• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many apps will we be able to have on the Incredible? I'm trying to make a list of ones that I must have and wanna know how many I can download.

Yaaaaaaaaa got my phone. Had to make my first post on here with it. Love this forum. Thanks to every single person who contributed to this epic thread.

<-----------gives everyone big giant hug

ugh... I have a centro and was hoping more of a synch to desktop software, export to csv, import to google process would work. I don't care about current calendar on Centro... any idea if that would work?

it will work - not sure how well and how easy though. i personally don't like CSV imports due to concern about matching up data fields. i prefer a "direct sync" OTA via SyncML and/or EAS to Google GMail.

dont think this has been asked...

Say i want to jump right into the action and play with the inc. as soon as I get it...Will the phone run WITHOUT a battery in it while its plugged up to the charger? just wondering so I could play with it awhile before charging it up so i won't mess the battery up

I'm not starting a new 2 year plan, anyone know how much it will cost me?
Will I have to pay anything extra monthly?

Thanks!

So, I picked up my DI from my mailbox today and almost couldn't open the box. After months of waiting, it seemed completely surreal. I finally opened the package and held the little marvel in my hands for a few minutes before placing it back in its box until we got home. I'm charging it before turning it on...and checking it like every minute and a half to see if the little light has gone green yet. It's like watching paint dry! The wait is excruciating but I know that shortly it will be finished charging and I can turn it on and see its gorgeous screen for the first time. I must say, it's already love at first sight.

I'll be in and out this evening and tomorrow so just in case I don't get the chance to post again in this thread before it's closed...I just wanted to thank everyone. It's been one helluva crazy ride and it wouldn't have been the same without F5'ing with all of you for the past few months. I don't think I would have made it through the wait without all of you. Many thanks for the tips, the laughs, the craziness, the sleuthing, the "moles" with all of their tidbits of info that kept us going. I'll miss everyone. :)

See you one level up in the forums, though! :D

Will the phone run WITHOUT a battery in it while its plugged up to the charger? just wondering so I could play with it awhile before charging it up so i won't mess the battery up

I think someone else mentioned being able to operate it plugged in with no battery. You won't damage the battery unless you run it down low but it would be a good idea to get it plugged in if you are going to keep the battery in it.

want a cool live wallpaper for free download live earth live wallpaper fooo freeeee.
prob would not run this thing on a daily basis but it is cool as crap to show friends. Make sure you tweek some settings because it will show one side of the earth with light and the other in darkness. Which is how it should be.

download andwobble. check it out on youtube greatest LWP ever!!

For everyone that is still waiting I'm sorry. The phone is awesome. I'm sending this to you from my incredible right now!

smart30 is for online, new activations (new customers) only. :(

I tried just about everything myself with that promo code

True but some people have been lucky and gotten the discount from CSRs and Online Sales Reps anyway (I am not one of those people).... as a last ditch effort I have emailed customer service asking for the discount as I see it as fair and reasonable since my NE2 has been up since September 2009 and I could choose to go with another carrier or return my phone in 30 days. If they give it to me GREAT, if not oh well.

it will work - not sure how well and how easy though. i personally don't like CSV imports due to concern about matching up data fields. i prefer a "direct sync" OTA via SyncML and/or EAS to Google GMail.

oh ok, thanks. I've still got some time so I don't mind having to scrub contacts

First time in this forum, thanks for the helpful posts. I'm an IT geek and this will be my first smartphone. (How sad is that? Yet how poetically beautiful that it will be the HTC Droid Incredible.)

Only 30 more minutes and I am on my way home to start PLAYING!!!

(And thank gawd someone was home to accept the FedEx delivery.)
:p

*bump*..... anyone?

Male end looks exactly like the picture below :)

acclgvx8610home.jpg

Ship date Apr 28, 2010
Estimated delivery Apr 29, 2010 by 3:00 PM
Destination: ***** ******, MD

I've decided to try leaving a note like this tomorrow:

"Please accept this as my delivery signature for a package from company XXX to me, XXX, on 8/12/08." signature

Anyone ever done this for indirect signatures? Has it worked?

Best of luck to everyone.

Edit: SHould have no problem getting here by tomorrow. It's shipping from WEST CHESTER, PA, which is less than 3 hrs from me.

i mean instead of notifying you, it just connects. So if u have wifi on, when u walk into a room with an open or saved network, it just connects it. No notification bar saying "WIFI available". Does it connect automatically or just "notify"

as i said it will notify you, then you can connect if its open network or you may type in security code if its secured

however if its a network that it remembers like your house then it will auto connect

First time poster and doing it from my incredible. The phone is by far the best piece equipment I have used! Thanks to all the posters and the massive amount if information. Have fun playing with your new toys & let's get those tips and tricks going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom