• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing. I wish Verizon was open now. I would call them and ask! If they mess this up, I want my original place back in line. How do you just lose and order with an order number and email confirmation???? I have never known Verizon to suck this hard EVER!
There is no reason that it WOULDN'T allow you to order again. Your order has not been processed, and it won't be until the 27th or 28th. Even then, I'd imagine that you'd be able to order another phone, though perhaps not with your NE2.

Calm down and relax, people. If you get to the afternoon of the 28th and your process still hasn't gone through, THEN start worrying. They're not going to process your order and charge you for a phone that won't even be sent out for another week. THAT would suck.

698617.jpg

I pre-ordered on the 20th and have a confirmation email. This morning, I received a promo email offering me a pre-order on the Incredible. I think it's strange that they would send me an email to pre-order when I already have. I'll be calling just to be sure.

Update: I just tried to upgrade my phone (NE2 on 4/20) and I could not not since I already have an order pending and have not activated my new phone yet so all looks good.

Morning everyone. Disappointed I saw no Incredible ads last night on draft. Was watching adult swim this morning and one of their personal commercials had a pick of the Incredible on the board. Still trying to find it on the web. The guy in the ad was from one of the cop out takes.

I pre-ordered on the 20th and have a confirmation email. This morning, I received a promo email offering me a pre-order on the Incredible. I think it's strange that they would send me an email to pre-order when I already have. I'll be calling just to be sure.
Seriously!?

Does that come with a man-purse? Maybe some tape for your glasses? Do people really wear their phones in HOLSTERS on their belts anymore?

Not judging just asking about the holster thing...........

I usually use a holster, but I clip in on the inside of my pocket

Update: I just tried to upgrade my phone (NE2 on 4/20) and I could not not since I already have an order pending and have not activated my new phone yet so all looks good.

I did this on the 19th and got the same thing you did and couldn't upgrade because of pending order. Yesterday it started where I could upgrade again on the 2 lines I ordered Incredible for. I decided to call and make sure the order was still in the system. The CSR transferred the call over to the internet team to asset me. The guy said my order was still in the system on hold till the order is released. He said please don't order for the same lines like it will let you. My take is Verizon is using two different systems one being actual and one in a hold system. This must be why some people got the phone already.

You guys need to calm down and stop ruining this thread by complaining about your preorder. "OMG I searched my confirmation number and it still says awaiting availability..." Of course you are awaiting availability, because it isn't available yet. If you ordered it, it will come. Stop complaining about it and wait like everyone else. Congrats to people who got it already.

I was at BJ's wholesale club last night and they had a dummy phone of the incredible. So naturally I picked it up and was checkin' it out, holding it and whatnot and I have a few questions/comments.

Are the dummy phones weighted to official specs? Reason I am asking is because this thing felt heavy! They had dummy units of the storm, eris, pretty much all the phones and I picked them all up and the storm felt lighter. :eek: :confused: That dummy phone def. felt heavier than a 3gs (and I know the incredible is lighter than a 3gs). That was disappointing, but I am assuming the dummy phones are weighted to official specs..

I picked up the eris dummy phone and IMHO the eris felt nicer to hold in your hand (regarding the back cover). You noticed the ridges on the incredible, but didn't really think about them. I think the smooth back would have been better, but the ridges weren't a big deal. I just thought the smooth back of the eris was a little nicer in your hand. The phone was not turned on (obviously) and didn't work or anything, it was a dummy, but I thought I'd just share some info.

All in all the phone seemed cool (physical aspect-wise). I am excited to play around with an activated one. If anyone could chime in on the dummy phone question, that'd be great.

You guys need to calm down and stop ruining this thread by complaining about your preorder. "OMG I searched my confirmation number and it still says awaiting availability..." Of course you are awaiting availability, because it isn't available yet. If you ordered it, it will come. Stop complaining about it and wait like everyone else. Congrats to people who got it already.
Seriously! This is turning into a stream of teeth gnashing, whining and wailing about the simple task of pre-ordering a phone. We need to get back to INCREDIBLE news, something like "The World As We Know It Ended Today! Film at Eleven!"

I was at BJ's wholesale club last night and they had a dummy phone of the incredible. So naturally I picked it up and was checkin' it out, holding it and whatnot and I have a few questions/comments.

Are the dummy phones weighted to official specs? Reason I am asking is because this thing felt heavy! They had dummy units of the storm, eris, pretty much all the phones and I picked them all up and the storm felt lighter. :eek: :confused: That dummy phone def. felt heavier than a 3gs (and I know the incredible is lighter than a 3gs). That was disappointing, but I am assuming the dummy phones are weighted to official specs..

Eris - 4.23 ounces
Incredible - 4.60 ounces
iPhone 3GS - 4.76 ounces
Storm - 5.50 ounces (average, depends on which model)

Sounds like you have some weight-perception issues. :cool:

Eris - 4.23 ounces
Incredible - 4.60 ounces
iPhone 3GS - 4.76 ounces
Storm - 5.50 ounces (average, depending on which model)

Sounds like you have some weight-perception issues. :cool:

Thanks for answering my question.. :rolleyes::cool:

I know the specs, I am asking if the dummy (fake) phones are weighted to the actual phones official specifications.

Thanks for the specs tho :cool:

I picked up the eris dummy phone and IMHO the eris felt nicer to hold in your hand (regarding the back cover). You noticed the ridges on the incredible, but didn't really think about them. I think the smooth back would have been better, but the ridges weren't a big deal. I just thought the smooth back of the eris was a little nicer in your hand. The phone was not turned on (obviously) and didn't work or anything, it was a dummy, but I thought I'd just share some info.

All in all the phone seemed cool (physical aspect-wise). I am excited to play around with an activated one. If anyone could chime in on the dummy phone question, that'd be great.
Interesting observation about the weight and those ridges on the back. I was wondering about that "stepped" feel. Sounds like a decision to be made upon arrival of DI as to whether or not it should be rounded off with a cool cover.

Who cares if the dummy phone is, for some odd reason, weighted different? You're buying the actual phone, which is the 2nd lightest of the four phones you mentioned.

Interesting observation about the weight and those ridges on the back. I was wondering about that "stepped" feel. Sounds like a decision to be made upon arrival of DI as to whether or not it should be rounded off with a cool cover.

I wouldn't say the ridges were bad by any means. I felt them and knew they were there, but I didn't really care either way. The thing that jumped out at my was the weight. This thing felt like an effing paper-weight. I was like wtf. I KNOW THE SPECS, so I am assuming the dummy phones are not weighted to official specs (probably not made with official materials either), but IF THEY ARE weighted to official specs then the weight is mis-leading. I TOTALLY hope they are NOT weighted to official specs.

I wouldn't say the ridges were bad by any means. I felt them and knew they were there, but I didn't really care either way. The thing that jumped out at my was the weight. This thing felt like an effing paper-weight. I was like wtf. I KNOW THE SPECS, so I am assuming the dummy phones are not weighted to official specs (probably not made with official materials either), but IF THEY ARE weighted to official specs then the weight is mis-leading. I TOTALLY hope they are NOT weighted to official specs.
Now you got me wondering. Hmm, how does one find out who makes these dummy phones or how much they weigh. I would think it would be the same people that provide the exterior cases for HTC, right? Good test for Googling...

Who cares if the dummy phone is, for some odd reason, weighted different? You're buying the actual phone, which is the 2nd lightest of the four phones you mentioned.

You're missing the effing point!

The official numbers don't mean shit. I don't care if it says it weighs 1 oz. If it FEELS like it weighs 10 then that sucks.

The reason about the dummy phone is because IF IT IS weighted to official specs it feels heavier than I thought. I don't personally like that. I am not putting the phone down, just my own opinion.

If the dummy phone IS NOT weighted to official specs then I don't have to worry and have something to look forward to.

The numbers are pointless to me (when it comes to physical aspects) its how it feels in hand/pocket and how it looks.

Now you got me wondering. Hmm, how does one find out who makes these dummy phones or how much they weigh. I would think it would be the same people that provide the exterior cases for HTC, right? Good test for Googling...

I have been googling/surfing the web, checking around. I can't really find any info.

The info I have found has said they have NO internal components and are made of cheap recycled materials (just found this info) so I am assuming the fill them with shit to make them solid or the materials used are heavier than normal materials and whatnot.

Just found this on website that sells dummy cell phones..."The HTC HERO dummy phone is designed with closet resemblance to the original one - weight, dimension, colour, keypad, etc. It is perfect for showroom display and also an economic way to demonstrate the fit and feel of a handset." http://www.ioffer.com/i/HTC-TOUCH-H...20711243?source=eisi&sq=dummy+HTC+cell+phones

Sweet, I was hoping you'd chime in :D I figured if anyone had a good idea about it, it'd be you. Thanks man.

The Incredible is definitely not a "heavy" feeling device. So until you can hold an actual device I wouldn't worry about the weight :cool:

Just found this on website that sells dummy cell phones..."The HTC HERO dummy phone is designed with closet resemblance to the original one - weight, dimension, colour, keypad, etc. It is perfect for showroom display and also an economic way to demonstrate the fit and feel of a handset."

Hmm, the info I read was from a former cell phone company manager. He said the phones are cheap, fake plastic with NO internal components, etc.
I am sure multiple companies make dummy phones so maybe there dummy phone is. OR they could be saying that to get you to buy it, whether it is or isn't. They sell dummy phones for a lot of money, it's kinda ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom