• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the inexpensive screen protector production is beginning. I've always wondered the difference in quality btwn these and the more expensive types. Either way, a good cheap alternative to make sure your DI is protected from Day 1. We'll probably start to see cases popping up on ebay shortly also!

htc incredible screen protector, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!

I'm curious too if these are worth at least for the first week or so just to have something on until the "good" stuff comes out???

I have 3 questions:

1) When do you think we can expect a SGP Steinheil Crystal screen protector like this: Amazon.com: SGP Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid: Electronics

2) I decided to go with the crystal rather then anti glare. Good choice? Better than Zagg Invisible Shield?

3) I also decided on this micro sd card: Amazon.com: Transcend Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card: Electronics
Will this work with the incredible? Is this a good brand; better then Kingston?

Any help is appreciated! Just 7 more days :)

just checked - no extended battery....and no desktop charger :(

Dang!

Desktop charger is at the top of my list, but i just thought of something....
The picture from the launch package that as far as i know is the only evidence of the desktop charger that we have.

It just says "desktop charging cradle", and has a slot for the microUSB plug that would go into our phone...

Can we assume that this item wont have a wall plug? which would suck.
That all it is is a cradle into which we could plug our charger? and if we wanted to use this in one place and the charger in another, we'd also need to buy a charger?

How much would they charge for that given that there would be no charger included?

Someone tell me im dead wrong...please

Attachments

• cradle.jpg
    cradle.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 185
I have 3 questions:

1) When do you think we can expect a SGP Steinheil Crystal screen protector like this: Amazon.com: SGP Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid: Electronics

2) I decided to go with the crystal rather then anti glare. Good choice? Better than Zagg Invisible Shield?

3) I also decided on this micro sd card: Amazon.com: Transcend Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card: Electronics
Will this work with the incredible? Is this a good brand; better then Kingston?

Any help is appreciated! Just 7 more days :)
Good choice on the SDHC card. I'm sure we'll both enjoy ours. :)

Funny thing happened today on the way to the bank... :o

I was on the Verizon web site and checking up on my order. Previously, after my initial order, when I tried to upgrade my phone, it was greyed out and would not let me upgrade it again. I was looking at it again tonight and this was not the case. I called VW support and they could not find the order, (nuts!). :eek:

I even gave them my order number. I had ordered it online on the 18th at around 11:30PM.

After talking to the CS rep for a while, I went ahead and ordered again. The order went through and she told me if they send me two phones, just send the 2nd one back and they will credit my account.

BTW: I did order the body glove case for the phone this time around. It was not available the first time, AND I used the free shipping code that someone posted on here, (thank you very much), and got free overnight shipping.

We'll see...

New Jeresy, home of the scam artist. Need I say more?

It is New Jersey.

And you people freaking out about your order not showing up need to seriously calm down. It is getting out of hand.

As if those posts are any worse than people correcting minor spelling errors. :rolleyes:

OK, so how many times a day do you check your order status to see if maybe they let your order ship early? I've been checking 3-4 times/days.

Probably at least a dozen. :D

LOL...yeah, probably 10-12 here as well. And I'm so irked when it hasn't changed, even though I have no reason to be, as long as it says shipped on the 28th! :D

I was on the Verizon web site and checking up on my order. Previously, after my initial order, when I tried to upgrade my phone, it was greyed out and would not let me upgrade it again. I was looking at it again tonight and this was not the case. I called VW support and they could not find the order, (nuts!). :eek:

I even gave them my order number. I had ordered it online on the 18th at around 11:30PM.

After talking to the CS rep for a while, I went ahead and ordered again. The order went through and she told me if they send me two phones, just send the 2nd one back and they will credit my account.

BTW: I did order the body glove case for the phone this time around. It was not available the first time, AND I used the free shipping code that someone posted on here, (thank you very much), and got free overnight shipping.

We'll see...

Did it still show up on the online order status? Now you have me worried!

We'll see...

I just chekced the upgrade eligibility on my online account again. And now it doesnt have the grayed out information either. WTH is going on?!?!

A few people are talking about needing a coupon for free overnight. When i preordered my phone and screen protectors it gave me free overnight as an option. I wonder why?

Desktop charger is at the top of my list, but i just thought of something....
The picture from the launch package that as far as i know is the only evidence of the desktop charger that we have.

It just says "desktop charging cradle", and has a slot for the microUSB plug that would go into our phone...

Can we assume that this item wont have a wall plug? which would suck.
That all it is is a cradle into which we could plug our charger? and if we wanted to use this in one place and the charger in another, we'd also need to buy a charger?

How much would they charge for that given that there would be no charger included?

Someone tell me im dead wrong...please

i see a micro USB port there...that's where the cord, included in the orig. box goes. Oh I do want that charger - can double up as my night-stand clock+alarm.

LOL...yeah, probably 10-12 here as well. And I'm so irked when it hasn't changed, even though I have no reason to be, as long as it says shipped on the 28th! :D

Or I'm sure you'd be ok with it shipping sooner. I know I would be. They just better not screw the pooch and lose a bunch of orders. I know I'm at least slightly concerned that I am now able to make changed to my plan and order an upgrade phone on my account again. After I initially placed the order that was all locked out. I'm not too concerned yet since I can still see the order on the status page (all 12+ times a day I check it). :D:p

Or I'm sure you'd be ok with it shipping sooner. I know I would be.

Oh, HECK YEAH! I want it yesterday! LOL! :D I just know that I don't have a right to be annoyed about it yet since I know it wasn't promised for another week yet (ugh...7 days...this will be a rare occasion where I actually want the weekend to go fast!)

Quoted from Incredible_Nat:

I thought so too at first but it's not that difficult.

Oh, yeah....InvisibleSHIELD does have Lifetime warranty. Not sure about thebestskinzevah :)[/QUOTE]

I have become pretty good at installing these since I've bought a few of them, but some of the people here that we are giving advice to do not have any experience with these products, so I just wanted to give them a heads up that it isn't a 2-second fool-proof process to install them.

As far as I know, BSE does not have a lifetime warranty, but you don't need the warranty with either product. Neither of them are going to fail on you, especially within the lifecycle of a cell phone. They are exactly the same material (I would be willing to bet they use the same manufacturer - Zagg just charges more to cut, package, and market theirs).

how many apps will be too much and slow down the phone? i'm going to want to download like 50 apps/games right away. will that slow the phone down at all if all the apps are by known developers and there quality apps? i don't know how to put it lol (not harmful/poorly made apps)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom