• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

Well I just called the stores in my area and I have to say WHAT A BUNCH OF $$$%#$%

The one store that as told me multiple times NO LIST no pre-oders apparently have a list for NEW customers and they will hold them for NEW customers and now have "very few" for us poor longtime customers.

I call another store and they will make me an appointment for 11:00 but they still can't hold it or guarantee me a phone. So what f'ing good is the appointment?

Neither open early but I won't be surprised if I show up at 9:00 to find they've been open since 8:00. :-(

This is very unfortunate, why can't Verizon get its act together? There really should be a standard how they do new phones, either have pre-orders or don't, this appointment crap is dumb, especially if they are going to keep changing their minds if they are doing one or not.

I just got another call from my Verizon store. No appts or holds, but he did tell me they now have a whopping 35 LOL, and they are officially opening at 9, but if there are people there at 8, they will let us in.

This is very unfortunate, why can't Verizon get its act together? There really should be a standard how they do new phones, either have pre-orders or don't, this appointment crap is dumb, especially if they are going to keep changing their minds if they are doing one or not.

I get the feeling the staff are holding phones for new customers because they get a bigger commission for new customers. I have a good mind to black mail them with a call to corp if they don't put me on the EFF list. :D

Hey if anyone else is new to verizon and want to get a free $25 giftcard from Verizon when they get their Droid X PM me and I can give you the details.

This puts the price of the phone down to $175 :)

...and the appointments are really worth a sh*t. Rep just told me I had an appointment and a phone set aside, but I better be there when they opened, which he thought would be 7:30 or 8, because they were out of stock and would give away the appointment phones if the people weren't there. I laughed, but he was serious. They created a nice buzz around this device but won't tell anybody how to buy the damn thing on launch day. It seems like each store is making their own policy and the employees don't know what's going on.

May or may not have one in my hands right now. Anyone know how to bypass the activation screen. I've tried the ones that worked on the droid, droid eris and moto devour. No luck yet though. Any ideas???

...and the appointments are really worth a sh*t. Rep just told me I had an appointment and a phone set aside, but I better be there when they opened, which he thought would be 7:30 or 8, because they were out of stock and would give away the appointment phones if the people weren't there. I laughed, but he was serious. They created a nice buzz around this device but won't tell anybody how to buy the damn thing on launch day. It seems like each store is making their own policy and the employees don't know what's going on.

Thats not cool. We take small deposits so when your phone arrives we call you and hold it for you for up to 2 weeks. If you dont come get it by then we call the next person on our list who has been waiting.

OK so I went to my usual VZW store a few days ago and was told (again) no pre-orders of any kind for the X. Fine. I called the same store a few minutes ago to ask about the availability of the kickstand case for the X and he says they will have some tomorrow for sure but there will be no Droid X's available. I ask why and he says: "Well we did a little in-store pre-order list and all 60 of our phones are spoken for." Folks, this sucks. You either do it or you don't. I'm not gonna kill myself over this but it pisses me off that one guy says no and another guy says yes. So, I'll try online. Sure can make one feel like a pawn.

Appointment tomorrow at five. BB called to arrange it. I intentionally didn't check out the demo. Will have pix of them both soon.(inc and X).. Sorry to others having troubles.

OK so I went to my usual VZW store a few days ago and was told (again) no pre-orders of any kind for the X. Fine. I called the same store a few minutes ago to ask about the availability of the kickstand case for the X and he says they will have some tomorrow for sure but there will be no Droid X's available. I ask why and he says: "Well we did a little in-store pre-order list and all 60 of our phones are spoken for." Folks, this sucks. You either do it or you don't. I'm not gonna kill myself over this but it pisses me off that one guy says no and another guy says yes. So, I'll try online. Sure can make one feel like a pawn.

I'm sorry man, my Verizon did the same thing. It can't be a hard concept to make a plan and stick to it.

Anyone ordering through Wirefly? They're boasting a special price on the phone tomorrow....?

I might if the price will be $150 with an upgrade.

I was supposed to get mine from the BJ's kiosk so I can get the $50 gift card. I was told no preorders about a week ago. Just called and found out every phone is preordered. It really is ridiculous.

I am going to keep refreshing the page at 12:01 :) any know if we can order online tonight can get it in the morning? or maybe the afternoon? is that possible? :(

I doubt we can get in the afternoon. Shit, I dont even assume I'll get it at all on Friday. I'm thinking Monday at the latest though, even though the verizon chat chick told me Tuesday at the latest for whatever reason.

I doubt we can get in the afternoon. Shit, I dont even assume I'll get it at all on Friday. I'm thinking Monday at the latest though, even though the verizon chat chick told me Tuesday at the latest for whatever reason.

wow why does verizon do that? man i been waiting a year just for a upgrade. The incredible was a dam joke. and now. Overnight= 5 days. for a phone they say is "In Stock and no shortages what so ever.

I'm on ATT with an iphone 3g right now looking to jump ship for the droid x. I called up customer service and they told me no preorders so I asked if I could order it at midnight on the 15th and they told me I could only do that if I already had an existing myverizon account, otherwise I would have to go in store.

Sounds like BS, is there any truth to that? Has anyone else been able to order online when switching carriers?

Absolutely BS- when you go to check out, you get the option of a new number, or porting over an existing number

So how is it that people are getting any sort of information from corp Verizon store employees?

I've been to 5 in my area. Not a single one will let me test drive a model that I know they must have. Not a single one will comment on stock, other than "We should have enough". Not one will take any sort of pre-order list, or appt time, or anything.

Basically no infomation at all.

In fact, the only thing that they have been able to tell me are specs that I know to be wrong (like todays comment that the X has a 15GHz processor compared to the Incredibles 12GHz. :rolleyes:).

Maybe it's my personality or stunning good looks that's putting people off.

Sorry, man- that really sucks... At my store, we've been letting customers see our demos ever since they came in.. We also set up the phone's display today (HDTV and all) and even put out a live model. Definitely probably a store-by-store thing, depends on how strict the manager is..

If you buy it from Best Buy you can still take it to a Verizon store after the 30 days for warranty issues, without the service plan :)

Correct- only has to go back to an agent if its within the first 30 days

I just got back from the VZW store and played with the DX. All I can say is WOW. It was amazing. I was really worried about the size, but it's great for someone with larger hands/fingers. It was so responsive and just easy to use! I can't wait until October for my upgrade!!

Its only 3 months.. I'd be surprised if they didnt move that up for you, as long as you have good payment history, etc. Upgrading from a non-smartphone will help too..

I hear you man. i wanted the Inc then i heard about the wait so i got pissed canceled my order. Once i heard and watch Countless videos about the Droid X. Fits me perfect. And i am really hopeful that it will come here within a day or so maybe 2.. at the most.. If order it.. at 12:01 on a Wed night. will i get it Thursday? or Friday?

Another question worst case scenario. If i order thursday. would i get it friday? lol thanks :D

Always overnight shipping ordering online- usually... If it doesnt automatically populate, try promo code FREEOVERNT

very excited about ordering online tonight, i am.

STEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more Inc, buddy???

I am going to keep refreshing the page at 12:01 :) any know if we can order online tonight can get it in the morning? or maybe the afternoon? is that possible? :(

No same-day shipping, sorry... Overnight is the best they'll do.. You can pay extra for overnight plus morning delivery (standard overnight is FedEx by 3 PM; I think morning is by 10:30)

I might if the price will be $150 with an upgrade.

I was supposed to get mine from the BJ's kiosk so I can get the $50 gift card. I was told no preorders about a week ago. Just called and found out every phone is preordered. It really is ridiculous.

Hey, PolishPaul,
For the DROID X launch, we've increased our Bing Cashback back to $50. That along with our "special price" -- which goes live at in about 2 hours, should satisfy you nicely.

To get the Bing Cashback, you simply need to start your purchase from Bing.com. Go to this Bing.com results page: wirefly - Bing and click on the sponsored link next to the Bing Cashback logo.

You can also get a free Micro SD card by using coupon code WIREFLY2GMC.

I just received word from the distribution center that the phones are in stock and we will begin activating and shipping orders in the morning.

Hope this helped.

Thanks,
Wirefly

I just got a call from one of the local verizon store reps. I had an appointment with her which she told me guaranteed a phone on launch day. She told me they had taken too many appointments and did not have the stock for everyone. I told her I would show up earlier...it didn't matter. All they offered was to order one for me tomorrow morning and have it over-nighted. She told me this was the same for most stores in the area...I live in a fairly large city in NC with many verizons and authorized retailers.

Thankfully, I anticipated this and have an "appointment" at another store that also claims to have one set aside for me. I'm going to show up early and be the first in line. I'm not sure these "appointments" mean anything...or if so, then there is probably no stock at those stores for the early bird/campers.

Good luck tomorrow.

Im in NC too, Raleigh. Same?

Hey i'm going to go to best buy tomorrow and try my luck. I pre-ordered it but i was #14 so idk. I will be going an hour early, because thats just the most convenient time for me. Anyone who works at best buy, would you happen to know how many you got in? Or, if I dont get one, and I were to come home right after and Order it online, do you think I would get it in the mail overnight or would it be sold out by that time?

Back
Top Bottom