (maybe $11) and you get a skin for the whole body of the Incredible. Even if you don't think you are going to want to use the other pieces (it might be hard to apply the skin to the molded, "topographical" battery cover) this is still cheaper than Zagg. Also, people who have previously used Zagg might not be able to qualify for the 40% off coupon - just speculating.

I've used them for a while now and they are great. Tough, fairly easy install, cheap. As said, they are the exact same thing as the Invisible Shield if you have heard of that.

I don't mind trying it out, for $7.99 or what ever but do you know when it will be released? I don't want to wait 2-3 months. I did already order the Zagg protector but I am not even sure when that will be available. Now where on the Zagg website does it say "Coming Soon" or anything but I ordered it Monday and they still haven't shipped it. I am beginning to think it might be some time till I get the Zagg.

Check out this link.

HTC Droid Incredible Skin

Best Skins Ever sells a full body protection package made of the exact same material as the Zagg Invisible Shield that everyone keeps talking about, but instead of charging $15 for just screen protection, they charge $8 for a skin that covers the entire phone. I've bought these for 3 or 4 different cell phones and for a couple of MP3 players and they work great.

I highly recommend them :)

To apply this skin, do you have to wet your device?

The term "rom" is used very loosely with these devices. The OS and apps are stored on the "rom". That is why the Droid had 228mb free, since the remainder was taken up by the OS and preinstalled apps. If the chips on these device were literally "rom"s, it would not be possible to update them.

Closest example of a true "rom" is a game cartridge- even most later NES games have some flash for games saves. :)

Hopefully app access to the 6.6gb is corrected quickly.

I do not think it is "loose" at all. What determines if it is a ROM is if it can be written to in normal operation or if it requires a "Special Mode" to be written to. All ROM's are written to at least one time. Some like EPROMS are erased electrically before being rewritten and some can be erased with UV light. The fact that they have to enter a special programming mode is the factor which makes them ROM's. For instance, with phones, you must boot into a special loader and write the entire ROM at once, destroying all data previously on the chip. Classic ROM behavior. Now the question is, is it "loose" in relation to this phone? If you can write to the ROM area from the OS, then yes.. ROM's are also always non-volitile, they keep their data forever in the absence of electric charge..

Has anyone who has ordered the zagg the Invisible shield gotten their order shipped yet? I ordered mine 4 days ago and it says still in process. Says was suppost to ship in 1-2 days.

Does anyone know if someone posted a video (or can post) an android phone sending and receiving texts via GV? I searched the forum and the web but can't find one. Most of the videos I found only highlight the basics. I'm interested in how the OS receives and manages incoming texts.

Thanks

will the extended battery that was in the leaked photo fit with the oem back? I think it was 2150 mah i beleive.

nevermind, just saw the pdf from verizon. It comes with new door. At least it still has the cool shape to it. I bet that battery is going to be a must with a phone like this.

That's fine, but taking away the small chance that you win the free iPad, you still pay $8.99 plus $2.99 shipping, so $12 total, and you just get protection for the screen.

On bestskinsever, you pay $8 (and I think $2 shipping, possibly $3), so you are paying $10 (maybe $11) and you get a skin for the whole body of the Incredible. Even if you don't think you are going to want to use the other pieces (it might be hard to apply the skin to the molded, "topographical" battery cover) this is still cheaper than Zagg. Also, people who have previously used Zagg might not be able to qualify for the 40% off coupon - just speculating.

I would give them a shot, but I don't want to wait forever for it, any idea on when the skins will be available?

Yeah - in the comment section they say it's available on the wirefly site - but it really isn't that i can find. Its a micro usb/composite video cable - an "optional accessory" . I haven't seen it available anywhere yet - perhaps post-launch we'll have more luck.

My question though - composite video great. what about the sound????

If hulu ever becomes available again, this would be really nice ;)

Composite video has one RCA for video & two RCAs for stereo audio. You are thinking of Compnent video which has 3 RCAs for video (red, green, & blue). In the accessories pdf that got leaked after the leaked pre-order page, the was an a/v cable that used the 3.5mm headset jack. This same type of cable was used on the early video iPods and looked fine on my 42" tv.

This case for the Eris was originally available directly from Verizon. I have it and it's superior to others because it protects the phone entirely and 'clicks' into the holster yet comes out fairly easily. Hopefully, they will have one for the DI.
moz-screenshot.png

NEW HTC DROID ERIS SHELL/HOLSTER CASE+SCREEN PROTECTOR - eBay (item 270507974388 end time Apr-28-10 14:32:30 PDT)
That's kinda like the one I got, Shell/Holster Combo. When the phone's on my belt clip, it protects both sides.

Someone mentioned that the screen protectors on Verizon's website only protect the screen, not the buttons. Just got mine in today and it seems like that's the case. Sucks. I'll have to go buy another set of screen protectors somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom