• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pictures...The "HTC" isn't printed on the case, the case is fairly translucent, so it's probably from the phone. The diamond-like pattern is actually a raised texture on the inside of the case.

Thanks for those. Is the texture of the outside kind of sticky or pretty smooth?

Nope...can't use it. But it will remain on your account till you do use it.

For me...I'm still doing a one year and will use my $50 credit towards a 4G LTE phone next year

NYC Coyote: are you sure the credit remains? the fine print on the verizon site for ne2 states:

Upgrading your device at a discounted price, including exercising your Annual Upgrade option, will restart your eligibility for New Every Two.

Calling Features: New Every Two

From what I remember in the reviews some apps that store data to the MicroSD card were unable to find the on board storage. So for now, we will need a MicroSD card for these apps.

This is true. HTC needs to fix this quickly. Not sure if app devs can fix it if they wanted to (and they would). Big question is, how did reviewers catch it, but HTC and Verizon product management missed it?

More the reason to release tracked prototypes and get feedback from more people than the who are in your company's bubble.

my friend, a verizon manager, got his stores functioning Incredible demo model yesterday and brought it over to my house to mess with... seriously this phone is sick, can't wait for it!!!

Well, took the plunge and pre-ordered... I usually wait at least a month after a phone is released before buying it, but I have an early upgrade to a smart phone offer (still on feature phone) that ends 5/1, so I figured I better make up my mind. Now I just have to make sure I am home the 29th, as currently I am working 5 hours away.

Pretty excited for my first smart phone... I think I made the right choice.

Thanks for those. Is the texture of the outside kind of sticky or pretty smooth?

The texture on the outside is smooth and shiny :) Definitely not sticky at all.

its hard right?

It's not as hard as the red hard case that I got for myself, but definitely not as soft as the silicone case that I have for my blackberry.

Just wondering, do these cases provide any protection to the front of the phone? or do we need a screen protector in addition?

It just has the small lip around the outside front of the phone, so that if you put it on the table it would rest on the case, instead of the face of the phone. I'd definitely still get a screen protector.

...Thats what she said.

Sorry couldnt help it.

Damn, that was my line! ;)

Verizon just ran their first commercial of the night during the NFL draft. They pushed SKYPE for international calls, the android platform, and the Droid name but not attached to any particular phone. I have a feeling we may see the first Incredible commercial tonight.:)

Today;s USA Today has a NFL Draft insert, pages, full page Version NFL Mobile with MotoDroid. Nothing Incredible.:(

Yeah it's unfortunate. Apparently his bottom line is more important to him than his customers satisfaction or the stores reputation. What an exercise in futility! :rolleyes:

Which BB was this? The "regular" BB store on the across from North Point Mall or the BBMobile store inside North Point Mall?
The name Tim sounds familiar (bald guy, about 5'10"?) as I walked into the BBMobile store in the mall Sunday and this guy has NO clue what the heck the Incredible was. Even asked me twice the name of the phone was a puzzled look. I told him YOU guys are pre-ordering the phone starting today and he had no clue. I said forget it and walked out. I'll be at the North Point VZW brick and mortar store directly in front of the mall on the 29th at 9am :)
F BB!

It just has the small lip around the outside front of the phone, so that if you put it on the table it would rest on the case, instead of the face of the phone. I'd definitely still get a screen protector.

Cool, thanks. I'm looking for just a regular slip case(preferably leather) so i can use it 'naked' when its in my hand, and keep it relatively protected in my pocket.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom