• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wrote customer service an email in regards to the shipping release/why people already received their phones/ and a few other things n this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your order number XXXXXXXX is a pre order. Please be advised that pre-orders placed online before 4pm local time on 4/28 will be delivered 4/29. If there is any issues with your order at the time that the phones arrive. We will send you an email to the email address on the order.To check your order status, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/orderstatus. Only enter the numerical portion of the order number in the Order Status tool. Your friend has probably received his phone early in error. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call 800-711-7773 (866-338-7390) Monday-Friday 8am-9pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.

We are unable to change the shipping address or Date for your order. In the event that you are not available to sign for the package, FedEx will offer the following signature capture options for residential deliveries:
- From any person at the delivery address
- From a neighbor, building manager, or other person at a neighboring address
or
- The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone being present.

For additional signature capture/release options, please contact FEDEX at 800-GoFEDEX or visit Global Homepage

FedEx will make up to 3 delivery attempts on consecutive business days. After the three delivery attempts the package will be held at the local FedEx location for pickup prior to being returned to the shipper.
Note: If the customer chooses to leave a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package, Verizon Wireless is not responsible for any lost/stolen packages.

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call 800-711-7773 Monday-Friday 8am-9pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.

Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. We appreciate your business.
Order Processing Team

To apply this skin, do you have to wet your device?

You do have to put a very small amount of moisture on the skin when you apply the device, which you then squeegee out. It does not in any way harm the device.

One thing that your extra money pays for at zagg is they send you a small spray bottle (or at least they used to - I haven't ordered from them in years) with a solution, and a little piece of plastic with a flat edge to help you squeegee out the moisture.

If you order from a site that does not include the spray bottle and plastic piece, you can create your own solution and use any spray bottle, and use a credit card to squeegee out the water - that is what I do. Instead of using plain water, add a very small amount of liquid soap and this makes a nice slippery solution and it is a little easier to seat the skin in just the right place.

With all of these skins (whether it is Invisible Shield or best skins ever or any other company) it is a little difficult and takes some practice to get the skin on in just the right place and with no air bubbles. That is another reason I won't overpay to order from Zagg. You can get two from best skins ever for the same price. If you get it on right the first time, you have a spare, and if you screw the first one up, you don't have to spend more money and wait for another Invisible Shield to ship.

That's kinda like the one I got, Shell/Holster Combo. When the phone's on my belt clip, it protects both sides.

Someone mentioned that the screen protectors on Verizon's website only protect the screen, not the buttons. Just got mine in today and it seems like that's the case. Sucks. I'll have to go buy another set of screen protectors somewhere else.
I get most of my stuff like that on Amazon. Can't beat their prices and they will have Incredible stuff very soon.

I don't mind trying it out, for $7.99 or what ever but do you know when it will be released? I don't want to wait 2-3 months. I did already order the Zagg protector but I am not even sure when that will be available. Now where on the Zagg website does it say "Coming Soon" or anything but I ordered it Monday and they still haven't shipped it. I am beginning to think it might be some time till I get the Zagg.

I would give them a shot, but I don't want to wait forever for it, any idea on when the skins will be available?

I don't know exactly when it will be available. I would recommend using the "contact us" option on both sites (Zagg and Bestskinsever) and seeing if they can give you a better idea of when they will be shipping. It seems like Zagg is taking preorders without letting their customers know that it is actually not available yet. BSE is being more upfront about the fact that it is coming soon and therefore won't be shipping in 1-2 days.

Has anyone who has ordered the zagg the Invisible shield gotten their order shipped yet? I ordered mine 4 days ago and it says still in process. Says was suppost to ship in 1-2 days.

Mine says in-process too. I'm almost ready to cancel my order but it says I can't do that either. I'm kind of annoyed about that right now.

Yeah, but at that price, it looks more like a mistake than a bargain. Likely to get a mini or standard card in the mail..

The picture looks like a standard card, but that might be the adapter. The description clearly states micro sdhc with adapter. I think I might call and get clarification.

What are some of the best screen protectors-not anti-glare, but clear, that don't require wetting the phone or screen down on application? Just looking for a good, full front screen protector!

This is probably a silly question as I have noted all spec sheets say the Incredible has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, but here it goes...

Does anyone know if the headphone jack accepts a stereo headphone and mic plug used for wired headsets? I use my phone a lot to listen to mp3's while riding with a motorcycle helmet on, and was wondering if I could hook up to the Inc with a wired mic and use my current noise isolation ear buds. Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Or, are there any other riders out there who have a better bluetooth solution??? Love my noise isolation ear buds and I don't want to switch to in helmet speakers.

.sptbluegradbox .iso{text-align:left;text-decoration:none;font-style: normal;color: #0035ad;font-size:9pt;line-height:11pt;font-weight:bold;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;padding:10px 0 0 10px;}.sptbluegradbox{margin-bottom:10px;padding-bottom:10px;width:99%;border: solid 1px #ccc;float:left;background:url("http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/global/hf/bby2/attnav_bluegrad.gif") top right repeat-x;}.sptbluegradbox h3,.sptbluegradbox h2{font-size:11px;margin:0;padding:0 10px 0;font-weight:bold;float:left;}.sptbluegradbox p{margin:0;padding:0 0 0 10px;}.sptbluegradbox a{text-decoration:none;}.sptbluegradbox a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}.sptbluegradbox a:visited{color:#333399;}.sptbluegradbox .seeall{float:right;padding:10px 10px;font-weight:bold;font-size:10px;}.sptbluegradbox .disclaimer, .greygradbox .disclaimer{font-size:9px;color:#999;float:right;padding-right:10px;}.sptbluegradbox .offer{font-size:9px;} .spfull * {margin:0;padding:0;}.sptfull {width:588px;/* overflow:hidden;height:98px; */}.sptfull h3{float:none;padding:10px 0 7px 10px;margin:0;font-family:arial;font-size:18px;line-height:22px;font-weight:normal;}.sptfull div{font-family:arial;}.sptfull img.right{float:right;margin:0;padding:0;margin-left:20px;*margin-left:0;}.sptfull img.left{float:left;margin:0;padding:0;margin-right:20px;*margin-right:0;}.sptfull div.text{margin:0;height:83px;padding:15px 20px 0 20px;}.sptfull p a{font-weight:bold;}.sptfull div.valign{padding:0 10px;height:98px;}.sptfull div.valign h3{line-height:98px;margin:0;padding:0;} DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

Experience incredible apps from Android Market, incredible speed with its 1GHz processor, and an incredible 8.0MP camera. Reserve yours today at a Best Buy store near you. Store Locator ›
DROID™ Lucasfilm Ltd. Used under license.

just saw this on best buy website after using the search bar

Got an email back yesterday from their tech support. They will be opening the beta again soon.:D

I have never used Swype and like the idea, but at this point it does not have the ability to do voice to text, correct? Meaning I would need to switch back and forth between keyboards to use that feature?

Does anyone know if they are planning on integrating that feature with Swype?

That's fine, but taking away the small chance that you win the free iPad.....

I don't really want an iPad. IF I won I'd sell it and get my husband a DROID INCREDIBLE :)

One thing that your extra money pays for at zagg is they send you a small spray bottle (or at least they used to - I haven't ordered from them in years) with a solution, and a little piece of plastic with a flat edge to help you squeegee out the moisture.

they still do....

With all of these skins (whether it is Invisible Shield or best skins ever or any other company) it is a little difficult and takes some practice to get the skin on in just the right place and with no air bubbles. That is another reason I won't overpay to order from Zagg.
I thought so too at first, but it's not that difficult...

Oh, yeah....InvisibleSHIELD does have Lifetime warranty. Not sure about thebestskinzevah :)

Has anyone who has ordered the zagg the Invisible shield gotten their order shipped yet? I ordered mine 4 days ago and it says still in process. Says was suppost to ship in 1-2 days.

i ordered one around that time and still don't have it. i'm so focused on the phone i haven't even thought about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom