• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i checked my order # online, and my order still shows that its awaiting approval or phone availability....

then i logged into my account and the website will let me go all the way throught the upgrade / pre order process and i get to the very last step of submit order....

so now im wondering if my first order really even went through....

so im half tempted to press the Submit Order again and see what i get....:confused:

I thought the same thing. I wish Verizon was open now. I would call them and ask! If they mess this up, I want my original place back in line. How do you just lose and order with an order number and email confirmation???? I have never known Verizon to suck this hard EVER!

I thought the same thing. I wish Verizon was open now. I would call them and ask! If they mess this up, I want my original place back in line. How do you just lose and order with an order number and email confirmation???? I have never known Verizon to suck this hard EVER!

did you ever get the email confirmation and an order #?

YES! Did anyone who lost their order have an order # and confirmation email?

I'm in the same boat as most of you guys... I ordered on the 18th and have a order# and all. I check today and it still says my order is being process but I can upgrade my phone again. This is soo confusing. I would think that verizon could handle a small pre-order. I'm pretty sure Halo 3 got way more preorder than the DI.

I'm in the same boat as most of you guys... I ordered on the 18th and have a order# and all. I check today and it still says my order is being process but I can upgrade my phone again. This is soo confusing. I would think that verizon could handle a small pre-order. I'm pretty sure Halo 3 got way more preorder than the DI.

Maybe because these orders are either locked down so tight...or they were released and shipped. IDK. I will be calling on my way into work tomorrow!

YES! Did anyone who lost their order have an order # and confirmation email?

I am not sure wether mine is completely lost or not, but I am having the same issues as the others. Yes, I did get a confirmation email and order number. Timestamp of confirmation email:
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 11:10 PM

I am in the Central timezone, about 7 miles from the change to the Mountain timezone. I also have the statement about taxes being applied when the item ships. If they canceled this without notification I will be pissed. I am also in an area that would be without Verizon had they not bought out Alltel. Since then they have only had incompetence in this area.

What's the consensus here? I ordered, got confirmation email and order # and had gone to my VZ just to check and sure enough I could not upgrade as there was a pending order for new equipment. Tonight I could do the whole process over again from the upgrade page. Should I order agan?

When I check my order status, nothing has changed. I only made the decision to look into (and then order) this new phone on 4/20. I joined this forum that day only to find out about the shennanigans that took place only a day or two earlier.

It's karma, I tell ya.

Has anyone provided any real evidence their order was cancelled besides "my phone's not greyed out" etc?

What's the consensus here? I ordered, got confirmation email and order # and had gone to my VZ just to check and sure enough I could not upgrade as there was a pending order for new equipment. Tonight I could do the whole process over again from the upgrade page. Should I order agan?

| say no unless you want 2 phones. 1 guy says he had a problem. Maybe he did maybe he didn't but what if it was to get us all riled up. Call your csr tomorrow,monday,or tuesday. I plan on waiting till tuesday if it does not change status wise I will call in.

| say no unless you want 2 phones. 1 guy says he had a problem. Maybe he did maybe he didn't but what if it was to get us all riled up. Call your csr tomorrow,monday,or tuesday. I plan on waiting till tuesday if it does not change status wise I will call in.

Probably right, I'm on the West Coast so hopefully by the time I get up the East Coasters will have an answer.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but what have you guys been told regarding official ship-date? I called a CSR the day I ordered the phone after reading about all the craziness on here. She said it would ship on the 27th, then the 29th, then said I would have it on the 29th. I'm not freaking out, just trying to see what day I should hang around waiting for FedEx.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but what have you guys been told regarding official ship-date? I called a CSR the day I ordered the phone after reading about all the craziness on here. She said it would ship on the 27th, then the 29th, then said I would have it on the 29th. I'm not freaking out, just trying to see what day I should hang around waiting for FedEx.
You will get a tracking number when it ships, don't worry; you'll know when to "hang around."

So I had traded a few emails with Verizon CS about an early upgrade (they bumped my NE2 up). So after that happened I said "thanks! I preordered the Incredible". Then later I wrote back and said "when do you think the phone will ship?" and here's what I got back... [mind you I also opted for overnight shipping]

"Your Incredible should be shipped on the 29th and you should receive the device in 2 business days. You may receive the device the 30th based on the amount of orders processed that day, but I will set your expectations for 2 business days from order."

Sounds like some shit to me. So I preordered the phone well in advance only to get it 2 days later than everyone who walks in to a retail store on the 29th?? Let's just hope "Kenyetta" my friendly Verizon service rep is just clueless as to what's going on.

6 days left guys, that's LESS than a week!!! :cool:

Hope everyone is having happy dreams of their Incredibles!!!
sleepy-emoticon.gif

Soon it'll be FIVE more days!!!!! :)

can you use yahoo and aol mail on the incredibe?

i pre ordered one and convinced my mom to do so too. she just needs to know if it supports aol and yahoo mail.

sorry for re-posting just really need to know and help is much appreciated. thanks in advance

Yes, I have the Eris and I have no problem with my AOL acct. & my other Gmail acct.

NEW 16GB TF Memory Card Micro SD SDHC MicroSDHC MicroSD - eBay (item 220593336875 end time Apr-22-10 23:29:16 PDT)

Hey anyone look at the unbranded micro sd cards? It doesn't have a class number so i am guessing is probably like a class 2 ...what do you guys think? I seeing many sold for under $30.
I dunno.... if it's only a class-2??

I think I'd just get a couple of 8GB class-6 Transcends for $20 bucks apiece. If I'm recording video to my card, I don't want the card's write speed to end up being a performance bottleneck.

I sure don't feel like paying 3 to 5 times as much as that for a 16GB class-6 card. :o (or $94 bucks for that Kingston 16gig class-10 - ouch!)

You guys all need to relax. You made an order, and you got an order confirmation email ( as did I ). The website said on nearly all the pages that the phone would ship on the 28th for arrival on the 29th - if it hasn't shipped yet, then how could there be a tracking number, etc.? That's why you can't get one, and hence the message of phone availability when you check ( they don't mean that it's sold out, they mean it's not technically available yet ).

It also said that the credit card would not be charged until it shipped - which is why nobody is seeing any activity on their card's account yet.

If the 29th comes and no phone, ... THEN ask a question. Until then, how about giving Verizon some credit. I wouldn't worry about it being sold out though. Nearly nobody outside of these forums knows about it that I've talked to and, honestly, most people don't really care.

Just sayin'.

After reading that a few of you have called verizon CS due to problems with your preorder status i decided to see if my preorder was still accounted for... it wasnt... so i decided to make a call to verizon. i told this guy the situation, he looked it up and saw that my order didnt get through. so he called the warehouse and they had said that they didnt have my order on file. He called me back and told me about it so we went through the pre order process again online. He then called the warehouse again and they said they received the pending order. He also said he would call me on monday to confirm that my order was still good to go. I must say this was the coolest CSR ive ever talked to. it turns out he also really wants this phone and so we were talking about it for a while and we got to talking about the black-red gradient case and he said he'd order one for me. Its crazy how a nice CSR can really make your day!
OH, and i also realized the difference between my first pre order (4/18) and this pre order was that on the first one i wasnt charged tax, on this one i was. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Ughhh!!! I was trying to be 'grown' about this pre-order situation and not call a MAJOR NATIONAL COMPANY to see if my lil' ole pre-order is in there system.... Why do we have to babysit our pre-orders????? Like seriously Verizon is acting like they have never released an anticipated device before!!!!

*Sorry for the rant!!!! I actually went out tonight and it's really hard to type & read with alcohol induced vertigo.... I'm not gonna be happy in the morning................. >_<

You guys all need to relax. You made an order, and you got an order confirmation email ( as did I ). The website said on nearly all the pages that the phone would ship on the 28th for arrival on the 29th - if it hasn't shipped yet, then how could there be a tracking number, etc.? That's why you can't get one, and hence the message of phone availability when you check ( they don't mean that it's sold out, they mean it's not technically available yet ).

It also said that the credit card would not be charged until it shipped - which is why nobody is seeing any activity on their card's account yet.

If the 29th comes and no phone, ... THEN ask a question. Until then, how about giving Verizon some credit. I wouldn't worry about it being sold out though. Nearly nobody outside of these forums knows about it that I've talked to and, honestly, most people don't really care.

Just sayin'.
Exactly.

Patience, young padawan. ;)

When you can catch the fly with your chopsticks....

...that is when your phone will arrive.

:cool:

Don't worry you guys! Just give them a call haha. I noticed when I logged on My Verizon, I noticed that instead of saying "A new phone has been ordered for your account," it showed that I can be eligible for an upgrade which is the same dilemma everyone is going through.

But I called the number provided in the email, CSR 866-338-7390, the same day and right when I mentioned the status of my preordered phone, she knew right away I preordered the Droid Incredible and said my order was still intact and that my order will be processed on the 27th. This was for me though even tho My Verizon says otherwise. Hope this helps!

Does that come with a man-purse? Maybe some tape for your glasses? Do people really wear their phones in HOLSTERS on their belts anymore?

Not judging just asking about the holster thing...........

Yes, there are a few of us that actually use the holster. I use a Seidio Innocase+holster for my POS Storm right now, and I also have one for my 8330 from work. There are a bunch of folks that use these devices that aren't still in high school! ;)

Also, there are many professionals that use these devices and that is a 'professional' way of wearing the device. I speak from a small level of experience on this.

I tried it several ways, and the holster is my first choice, and I will be getting one for the Incredible as well. I prefer it this way instead of slipping it into my pocket. I've seen too many friends damage/destroy their phones like that, or get lint/dust/dirt in the phone from pocket storage.

It's all about personal preference! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom