• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk it seems like they had so many pre orders for this phone that the website was having trouble keeping up with it so i think they made a good choice by not wasting money on the advertising the droid in the name is all they need

can you use yahoo and aol mail on the incredibe?

i pre ordered one and convinced my mom to do so too. she just needs to know if it supports aol and yahoo mail.

wow...maybe they are just waiting for the phone to be released? I agree..they really haven't advertised it much. O well..less people having the same phone as me :-D

Is Verizon going to market this phone beyond the web. Wow they really missed out not showing this thing off at the NFL Draft wow.... There marketing dept head needs to be fired.
I don't think a bunch of football
1409bw3.png
fans are exactly their biggest target audience

whistle.gif

:D

i pre ordered one and convinced my mom to do so too. she just needs to know if it supports aol and yahoo mail.

sorry for re-posting just really need to know and help is much appreciated. thanks in advance

Is Verizon going to market this phone beyond the web. Wow they really missed out not showing this thing off at the NFL Draft wow.... There marketing dept head needs to be fired.

See my above post.

They're pushing it pretty hard with the NHL.

Verizon gave away a couple Incredibles at the arena tonight and everyone who stopped by the VZW booth got to play with the live Incredibles on display and got a free tshirt

sorry for re-posting just really need to know and help is much appreciated. thanks in advance

Yes, although I think only gmail will be "pushed" to the phone. I have both yahoo and gmail accounts and I plan to have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail to take advantage of the push technology.

Yes, although I think only gmail will be "pushed" to the phone. I have both yahoo and gmails accounts and I plan to have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail to take advantage of the push technology.
Can you do that now? I remember you not being able to forward your yahoo mail to gmail... (or was that hotmail?)

After reading that a few of you have called verizon CS due to problems with your preorder status i decided to see if my preorder was still accounted for... it wasnt... so i decided to make a call to verizon. i told this guy the situation, he looked it up and saw that my order didnt get through. so he called the warehouse and they had said that they didnt have my order on file. He called me back and told me about it so we went through the pre order process again online. He then called the warehouse again and they said they received the pending order. He also said he would call me on monday to confirm that my order was still good to go. I must say this was the coolest CSR ive ever talked to. it turns out he also really wants this phone and so we were talking about it for a while and we got to talking about the black-red gradient case and he said he'd order one for me. Its crazy how a nice CSR can really make your day!
OH, and i also realized the difference between my first pre order (4/18) and this pre order was that on the first one i wasnt charged tax, on this one i was. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to have a memory card to download apps for the incredible?

no questions are dumb! We do get a lot of repeats, but its inevitable and not a big deal. No, you do not have to have a memory card to download apps. The Incredible has 8gb (6.6gb we can use) internal memory for this very reason. Buying an additional microSD card would just be if you needed the extra space for things like media.

There has been a great deal of talk about where you can download the apps. One of the reviews stated that it was only the third-party apps that were unable to 'see' the on-board storage. It looks like standard apps should be ok. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong?:o

I recommend you get an SD card, even if it's a cheap small one. Here is the link to the Engadget review that described what they saw w/o an SD in the phone...

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

"Storage

In a somewhat new move for Android phone, HTC has equipped the Incredible with 8GB of internal storage as well as a MicroSD slot which can handle an additional 32GB -- giving you a whopping potential 40GB of space for your goods. We love the idea of a hardwired option for content storage, but HTC has some problems with this implementation. Firstly, many apps currently available in the Android Market which utilize an SD card for offloading data aren't able to see the internal storage at all, which means if you drag some APKs you want to install or want to download some data when you're in an app, you're out of luck. It just simply doesn't see it..........
"

See my above post.

They're pushing it pretty hard with the NHL.

Verizon gave away a couple Incredibles at the arena tonight and everyone who stopped by the VZW booth got to play with the live Incredibles on display and got a free tshirt

Not to be mean but like the only people watching nhl are the people at the game.
NFL has probably 100x more fans.
I just read an article... record 39 million viewers on NFL Network, ESPN and ESPN2. Total NFL Draft viewership....

Well, I just got back from Prudential Arena and the horrid blowout at the Devils game.

There were a few good moments.

Verizon is a HUGE sponsor there, so I FINALLY got to lay my hands on an HTC Droid Incredible.

All I have to say is WOW, even with tons of apps open from previous users, it was blazing fast. Screen is gorgeous, it has a nice solid "heft" to it, feels solidly built. The "topographic" back, which i was worried that i'd dislike, really feels nice in hand.

Its not quite as hefty as my Touch Pro 2, but it sure feels as well built.

The other bonus for the night was a freebie Devils / HTC / Verizon T-shirt!
View attachment 3449
View attachment 3450

GO FLYERS!!!! :D:p Sorry had to do it. Gotta support my team.

Did I miss something, because is there a reason why everyone thinks their pre-order didn't go in? I received an email from Verizon when I first did a pre-order. Has something changed since I have been away?

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom