• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, HECK YEAH! I want it yesterday! LOL! :D I just know that I don't have a right to be annoyed about it yet since I know it wasn't promised for another week yet (ugh...7 days...this will be a rare occasion where I actually want the weekend to go fast!)

I'm hoping that they've got so many orders that they have no choice but to start shipping early to fill them all to ship by the 28th. If they do start Monday I should have a good chance to get it a little early since I put my order in at 11:30 Sunday night so I should be in line to be one of the first wave.

But you are right we have no right to be annoyed. Some people were lucky unfortunately we weren't.

how many apps will be too much and slow down the phone? i'm going to want to download like 50 apps/games right away. will that slow the phone down at all if all the apps are by known developers and there quality apps? i don't know how to put it lol (not harmful/poorly made apps)?
It really depends on how big the apps are and will you be storing them on internal or external memory?

no questions are dumb! We do get a lot of repeats, but its inevitable and not a big deal. No, you do not have to have a memory card to download apps. The Incredible has 8gb (6.6gb we can use) internal memory for this very reason. Buying an additional microSD card would just be if you needed the extra space for things like media.

There has been a great deal of talk about where you can download the apps. One of the reviews stated that it was only the third-party apps that were unable to 'see' the on-board storage. It looks like standard apps should be ok. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong?:o

My contribution to useless posts...

Just called Customer Service and got a nice gentleman on the other end. I played the "uninformed" card asking about devices and plans, basically trying to probe for DI info. The guy says we have this new phone coming out on April 30 called the ....wait for it....and I quote "HVC Intensity". I say oooooh...tell me more and the phone call drops...intentionally? :eek:

My contribution to useless posts...

Just called Customer Service and got a nice gentleman on the other end. I played the "uninformed" card asking about devices and plans, basically trying to probe for DI info. The guy says we have this new phone coming out on April 30 called the ....wait for it....and I quote "HVC Intensity". I say oooooh...tell me more and the phone call drops...intentionally? :eek:
HVC Intensity maybe it was because he doesn't live in this country and its a pronunciation error.

Well, I just got back from Prudential Arena and the horrid blowout at the Devils game.

There were a few good moments.

Verizon is a HUGE sponsor there, so I FINALLY got to lay my hands on an HTC Droid Incredible.

All I have to say is WOW, even with tons of apps open from previous users, it was blazing fast. Screen is gorgeous, it has a nice solid "heft" to it, feels solidly built. The "topographic" back, which i was worried that i'd dislike, really feels nice in hand.

Its not quite as hefty as my Touch Pro 2, but it sure feels as well built.

The other bonus for the night was a freebie Devils / HTC / Verizon T-shirt!
IMAG0274.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg

I'm curious too if these are worth at least for the first week or so just to have something on until the "good" stuff comes out???

That is exactly what I did. These will go on immediately, and when I get a chance I can order Steinheil (have to order them form other things, too. But I do not know what other things yet) protectors and an otterbox or seidio case.

-Nkk

To get prepared for my Incredible I ordered a car charger and cables from Monoprice.

I recieved this package today. and although the outside USPS package did not look too bad the contents were broken.
All the cables are fine but both car chargers are broken in half:

3523 Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - Black 2 $1.12 $2.24

Both were broken.

One is shattered and completly broken into two pieces right in the middle (not down a splice).

The other is broken on the end where it plugs into the lighter and a spring is hanging out.

Both are still sealed in the packages.

I have requested replacements. We will see how that works out.

Well, I just got back from Prudential Arena and the horrid blowout at the Devils game.

There were a few good moments.

Verizon is a HUGE sponsor there, so I FINALLY got to lay my hands on an HTC Droid Incredible.

All I have to say is WOW, even with tons of apps open from previous users, it was blazing fast. Screen is gorgeous, it has a nice solid "heft" to it, feels solidly built. The "topographic" back, which i was worried that i'd dislike, really feels nice in hand.

Its not quite as hefty as my Touch Pro 2, but it sure feels as well built.

The other bonus for the night was a freebie Devils / HTC / Verizon T-shirt!
View attachment 3449
View attachment 3450

Too bad they got roflstomped by the Flyers tonight! See ya Devils! lol

On April 29th I forsee a LG Dare appearing on eBay. Maybe I should post it from my Incredible. ha My Dare has been an extremely reliable phone (it might get rebooted once every 4 or 5 months if that) but just no fun stuff on it. Soon I will be able to fill my Incredible with all kinds of stupid apps (FartDroid, Ak-47, many worthless soundboards, haha).

I just chekced the upgrade eligibility on my online account again. And now it doesnt have the grayed out information either. WTH is going on?!?!

I checked after reading your post and my pre-order status is gone. They gave me my NE2 back and I could buy another phone online or pre-order another DI if I did not hit cancel. I ordered online on the 18th around 1130 pm est. After that the primary line showed a pic of my existing phone as usual but it was grayed out with a comment to the right that there was recent activity on my account and I had pre-ordered a phone. Now this is GONE!!! When I check the status of my order I get the same message that it is pending approval/availabilty.

I think I will just give $50 deposit to my verizon store as they are pre-ordering 10 DI and I will have it at 9AM and just have to do the mail in rebate.

This is getting rediculous and I forsee major issues and lots of complaints from people who will not get the pre-oredrs on the 29th :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom