• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally loved these cases for my iPhone. They provide the right amount of protection while not taking away from the style of the phone. They do not add much to the size of the phone either. I checked their website a few days ago and they have a blurb on their homepage saying "Coming Soon for HTC Incredible".
This case for the Eris was originally available directly from Verizon. I have it and it's superior to others because it protects the phone entirely and 'clicks' into the holster yet comes out fairly easily. Hopefully, they will have one for the DI.
moz-screenshot.png

NEW HTC DROID ERIS SHELL/HOLSTER CASE+SCREEN PROTECTOR - eBay (item 270507974388 end time Apr-28-10 14:32:30 PDT)

My friend swears by these cases that are a hybrid of plastic and silicone... So they aren't grippy in your pocket but are still soft (and protective). Not sure when they will come out for the d-inc. Anyone know any other brands that are like this? I'm hesitant to go with the silicone because of the in-and-out of pocket issue...

BLACK SMOKE CRYSTAL SKIN FOR GOOGLE/HTC NEXUS ONE PHONE - eBay (item 300394656484 end time May-08-10 05:35:05 PDT)

http://www.case-mate.com/Google-Cases/Case-Mate-Google-Nexus-One-Tough-Cases.asp

i just emailed them again about these, they said that its in planned development now so hopefully we will see some good cases from them in about 2-3 months

i want a screen protector that covers the entire front of the phone. i feel like it will get really scratched without one since it's a glossy black plastic? it looks similar to the iphone's, does that get scratched easily? 7 more days only!

Read my sig...LOL:)

Some folks go for whole body protection, but I with you - I'll only protect the screen. INC has a very nice 'soft-touch' back....plus, any case will add bulk.

I just received the black silicone cover from Verizon, its pretty nice. Ill probably use it until Seidio releases the Innocase or the Innocase Snap. :)

Anybody have a favorite app for speed-dialing? I use speed-dial a lot and some of my numbers have pauses and codes automatically entered after the number (think: Voice Mail).

Thanks.

This Body Glove case for the Incredible comes with a built in kickstand that 'clicks' into the belt clip when it's on your belt. The kickstand works for either portrait or landscape use. I have one for my Eris and for my Moto Droid. The kickstand is awesome.

Enter your location

Read my sig...LOL:)

Some folks go for whole body protection, but I with you - I'll only protect the screen. INC has a very nice 'soft-touch' back....plus, any case will add bulk.

I've never used a screen "film" like that. Does it interfere at all with the touchscreen? Or change the sensitivity any? :confused:

Thanks!

so is it safe to assume that the incredibles "8 gb" internal memory can be expanded to 24 gb with the installation of a 16gb minisd card?

This Body Glove case for the Incredible comes with a built in kickstand that 'clicks' into the belt clip when it's on your belt. The kickstand works for either portrait or landscape use. I have one for my Eris and for my Moto Droid. The kiskstand is awesome.

Enter your location

I was leaning towards that one as well, but there are two things I'm worried about...

1. It looks like it adds quite a bit of bulk, but might be nice for those that don't want the ridges on the back...

2. It's probably just a prototype photo but there's no hole for the speaker on the back

I may actually go without a case and just get a good screen protector. If case-mate comes out with the id case I might get that, would be handy for me to carry business cards.

I've never used a screen "film" like that. Does it interfere at all with the touchscreen? Or change the sensitivity any? :confused:

Thanks!

No interference, Musky. If anything I find it easier to use the touch screen with the InvisibleShield on - it kinda 'grabs' your finger lightly and helps to keep it on the screen. I used many others, including anti-glare....those are the worst IMHO....the finger slides too easily....especially if you have dry hands.

easy to install too

Thanks!

In theory, it should not interfere with the touchscreen or change the sensitivity since this is a capacitive screen.

I must say this phone is a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. I pulled the case out of the box and thought I had the wrong case at first! LOL

I was leaning towards that one as well, but there are two things I'm worried about...

1. It looks like it adds quite a bit of bulk, but might be nice for those that don't want the ridges on the back...

2. It's probably just a prototype photo but there's no hole for the speaker on the back

I may actually go without a case and just get a good screen protector. If case-mate comes out with the id case I might get that, would be handy for me to carry business cards.
I dunno if you saw my earlier post but this link shows you the best (IMHO) holster out there. I have one for the Eris but I believe there will be one for the DI shortly. Scroll down through the link page and look at the pics.
NEW HTC DROID ERIS SHELL/HOLSTER CASE+SCREEN PROTECTOR - eBay (item 270507974388 end time Apr-28-10 14:32:30 PDT)

Snap On Cover (Hard)
Black w/ Red Gradient - VZW6300COVRDG

call #611 on your current verizon cell phone, press option 4 then press option 0 to talk to a CSR. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. I called and ordered my case. The CS rep was unable to see my Incredible order on her computer screen since I ordered online. She had to put me on hold while she called the online department to verify that I ordered the Incredible. Then she had to call a supervisor to override the system to allow the purchase since I don't currently have the phone. She had trouble getting my 25% accessory discount to go through, too, but got it worked out. I also asked if it could ship with the phone. No dice. So the case arrives Monday by FedEx. Sure would be nice to have a phone to go with it on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom