• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My VZW shows that my phone is still eligible for an upgrade. However, I never checked to see if it didn't right after I ordered. The good news is that my order number still shows the same waiting message.

Mine does the same thing, however, when I tried to go through the upgrade process again, it stopped me and said "Our system shows you have already purchased a device, yada yada yada". I think you're ok.:D

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but business pre-orders are now being accepted. NO mail in rebate, the discount is automatic plus another %%% for ordering online. :)

Just spoke to a internet sales rep and she confirmed that since they have a lot of orders, the phones will start shipping out on the 26th/27th and thats when the generic order status will change....

You're missing the effing point!

The official numbers don't mean shit. I don't care if it says it weighs 1 oz. If it FEELS like it weighs 10 then that sucks.

The reason about the dummy phone is because IF IT IS weighted to official specs it feels heavier than I thought. I don't personally like that. I am not putting the phone down, just my own opinion.

If the dummy phone IS NOT weighted to official specs then I don't have to worry and have something to look forward to.

The numbers are pointless to me (when it comes to physical aspects) its how it feels in hand/pocket and how it looks.

wow, people need to settle and stop nerd raging. it's a silly phone. sheesh...

I saw a post a few pages back asking for this item again. Here it is...

Call *611 from your current Verizon phone, select option 4, then select option 0 and talk to the CSR to place the order.

Enjoy everyone! :)

Snap On Cover (Hard)
Black w/ Red Gradient - VZW6300COVRDG
4541547720_8ab22109b0_m.jpg

For those of you that have already received their phones, how has the screen fared so far? One reviewer mentioned that by the end of their time with the phone the screen had already accumulated a scratch. I just want to know if I should by the VZW 3-pack or wait for the Steinheil(sp?).

And as for the missing order scare, I think everyone should wait and see on this one. If the the morning of the 28th comes and there is still no charge to your card that would probably be the time to call in and check on it. That way if the order did mysteriously disappear, there is still time to pre-order for a 29th delivery.

Happy Friday all!

I saw a post a few pages back asking for this item again. Here it is...

Call *611 from your current Verizon phone, select option 4, then select option 0 and talk to the CSR to place the order.

Enjoy everyone! :)

Snap On Cover (Hard)
Black w/ Red Gradient - VZW6300COVRDG
4541547720_8ab22109b0_m.jpg

This cover doesn't have a belt clip does it?

Is it just me or is it extremely annoying when reviewers call this the best Android smartphone or the best smartphone on Verizon? Why can't they compare it to all smartphones?

That's like saying the Patriots are the best team in the division. It's true, but they're not going for they division title. They are going for the Superbowl. Is it because it's that blasphemous to compare to the almighty iFone? Just seems like shortchanging the Incredible.

Geez, what a spectrum of results... some people getting the phone over a week early, some still don't show any sign in the system of their pre-orders and may even end up getting the thing the following week.

It was my distrust of Vzw's online capabilities coupled w/ the need to be home for FedEx signature that persuaded me to just p/u one of the babies in the store on the 29th. Looks like that was a solid move now.

After reading that a few of you have called verizon CS due to problems with your preorder status i decided to see if my preorder was still accounted for... it wasnt... so i decided to make a call to verizon. i told this guy the situation, he looked it up and saw that my order didnt get through. so he called the warehouse and they had said that they didnt have my order on file. He called me back and told me about it so we went through the pre order process again online. He then called the warehouse again and they said they received the pending order. He also said he would call me on monday to confirm that my order was still good to go. I must say this was the coolest CSR ive ever talked to. it turns out he also really wants this phone and so we were talking about it for a while and we got to talking about the black-red gradient case and he said he'd order one for me. Its crazy how a nice CSR can really make your day!
OH, and i also realized the difference between my first pre order (4/18) and this pre order was that on the first one i wasnt charged tax, on this one i was. HOPE THIS HELPS!

All of you folks that are bashing others for questioning their order status need to understand that this actually did happen to someone on this thread and there are several of us that has the same results when we checked the system and called Customer Service...

For those of you that have already received their phones, how has the screen fared so far? One reviewer mentioned that by the end of their time with the phone the screen had already accumulated a scratch. I just want to know if I should by the VZW 3-pack or wait for the Steinheil(sp?).

And as for the missing order scare, I think everyone should wait and see on this one. If the the morning of the 28th comes and there is still no charge to your card that would probably be the time to call in and check on it. That way if the order did mysteriously disappear, there is still time to pre-order for a 29th delivery.

Happy Friday all!

The fact that you are posting in an internet forum about a phone before it is even released indicates that the phone will probably mean a lot to you, and scratching it would really make you upset.

So get the 3 pack of screens right away and wait until the reports are in about quality screens are out and tested. It's what I'm doing.

Looks like that was a solid move now.

Why is that?

Some people got theirs early? Big deal.

Other people freaked themselves out thinking their orders were cancelled when they were not? Okay....

Everyone will be receiving theirs on the 29th as promised...

I hope you get to your verizon store early because there is chance stores will have limited quantites of phones.

i'm convinced it was a solid move to pre-order and have the phone shipped to my office

Got my cover orderdered also, worked just like people said, just give the CSR the VZW6300COVRDG and you get the black and red gradient cover for 24.99

Also, they said my pre-order was fine so I should get the phone soon.

6 Days left!!!!!!

Not to send out anymore red flags but I emailed verizon CS about the unknown status of our (online) preordered phones and this was the email response I received today.
------------------------------
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

***Pre-orders will ship when the item becomes available and payment will be taken at that time. A email will be sent when your order is completed and the status of your order will also change. You will receive the phone and since you placed your order earlier, hopefully yours will be shipped the first day. I can not assure you it will be that day as I have no way of knowing how many pre-orders have been place.

We reserve the right to limit quantities. Customer signature is required at the time of delivery. You cannot change your shipping address after you submit the order. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order or if the item is out of stock or no longer available.

For questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or call 866-338-7390 Monday-Friday 8am-9pm or Saturday 8am-5pm EST.

Thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. We appreciate your business.
Order Processing Team
----------------------------------

Notice how is states " You will receive the phone and since you placed your order earlier, hopefully yours will be shipped the first day. I can not assure you it will be that day as I have no way of knowing how many pre-orders have been place." Hopefully it's just an automated response. If not, man did verizon hit us with the old bait and switch.

Can anyone tell me how to find where the "Click to Chat" button is? I didn't see it in the support or contact us sections. Thanks! Wanna check on my order - all of a sudden my account info isn't "available". Hmmm.

It won't be hard to get one in stores if they don't advertise the phone ahead of schedule. They just lost out on a big audience of 31 plus million people last night. When they went with the droid does commercials.

Well, I think I am going to return my Moto Droid tomorrow. I wanted to like it but it is just to heavy and bulky for comfort. I will definitely be pre ordering the Incredible though.

On a side note, I took off the rubberized case I bought with the phone and the screen is now loose. I read about this happening so I am not too surprised. If I wasn't returning it I would be super pissed.

I too am returning my Droid Today. I love the phone but it is too heavy and bulky. I am also noticing that the screen is getting lose :confused:

I can't wait until THURSDAY :D :D

I just called Verizon (*611) and talked to an operator. She relayed my order number to the internet sales department and returned back to me telling me that I will be receiving my phone on the 27th or 28th. I asked her again to make sure that i would be RECEIVING my phone the 27th or 28th and she said yes, and that i will be receiving an email with shipment info as well.

This is so weird to me. I figure it ships the 27th or 28th and she just didn't understand the internet sales person.

I know this has been asked before, but I don't recall a response -

Has anyone actually seen the extended battery and battery cover? Verizon's pic, in the launch guide, seems to be the same as the standard battery and cover. I'm wondering if the Incredible cases will still fit with the extended battery cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom