• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for anyone that has the Incredible already. How's the reception? I talked to my friend that works at Verizon and he said that they've had a lot of reception trouble/complaints with the Droid Eris and he's afraid that the reception troubles might be a concern. Can anyone chime in on this?

I've only had mine on for about an hour, and only my apt, but so far getting good reception and sound quality on calls.

@jsilvers525- In my brief experience with a demo unit, it only rotated to landscape in one direction. I tried it while browsing the web, not sure if it will rotate both directions while playing a vid or with other apps.

Anybody have a favorite app for speed-dialing? I use speed-dial a lot and some of my numbers have pauses and codes automatically entered after the number (think: Voice Mail).

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Sense supports speed dialing. I could be wrong.

You know we all pre ordered and not one commercial for the incredible yet. I bet there is one tonight during the nfl draft. But if it selling good or had a ton of pre orders now just wait until the public finds out. Non Tech people.

Check out this link.

HTC Droid Incredible Skin

Best Skins Ever sells a full body protection package made of the exact same material as the Zagg Invisible Shield that everyone keeps talking about, but instead of charging $15 for just screen protection, they charge $8 for a skin that covers the entire phone. I've bought these for 3 or 4 different cell phones and for a couple of MP3 players and they work great.

I highly recommend them :)

Can anybody else verify this product? I would like something like this but I have never heard of such a company??

You know we all pre ordered and not one commercial for the incredible yet. I bet there is one tonight during the nfl draft. But if it selling good or had a ton of pre orders now just wait until the public finds out. Non Tech people.

What channel is more likely to run the commercial if one is aired, ESPN or NFL Network? Does anybody know if Verizon has had a significant relationship with either of those networks?

I've never used a screen "film" like that. Does it interfere at all with the touchscreen? Or change the sensitivity any? :confused:

Thanks!

Read my sig...LOL:)

Some folks go for whole body protection, but I with you - I'll only protect the screen. INC has a very nice 'soft-touch' back....plus, any case will add bulk.

Any case will add bulk, but the skins (even the full body ones) don't. Even if you only want to protect the screen, order the full body skin from BestSkinsEver.com, since they are half the price of the screen only skin from Zagg, and it is the same material. This is my third post mentioning this site, but I have used these skins many times, and I have used the Invisible Shield as well. These are the same thing - why pay so much more for Invisible Shield?

No interference, Musky. If anything I find it easier to use the touch screen with the InvisibleShield on - it kinda 'grabs' your finger lightly and helps to keep it on the screen. I used many others, including anti-glare....those are the worst IMHO....the finger slides too easily....especially if you have dry hands.

easy to install too

I agree, in my experience the skins don't have any negative impact on the usability of the screen. Although, I don't have any experience with capacitive screens because I have the LG Dare which uses a resistive screen. I would assume since so many people sell these screen protectors for the iPhone and other devices with a capacitive screen that they don't interfere with using the touchscreen at all.

almost 100% positive taht the case on verizon's site is the same material. i had one for my blackberry and my gf has one for her eris. they are a plastic resin instead of silicon

My friend swears by these cases that are a hybrid of plastic and silicone... So they aren't grippy in your pocket but are still soft (and protective). Not sure when they will come out for the d-inc. Anyone know any other brands that are like this? I'm hesitant to go with the silicone because of the in-and-out of pocket issue...

BLACK SMOKE CRYSTAL SKIN FOR GOOGLE/HTC NEXUS ONE PHONE - eBay (item 300394656484 end time May-08-10 05:35:05 PDT)

Just another story here, Stopped by some local VZW stores today.

Out of the 3, 1 admitted to having a Inc in stock for their launch package and let me hold it and such. It wasnt activated but I got to get a feel for it and such. Let me just say that this thing is fantastic. The shape, size, textures are all perfect in my opinion. I guess if you could imagine the Moto Droids width and half the thickness depthwise as well thats about it. I was very surprised at first by its size. Has a pretty nice feel to the back battery cover with the topographic style fitting right into your hands creases. I cannot wait! Gonna try back maybe monday when they have it activated and such to play with it. Anyone in Hampton Roads Virginia find any other stores with activated Incs to play with?

Can anybody else verify this product? I would like something like this but I have never heard of such a company??

same stuff as zagg. works great. i did one of the first reviews of them back in the treo days. no lifetime warranty but they are much cheaper. i usually order 2-3 at a time jsut to have backups but never have to use them. that being said, on touchscreen phones i prefer an antiglare screen protector

I know that I don't have a lot of cred on this forum because I haven't posted many times, so I hope somebody else will back me up on this.

I've used the Invisible Shield and liked it, but then I found BestSkinsEver.com, so I gave them a try since they were so much cheaper. The product is exactly the same but costs way less so ever since I have used one of their skins on every phone or MP3 player that I have bought for myself or my wife, and even put them on my mom's phone and my in-laws phones.

I know I am selling these guys really hard, but it is just because I want to save people money. I hate companies like Invisible Shield that overcharge and I just feel bad when people don't know that there are alternatives.

You probably think I work for bestskinsever, but I promise you I don't. I just make a habit of promoting good companies that sell at an honest price that I have had good experiences with.

I've used them for a while now and they are great. Tough, fairly easy install, cheap. As said, they are the exact same thing as the Invisible Shield if you have heard of that.

Don't want to make more of this than needed, given most of us probably have a little less than a week to wait anyway - but I did notice that your message says "tomorrow" and not "in a few days"...

sigh, yes, I know. it got my hopes up for a second. but then i checked it the next day and it still said the same thing.

hence...tomorrow is the new "two weeks" =P

Thanks for the tip. I called and ordered my case. The CS rep was unable to see my Incredible order on her computer screen since I ordered online. She had to put me on hold while she called the online department to verify that I ordered the Incredible. Then she had to call a supervisor to override the system to allow the purchase since I don't currently have the phone. She had trouble getting my 25% accessory discount to go through, too, but got it worked out. I also asked if it could ship with the phone. No dice. So the case arrives Monday by FedEx. Sure would be nice to have a phone to go with it on Monday.
I just saved 6.25! Thanks. I called *611 back and mentioned the 25% accessory discount. She placed a note on my account so that when I get my phone next week it can be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom