• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah heard that too! anyone with the phone, you lucks sons of guns, can you guys confirm this? Or does it pick up every fingerprint?

Any freaking phone w/ a SHINY surface is going to pick up finger prints. The Incredible isn't magic. Don't like it? Sham on! Wear gloves Michael...........

Verizon has one of, if not the, slowest 3G networks around. If speed is more important to you than reliability, then Verizon is not your network. However, a super fast 3G network does you no good when you can't connect to it due to shoddy coverage.

There have been explanations of why the wi-fi may have shown up as slower than expected. If both phones were pulling 1Mbs, that's at least 2Mbs total on his connection, and more than enough for anything you'd want to do on your phone.

I'm not sure where the argument regarding Kbs and Mbs came from, or was heading, but just as an FYI, 1000Kbs ≈ 1Mbs (1,024Kbs = 1Mbs).

does this guy EVER have a clue about ANNNYYYYTHIIINNG????

talk about delusional.
:confused:

it would NOT let me use my upgrade again for the first 3 days after i preordered it. today it WOULD let me use my upgrade again. then i called, found out they didnt have my order, so i preordered AGAIN, and now it WONT let me use my upgrade again. but like i said, a verizon CSR is going to call me monday to confirm my order is in progress.

Same thing......my order status works though.......Did your order status work. I can reorder it now

Does that come with a man-purse? Maybe some tape for your glasses? Do people really wear their phones in HOLSTERS on their belts anymore?

Not judging just asking about the holster thing...........

I don't but I see a lot of people that do, and personally I don't see anything wrong with it. I know my dad does, I think he likes it for the ease to access it, his pants are old school style and he likes his levi's.

Well guys, I got my motorola car charger, my ADATA 16 gig class 6 micro sdhc, and just waiting for the phone now! This is exciting lol! I just need to decide if i will get a screen protector or not, and if i do, which brand and if it will be a crystal clear or anti glare. I find it funny how obsessed I am with this phone and finding out information. My fiancee says I need to start to worry about the wedding in two weeks. I told her as long as I dont have to do anything on the 29th hahah

Any freaking phone w/ a SHINY surface is going to pick up finger prints. The Incredible isn't magic. Don't like it? Sham on! Wear gloves Michael...........

well obviously man. But we are just wondering to what degree. This phone is incredible after all...

Went to my local Verizon store this afternoon because the manager said the have a Incredible demo to show me. I went there and man this phone is nice. I like everything about it. I took it out into the sun and the screen wasn't as good as in the store, but it was still good. The internet was running on a Wifi connection and it screamed! The manager had a droid and we compared different things. The internet was faster, we took a picture with both phones and the picture processed as soon as I took it with the Incredible and the Droid took about 2 seconds to process. We both liked the key board over the Droid and he said that it was more responsive than the Droid. He also said he was going to trade in his Droid for the Incredible.

I told him way not just sell me the phone now instead of making me wait for the 29th and he said he couldn't because when they put the sku into their computer it shows a price of $9,999.99 and they can't change it. He said he would call me if they release the phone eariler.

I can hardly wait to get my new phone!

ok so are we saying that if you able to go back in and attempt to upgrade the same line for the preorder, and it does let you, that means your order got lost?!?

because, i have been able to do this since day one.

when i check the status it still says order pending.

ok so are we saying that if you able to go back in and attempt to upgrade the same line for the preorder, and it does let you, that means your order got lost?!?

Verizon is closed for me...I want to know what the heck is going on!!!!

Went to my local Verizon store this afternoon because the manager said the have a Incredible demo to show me. I went there and man this phone is nice. I like everything about it. I took it out into the sun and the screen wasn't as good as in the store, but it was still good. The internet was running on a Wifi connection and it screamed! The manager had a droid and we compared different things. The internet was faster, we took a picture with both phones and the picture processed as soon as I took it with the Incredible and the Droid took about 2 seconds to process. We both liked the key board over the Droid and he said that it was more responsive than the Droid. He also said he was going to trade in his Droid for the Incredible.

I told him way not just sell me the phone now instead of making me wait for the 29th and he said he couldn't because when they put the sku into their computer it shows a price of $9,999.99 and they can't change it. He said he would call me if they release the phone eariler.

I can hardly wait to get my new phone!

haha thats funny about the price. You mean, you arent willing to pay 10 grand for it? Lol jk. I have a question about wifi in general on andriod phones. On my bb pearl, it connected automatically if it was open or a password was saved. On my htc mytouch 3g, it just notifies me when its available and I have to go into settings and connect. I wonder if the incredible will auto connect or just prompt? Cause that was way cool on my pearl

Does that come with a man-purse? Maybe some tape for your glasses? Do people really wear their phones in HOLSTERS on their belts anymore?

hey, you sarcastic ass, you can also just take the clip off and keep the case in your pocket so you dont damage your phone while its in your pocket. and you can EVEN slip the phone out of the case without even having to remove the case from your pocket!!! i mean thats what i'm gonna do. i know what i just explained takes a lot of thought and creativity, so i dont blame an insecure jackass like you for not thinking of that.

I'm NOT saying that your order is DEFINITELY lost. i'm saying its a possibility. It was the situation for me and considering i preordered it as soon as it went on verizons site on 4/18, especially with all the preorders they were getting, i can see how this mistake could be made. like i said, its JUST A POSSIBILITY. i was just letting you guys know because personally i would be really bummed if it didnt come on 4/29

I don't think a bunch of football
1409bw3.png
fans are exactly their biggest target audience

whistle.gif

:D

Speak for yourself, big guy.

Don't you have a song for us about the Incredible? ;)

hahahahaha if you come in and tip me. "zippidy doo da zippidy ay. my oh my what a wonderful day. plenty of dollars headed our way. zippidy doo da zippidy ay!"

well not really after this phone puts me back almost $300 with accessories XD

Is Verizon going to market this phone beyond the web. Wow they really missed out not showing this thing off at the NFL Draft wow.... There marketing dept head needs to be fired.

I'm glad they're keeping quiet. I want to be able to walk into the VZW store and pick one up without a TON of people in line. In. Out. Relatively pain and hassle free

I thought something similar, (to myself) but it looks like the clip is removable, and it says comes with clip. Plus, I asked a friend of mine who has a case with belt clip with his phone if he ever uses the clip and he said rarely. Its not in his way when its in his pocket, but he does use it when hes wearing shorts without pockets.

My first thought was younger people wouldnt use the clip on a belt ever, but realize that it would be useful when wearing mesh shorts without pockets...

so i checked my order # online, and my order still shows that its awaiting approval or phone availability....

then i logged into my account and the website will let me go all the way throught the upgrade / pre order process and i get to the very last step of submit order....

so now im wondering if my first order really even went through....

so im half tempted to press the Submit Order again and see what i get....:confused:

Folks, the "rom" on these phone devices is not read only memory. There are two memory chip types on these devices- memory for operations and memory for storage purposes. You all are getting hung up on the misleading term of "rom".

Misleading in these phone descriptions, at least.

Dude, you may need to read what I wrote again. I was agreeing with you. The phone manufacturers use the term ROM when they should really use NVRAM, non-volatile RAM. Though the chips they use are probably somewhere between the two in operation. The industry and the consumers have decided to use the term ROM even though it isn't technically correct.

<------ Returns to lurker mode before he gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom