• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also got the black silicone one. (Red for me, and black for my hubby)

Do you mind posting a few real-life pictures of this one when you get a chance, please? Does it have the diamond-like pattern on the back with "HTC"?
Thanks.

Verizon just ran their first commercial of the night during the NFL draft. They pushed SKYPE for international calls, the android platform, and the Droid name but not attached to any particular phone. I have a feeling we may see the first Incredible commercial tonight.:)

Was that on ESPN or NFL Network?

Yes and no. Remember that phones like the droid store the third-party apps you buy in the ROM. Therefor, the ROM can be written in normal operating mode. My WinMo phone stores apps, contacts, calendar data, most everything in the ROM. So, there are ROMs that must be programmed all at once while in a special mode, and some that act more like NVRAM. I'd be curious to see the data sheet on the chip that provides the 512MB ROM in the phone.

Folks, the "rom" on these phone devices is not read only memory. There are two memory chip types on these devices- memory for operations and memory for storage purposes. You all are getting hung up on the misleading term of "rom".

Misleading in these phone descriptions, at least.

so is it safe to assume that the incredibles "8 gb" internal memory can be expanded to 24 gb with the installation of a 16gb minisd card?

More like a little under 22gb, since 6.6 free internally and the 16gb card. If they fix the internal memory access issue for apps, you could use microsd cards just for media and any external app data or game roms (for emulators) could be stored in the 6.6gb of free internal flash and still have room in there for pictures and camcorder vids :)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to have a memory card to download apps for the incredible?

I ordered my Incredible online Tues. night. When I was checking the order status (about every 15 min), I would get the same thing everyone else was getting, "waiting for phone availability". Now when I check it, I get nothing and it says I put the info into the status page incorrectly.
I sent an email to the internet sales contact folks asking about it. I hope they haven't "lost" the order.

I just got this case in the mail today, and it's great! It's a hard 2 piece case, that has a soft rubbery feel to it (at least the red one does.) We also got the black silicone one. (Red for me, and black for my hubby)
I thought black was post-launch. :confused:

I ordered my Incredible online Tues. night. When I was checking the order status (about every 15 min), I would get the same thing everyone else was getting, "waiting for phone availability". Now when I check it, I get nothing and it says I put the info into the status page incorrectly.
I sent an email to the internet sales contact folks asking about it. I hope they haven't "lost" the order.

chill out, buddy.

I'm sure nothing happened to your order in the 10 minutes the tracking system went down.

Go out and grab a beer or something :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have to have a memory card to download apps for the incredible?

no questions are dumb! We do get a lot of repeats, but its inevitable and not a big deal. No, you do not have to have a memory card to download apps. The Incredible has 8gb (6.6gb we can use) internal memory for this very reason. Buying an additional microSD card would just be if you needed the extra space for things like media.

no questions are dumb! We do get a lot of repeats, but its inevitable and not a big deal. No, you do not have to have a memory card to download apps. The Incredible has 8gb (6.6gb we can use) internal memory for this very reason. Buying an additional microSD card would just be if you needed the extra space for things like media.

I also like the external card for backups. The Android backup app I use is MyBackup Pro. Sprite also have an Android verison of there backup software.

I have been so frustrated with the Verizon corporate store not having any information about the Incredible, even after the announcement. I know I already wrote about the manager telling me he wasn't even sure if the phone would be out on the 29th and this was on the 19th. He put my name on a sticky note. BAH. So, yesterday I wrote Verizon. It was your basic, "I'm a long time customer. I want the Incredible. I'm not getting good service. What should I do?" letter. Well, I just spent the last ten minutes talking with a guy from Verizon. who called and said, "I just got your email..." He was very sweet. Now, I am not getting my phone early, which would have been really sweet, but he did recommend that I pre order on line. He was pretty convincing that I would get the phone on the 29th if not before and that I wouldn't have to wait in any lines or deal with anybody not knowing anything at the store. No early phone for me but great customer service. Which is ultimately why (besides great coverage) that I stay with Verizon. :)

I was copying and pasting the order # in the status page and it pasted it one space off from the beginning of the line. All of the sudden my order could not be found. Check that if it happens to anyone here.

From what I remember in the reviews some apps that store data to the MicroSD card were unable to find the on board storage. So for now, we will need a MicroSD card for these apps.

Do you mind posting a few real-life pictures of this one when you get a chance, please? Does it have the diamond-like pattern on the back with "HTC"?
Thanks.

Here are some pictures...The "HTC" isn't printed on the case, the case is fairly translucent, so it's probably from the phone. The diamond-like pattern is actually a raised texture on the inside of the case.

Case1.png
Case2.png
Case3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom