• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I am going to return my Moto Droid tomorrow. I wanted to like it but it is just to heavy and bulky for comfort. I will definitely be pre ordering the Incredible though.

On a side note, I took off the rubberized case I bought with the phone and the screen is now loose. I read about this happening so I am not too surprised. If I wasn't returning it I would be super pissed.

Okay, I've got a question I haven't seen anyone ask yet.

Doesn't seem like a lot of people use this app, but if anyone could supply some information on this it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm curious to know if/how Google Docs is integrated into Sense UI on the Incredible.
I'd love to edit docs at home on Google Docs and view them on my Incredible.

I've read about an app called GDocs, sounds a little buggy, wondering if it would work to at least view documents. Also wondering if it's possible to use Google Docs in the browser on the incredible. Lastly, I've heard it's possible to view (and not edit) w/ Google Docs on Android, but could never get details.

Any help/info/suggestions would be very appreciated - thanks !

I called *611 and ordered the red/black gradient. He manually entered my 25% discount and I paid $20.05. I also gave him the FREEOVERNT coupon code for free over night shipping and that worked too. Only problem is I ordered it after 5pm EST so it wont ship until tomorrow and I wont get it until monday. What a waste of free over night shipping. lol.

what is this discount you guys are talking about. 25% or 20%? i want!!!

for anyone interested called verizon today with a few questions i thought id pass on the results.

ordered my phone at BB. the store i went to does not validate the NE2. it seems its on an individual basis. tried to see if verizon would still offer me a $50 ne2 store value card if i mailed in a upc code or something but no go. best he could say was to cancel order at bb and reorder online which would give me the ne2 plus instant rebate. then i could use bb card for accesories.

regarding the $29.99 data plan it is automatically implemented upon activation. if anyone has any problems with activation through the web site they can walk you through online.

Quick question, does anybody know if the DI can accept commands from headphones with in-line volume controls? Like volume up and down, pause/play music, skip song, etc.
Like these from Apple:
apple-earphones.jpg

or others from other companies that do the same...
thanks

Wow, some of these questions are random.:p:) Some of these questions are best answered yourself when you get your phone. If you haven't ordered yet and are looking for more info before you decide, at least wait until the 29th when everybody gets the phone and information will be much more readily available.:cool:

For those of you buying a case for your phone from Verizon, cases have been shipped to stores in limited numbers, including the black/red case that is all the rage here. I just spoke with my local store and they said they "have a limited number of cases" (but all of the different varieties) and are in the backroom, not on the shelf. The associate told me they would have no problem selling these cases before thursday, and they have no problem with promo codes (like CAS15 for 15% off any case).

I'm sorry that happened to you. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm new to the Metro Atlanta area and I will make sure to stay out of that Best Buy.

Yeah it's unfortunate. Apparently his bottom line is more important to him than his customers satisfaction or the stores reputation. What an exercise in futility! :rolleyes:

Yes and no. Remember that phones like the droid store the third-party apps you buy in the ROM. Therefor, the ROM can be written in normal operating mode. My WinMo phone stores apps, contacts, calendar data, most everything in the ROM. So, there are ROMs that must be programmed all at once while in a special mode, and some that act more like NVRAM. I'd be curious to see the data sheet on the chip that provides the 512MB ROM in the phone.

I think your assumptions are a bit off on this. WinMo has two storage spaces available that 'seem' to be off the same space when you look at it in a file manager, However, try deleting a file in the windows directory, or overwriting it. That is the whole purpose of Custom ROMS and Kitchens, to create custom ROM images with the programs you want in the ROM to save space for your stuff in the program memory area. I have a feeling that your data is stored on a different chip that the ROM. What phone do you have?

It has to do with the discount different people get due to the company they work for. Check to see if the company you work for has a discount for accessories/plans.

ok. ha. i work at cold stone. do we get a discount? ;) i'm 17. just got that coupon code though CAS15 of whatever. thanks!

Verizon just ran their first commercial of the night during the NFL draft. They pushed SKYPE for international calls, the android platform, and the Droid name but not attached to any particular phone. I have a feeling we may see the first Incredible commercial tonight.:)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'll get overnight shipping even if i don't order by 4:30 right? since it isn't even shipping till next thursday..
sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I ordered the red fade to black case thru 611 and told them i had the CAS15 discount code and the FREEOVERNT code. Since its after 4:30 i may not get it till monday but that is fine with me.

Also asked her if they had sufficient inventory of the phone available in stores for the release date. She said definitely!! woot! :D

My friend swears by these cases that are a hybrid of plastic and silicone... So they aren't grippy in your pocket but are still soft (and protective). Not sure when they will come out for the d-inc. Anyone know any other brands that are like this? I'm hesitant to go with the silicone because of the in-and-out of pocket issue...

BLACK SMOKE CRYSTAL SKIN FOR GOOGLE/HTC NEXUS ONE PHONE - eBay (item 300394656484 end time May-08-10 05:35:05 PDT)

I LIKE it a LOT!!!

getting this one I think...

Snap On Cover - Front and Back

Back to Previous

htc_incredible_snapon_red_cov.png

Retail Price: $19.99 Your Price: $14.99
(25% OFF) compatible with your phone
htc_incredible.png

DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

Pick Color

1 2 3 Add to Cart
+ Add to Wish List Worry Free Guarantee

I just got this case in the mail today, and it's great! It's a hard 2 piece case, that has a soft rubbery feel to it (at least the red one does.) We also got the black silicone one. (Red for me, and black for my hubby)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom