• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My syncing software finally began working again after a factory reset..arghh. But the contacts from the phone to outlook were not syncing. No error messages.

Well the HTC lady told me that any contact made in the phone that was a "google"contact would NOT sync. So any new contact MUST be a PHONE contact to sync with outlook. One after the fact workaround is to export from the google account all your contacts. SAVE them as a CSV file and import those into OUTlook with the box checked NOT to allow duplicates.

This wasted 7 hours for me.:mad: Hope it saves someone else some time.

Careful with the calendars too. There is google calendar, outlook calendar, my calendar and all calendars. DO we really need 4? Gosh software people....get a life.

Getting very impatient here. Order status still says 2-3 days. FedEx has already been and gone (having it delivered to work). I just want my new phone! Not sure if my phone is gonna last one more day :(

Side note, I don't think we'll hit 1000 pages... and I thought that was doable haha

Does anyone have the body glove case?

If so how do you like it? Does it fit too tight? Is it enough protection?

If no one has one, could someone point me in the right direction to someone that would so I can ask these pertinent questions?

I have it (ordered it a few days after I pre-ordered the phone, got both the phone and case last night).

It's very well made. Comes with a belt clip that can be removed. Also comes with a plug that can be inserted if the clip is removed. Fit is excellent and it snaps together firmly (consists of a front and back cover. Protection provided should be excellent. It's got sort of a rubber feel, but slides in and out of pockets without sticking, etc.

I haven't tested it, but I am guessing you could drop the phone on concrete and not damage it (cosmetically anyways) with this case.

The downside is that it is quite thick (especially the back plate). I would say that it adds about 1/2 of the phone in additional width if that makes sense. Plus side of this is the camera lens sits below the back cover so it will sit flush on a table with the case on.

Edit - I'll try and get a pic up tonight if you are interested.

I had my incredible for a day now its amazing. One question does anyone have a copy of the official manual on there computer they could post up.

Getting very impatient here. Order status still says 2-3 days. FedEx has already been and gone (having it delivered to work). I just want my new phone! Not sure if my phone is gonna last one more day :(

Side note, I don't think we'll hit 1000 pages... and I thought that was doable haha

I dunno I'm still optomistic that this thread can hit 1k posts.

My syncing software finally began working again after a factory reset..arghh. But the contacts from the phone to outlook were not syncing. No error messages.

Well the HTC lady told me that any contact made in the phone that was a "google"contact would NOT sync. So any new contact MUST be a PHONE contact to sync with outlook. One after the fact workaround is to export from the google account all your contacts. SAVE them as a CSV file and import those into OUTlook with the box checked NOT to allow duplicates.

This wasted 7 hours for me.:mad: Hope it saves someone else some time.

Careful with the calendars too. There is google calendar, outlook calendar, my calendar and all calendars. DO we really need 4? Gosh software people....get a life.

are you saying that there are different sets/silos of both "Contacts" and "Calendar" each on the Phone and that each will not automatically sync with both Gmail and Outlook/MS Exchange simultaneously?

HELP!!!!

I put in my SD card from my Blackberry Storm.

I had a bunch of music on it that I purchased from VZW Media thing on my BB.

The files wont play on the Incredible. Says type of file can't be played.

Any ideas what is wrong?

PM me if you have an answer please. Way to hard to keep up in this thread

All, hope I'm not hijacking the thread here. Wondering if there's a clear winning option to buy the DI... not sure what rebates/deals might be out there. Just stopped in the Verizon retail store and the basic price with their plans is reasonable. Does anyone know of any place that can beat their price? Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas about moving contacts and appointments from Palm Desktop and an old Treo 700P to Google and the Incredible?

my plan is -

CENTRO (PALMOS) TO ANDROID PIM MIGRATION

1. Backup Centro to microSD Card via BBVFS.
2. Delete All Contacts on Centro.
3. Use Versamail App EAS to Sync Centro Calendar to Gmail Calendar.
4. Hard Reset Erase Centro.
5. Restore Centro from microSD Card via BBVFS.
6. Use Synthesis SyncML App to Sync Centro Contacts to Gmail Contacts.
7. Sync Android Device to Gmail Contacts and Calendar.

the reason for the rigmarole is because -

1. SyncML only does Contacts and not Calendar.
2. Versamail EAS adds some junk in Gmail Contacts field.

good luck.

So i went into the vzw store today hoping to find the incredible, as i was looking around one of the guys came up to help me and was like do you need anything, i asked if they had the incredible and he was so giddy, he was like no, but i hear it comes in this evening for tomorrow, he also said i was like the only person that has asked for it, i live in Albuquerque so no surprise there, haha, he seemed like he needed someone to talk to about that phone, cos he kept listing the specs for me...i told him i had made up my mind and i saw the specs like a month ago....

damit, i missed being able to pick up my phone from the fedex facility, cuz of school...Santa Fe Springs, CA is 5min away from my house, but they said they put it on the truck for delivery...and it says it wont be here till tomorrow :(

Hey guys, here's one for you. What is the best way to transfer apps, contacts from my moto droid to my Inc? I want to be ready first thing in the AM. I have my backup pro. Will that work if I swap my memory card from my droid and download my backup pro to my Inc? Really appreciate your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom