• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know some people got "accidental" early shipments of their Incredible a couple days ago. I never got an email with a shipping number like they did, and just like many of you called 611 after seeing some photos of the phone to see if I could get mine early. They specifically told me my phone had NOT shipped, and that it wouldn't ship until the 28th. Further more, they told me because I ordered on the phone that I could not get overnight shipping (I tried to insist but they refused) so I'd likely get my phone the 30th....

Funny thing is, yesterday I got an email with a shipping number, and just a few min ago my PHONE ARRIVED!! I'm shocked. It's charging right now.

Thanks to everyone on this site for all the info and entertainment. I've been glued to this thread since December, and (no joke) have sat and read every post each night when I get home from work. I never posted much because I had no real info to add, but tried to put a "thanks" on the useful posts as I read. If there is any unconfirmed info or photos you guys want of the phone I'd be happy to pay the forum back now that my phone is in hand.

Has anyone else received shipping info/the phone after Verizon supposedly put the lock-down on the accidental early shipments??

So glad I waited for this phone....

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story. When you get around to it can you check the Wireless N feature, lots of conflicting information about its existence.
Thanks

how does the phone look and feel? the specs are great only concern is how does it look and feel. in videos it looks pretty nice but in person they usually look a little different. usually a little nicer so i'm hoping that's the case. some pictures or a video would be nice comparing it to another phone if you have an iphone or something.

Kind of weird -- I just called customer service to "check up" on the status of my online order. The guy said there's no sign of my order on the system. What?!

Could Verizon be hiding the online orders from their customer service associates?

I just got off the phone with CSR. They couldn't locate my order at the first time. And then she put me on hold, called internet sales dept.
She comes back 5 minutes later telling me my order will be processed on 27th. Order slip will go to the warehouse on 28th for overnight shipping.
I will have the phone by 29th Thursday.

However, she said something about release date for the Inc. is 27th not 29th.
I asked her if I can go to local VZ store and pick one up on 27th, she said their system said release date is the 27th.:eek::eek:

Can anyone confirm this?? :confused:

I just got off the phone with CSR. They couldn't locate my order at the first time. And then she put me on hold, called internet sales dept.
She comes back 5 minutes later telling me my order will be processed on 27th. Order slip will go to the warehouse on 28th for overnight shipping.

I asked her if I can go to local VZ store and pick one up on 27th, she said their system said release date is the 27th.:eek::eek:

I got exactly the same answer yesterday.....She did say my phone might be shipped 2 days early.

It may just mean that the Online realease date is the 27th. That makes it valid for the system to process the orders. Would seem to be in line with what they described to you.

I spoke with two different employees at two different stores today who both said the 29th.

I bet that the system is releasing the orders from hold on the 27th and transferring them to shipping. That would make sense for warehouses to pick/pack on the 27th then ship the 28th to arrive 29th.

i want a screen protector that covers the entire front of the phone. i feel like it will get really scratched without one since it's a glossy black plastic? it looks similar to the iphone's, does that get scratched easily? 7 more days only!

ROM is Read Only Memory. Memory which can not, (well is not designed to) be overwritten. That's exactly what the OS is. It's information in memory that is only meant to be read. How is ROM not accurate for the OS?

The term "rom" is used very loosely with these devices. The OS and apps are stored on the "rom". That is why the Droid had 228mb free, since the remainder was taken up by the OS and preinstalled apps. If the chips on these device were literally "rom"s, it would not be possible to update them.

Closest example of a true "rom" is a game cartridge- even most later NES games have some flash for games saves. :)

Hopefully app access to the 6.6gb is corrected quickly.

Sorry for the noob question. I have a questions about gps and the weather app on the homescreen integrated with the clock. does gps have to be enabled for it to show your local hometown weather, or does it need to be enabled just so that it will auto change when you go to a different city?

I would rather leave the gps off and conserve battery, but I also want my homescreen clock to display my local weather. Can I just manually tell the weather app what city to display?

GPS not required. Ive been keeping mine off.

BTW, I traded out the "weather clock" for a standard clock (the HTC "gauge"), and put the weather widget (or whatever it is called) on the next page over (it shows the 4-day forecast).

For those that have the phone or are in the know:

I'm hoping to connect to my works exchange server but the phone has to support certain exchange profiles (on device encryption for example).

I read HTC in Sense has added/enhanced the exchange support but is there anyone who knows what profiles are or are not supported?

Thanks.

I personally loved these cases for my iPhone. They provide the right amount of protection while not taking away from the style of the phone. They do not add much to the size of the phone either. I checked their website a few days ago and they have a blurb on their homepage saying "Coming Soon for HTC Incredible".

I emailed seidio the other day about this and this is the reply i got...

Hello Tony,

Thank you, we appreciate your comments. Seidio Inc

how does the phone look and feel? the specs are great only concern is how does it look and feel. in videos it looks pretty nice but in person they usually look a little different. usually a little nicer so i'm hoping that's the case. some pictures or a video would be nice comparing it to another phone if you have an iphone or something.

Uh...there are pics and vids everywhere...try google and youtube!

I just ordered the gradient case as well! I tried placing an order for their extended 2100 mAh battery + case too and when I went to pay for it, it wouldn't let her process it. hahaha sooo still waiting on that one ;D

Any definitive pricing on that when you talked to her?

i want a screen protector that covers the entire front of the phone. i feel like it will get really scratched without one since it's a glossy black plastic? it looks similar to the iphone's, does that get scratched easily? 7 more days only!

Check out this link.

HTC Droid Incredible Skin

Best Skins Ever sells a full body protection package made of the exact same material as the Zagg Invisible Shield that everyone keeps talking about, but instead of charging $15 for just screen protection, they charge $8 for a skin that covers the entire phone. I've bought these for 3 or 4 different cell phones and for a couple of MP3 players and they work great.

I highly recommend them :)

Probably meant your ORDER will be released the 27th, since it's on hold. It will be processed and thipped the 28th for 29th delivery.

I was planning on going to a VZW store to pick mine up the day of the release but I just saw I have $25 in Best Buy reward zone dollars. I'm going to go to Best Buy, get them to pricematch the Verizon price of $529!

If the leaked proposed Best Buy ads are correct, I might even try on Sunday!

I understand that the DInc has only Flash_Lite support. Can anyone comment on what that may imply going forward? Can we ever anticipate a full Flash ability? Which sites will be a persistent problem because of the Flash_Lite? Thanks!

You should be very happy with Flash Lite 4, since it is basically Flash 10.1 mobile, but mainly support for games and videos, but no GPU support. Full Flash 10.1 should be out for Android sometime this summer.

Got ordered by red/black/gradient cover from the CSR. The system didn't automatically apply my corporate discount, but I pleasantly asked and the CSR took the time to do it manually. I'm now fully-stocked for day-1 (display protectors, memory card, cover, etc.) All I need is the phone!

Check out this link.

HTC Droid Incredible Skin

Best Skins Ever sells a full body protection package made of the exact same material as the Zagg Invisible Shield that everyone keeps talking about, but instead of charging $15 for just screen protection, they charge $8 for a skin that covers the entire phone. I've bought these for 3 or 4 different cell phones and for a couple of MP3 players and they work great.

I highly recommend them :)

Interesting, but how soon is "coming soon", 2 weeks?

I just did this. My discount didn't show either but she had so much trouble finding the case in the first place that I didn't want the hassle of arguing for my discount too. Oh well. It's only a couple of bucks...

I just ordered the gradient case but missed the post about a discount. How do I get that? Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom