• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to PM me a 50% code for Zagg, I'd appreciate it. :)

I've got a bunch of multi-use 20% codes, but all the 50% are single-use.

Geez, what a spectrum of results... some people getting the phone over a week early, some still don't show any sign in the system of their pre-orders and may even end up getting the thing the following week.

It was my distrust of Vzw's online capabilities coupled w/ the need to be home for FedEx signature that persuaded me to just p/u one of the babies in the store on the 29th. Looks like that was a solid move now.

Ahhh, I found another friend here :) I know I keep harping on this point in the other threads, but it just seems there's waaayyy too much going on that I knew from Day 1 of pre-order it's just not worth it. Again, those that walk in their store next Thurs at 9am will have their phones in hand and walking out before 10am and before 99% of any FedEx pre-orders.

I just find it hilarious IMO... But to each his own! The only "advantage" I see is not having to send in the rebate. Big whoop. Whether the price is $199 now or $299 + $100 rebate, in about 4-5 weeks, everyone just paid the exact same price :cool:

First post! lol. But just to confirm. I called customer service a minute ago who couldn't find my order in their system, so they connected me to Internet Sales. Internet Sales was able to find the order and assured me everything was fine and that nothing will show up until they are actually ready to ship out a few days before the 29th. So as long as you got a confirmation number, you'll be fine. If there is a problem or anything, they WILL contact you a few days prior so they can get the phone out to you ASAP. :D

First post! lol. But just to confirm. I called customer service a minute ago who couldn't find my order in their system, so they connected me to Internet Sales. Internet Sales was able to find the order and assured me everything was fine and that nothing will show up until they are actually ready to ship out a few days before the 29th. So as long as you got a confirmation number, you'll be fine. If there is a problem or anything, they WILL contact you a few days prior so they can get the phone out to you ASAP. :D
Yes, everyone keeps re-hashing the pre-order topic. The internet folks have stated that:
1. All pre-orders are on hold for now
2. VZW will release the pre-orders for processing on 4/26 & 4/27
3. The orders will then be shipped so that they are delivered to your house on 4/29

The only caveat is that if the volume of orders exceeds a certain number, some later orders may be delivered on 4/30.

To give a tangible example of the weight of the incredible for those of you worried about it. The phone weighs in at 4.6oz which is approx 130.1 grams. A nestle crunch bar weighs in at 1.55oz or approx 43.9 grams. So to get a feel for the weight, just go to the store and hold 3 nestle crunch bars which have a combined weigh approx 4.65oz and just consider the extra .05oz the weight of an sd-card or screen protector or whatever.

Geez, what a spectrum of results... some people getting the phone over a week early, some still don't show any sign in the system of their pre-orders and may even end up getting the thing the following week.

It was my distrust of Vzw's online capabilities coupled w/ the need to be home for FedEx signature that persuaded me to just p/u one of the babies in the store on the 29th. Looks like that was a solid move now.

I just spoke to a friend that works at a local VZW store in NJ and they said that each store is only getting 10 units. FYI. Order it online...

To give a real world example of the weight of the incredible for those of you worried about it. The phone weighs in at 4.6oz which is approx 130.1 grams. A nestle crunch bar weighs in at 1.55oz or approx 43.9 grams. So to get a feel for the weight, just go to the store and hold 3 nestle crunch bars which have a combined weigh approx 4.65oz and just consider the extra .05oz the weight of an sd-card or screen protector or whatever.

BAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH... people are going nuts

After initially seeing and hearing about the back of the phone, my mind immediately went to Seinfeld. I dont know why I didnt post this sooner, but is anyone else reminded of Kramer's "levels" idea when talking about the back cover? Looks like HTC and VZW finally got it done.

I love it.

YouTube - Cosmo Kramer invention #3

I just spoke to a friend that works at a local VZW store in NJ and they said that each store is only getting 10 units. FYI. Order it online...
I'd imagine it's not as straightforward as that. The units will be distributed to each store based on traffic/sales. They're more likely to sell a phone in NYC than they are in Kalamazoo, MI.

Maybe your friend meant each store in the region?

I thought i read in the past that you were going to sprint for the evo???
Change your mind???

True, I don't know why I'm so on edge about this.

/bangs head off wall. Anyone know when VZW stores are getting activated units in? 29th?

I'm not caught up, so maybe this was answered already. Some people have already seen them in-store. I'm going today in hopes I can see it live! :)

Yes, everyone keeps re-hashing the pre-order topic. The internet folks have stated that:
1. All pre-orders are on hold for now
2. VZW will release the pre-orders for processing on 4/26 & 4/27
3. The orders will then be shipped so that they are delivered to your house on 4/29

The only caveat is that if the volume of orders exceeds a certain number, some later orders may be delivered on 4/30.
it appears to load as slow as things did in 1994 too ;)

After initially seeing and hearing about the back of the phone, my mind immediately went to Seinfeld. I dont know why I didnt post this sooner, but is anyone else reminded of Kramer's "levels" idea when talking about the back cover? Looks like HTC and VZW finally got it done.

I love it.

I love the pinky swear at the end!

I just find it hilarious IMO... But to each his own! The only "advantage" I see is not having to send in the rebate. Big whoop. Whether the price is $199 now or $299 + $100 rebate, in about 4-5 weeks, everyone just paid the exact same price :cool:

And then there are those of us who will wait for a week or two after the release and get it for $99 on Amazon or Wirefly.

Hmm... So I tried to preorder the other day and I didnt have much luck. I was under the impression that if I'm buying a new phone without an upgrade, i'd need to pay the price of the phone with a new 2 year contract. The verizon website is telling me I need to pay the full retail on the phone (just about $600) and doesnt give me contract options.

Guess I have to wait to order at the store.

Hmm... So I tried to preorder the other day and I didnt have much luck. I was under the impression that if I'm buying a new phone without an upgrade, i'd need to pay the price of the phone with a new 2 year contract. The verizon website is telling me I need to pay the full retail on the phone (just about $600) and doesnt give me contract options.

Guess I have to wait to order at the store.

You only qualify for a yearly upgrade if your plan is $49.95 or higher. You will have to get them to move your upgrade date to get the $199 price or you will have to pay full retail.

You only qualify for a yearly upgrade if your plan is $49.95 or higher. You will have to get them to move your upgrade date to get the $199 price or you will have to pay full retail.

argh... okay. thanks for the information. my upgrade isnt for a few months... wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom