• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update 4.1.2 pushed 11/25/13

couple questions for you,

were you rooted before ota?
how about after?

does anything stand out different with this ota?

Info here: Casio G'zOne Commando Slated For OTA Update To Build C771M120

Post-Jump, for the lazys:

• Speakerphone successfully turns off after a Push to Talk call is completed.
  • Improved device stability decreases power cycles during a Push to Talk call.
  • Mobile IM application has been removed from the device.
  • Desk Cradle application has been updated with the latest bug fixes.
  • Android partner security bulletin has been applied to the device.

aannnd a pretty picture..

image95.png

NOT rooted before the update....

The phone is snappier, WiFi connects a LOT faster.

I will play with it later tonight, its that work thing....

So can you help me C811M020 Backup

I think I can help you Root version C811M040

My phone is stock (not rooted) and I am not sure how or if I can backup the ROM image not being rooted. I held off rooting anticipating an update. So far the phone has performed well and I have not needed to root it...yet.

My phone is stock (not rooted) and I am not sure how or if I can backup the ROM image not being rooted. I held off rooting anticipating an update. So far the phone has performed well and I have not needed to root it...yet.

So you do not root your device anymore: ((
I really need a backup of the device

So far I have noticed...

Compass on lock screen in a little more fancy.
Voice to text is much better and glitches were fixed with it.
Drag down menu is a little different with more detail and a few new buttons on top
Phone seems faster
I THINK there is an Accounts section added on settings screen
Google Now added

This is what I have noticed over the past 3 hours. Happy with it so far.

Hi!
you do not need root can backup rom C811M040,
you just need to download this file recovery
turn off your phone at the same time press the volume up key + power + tactile keys until the phone vibrates then drop off the key, the press continued recovery appears Tactile use the volume down key select Apply Update from External Storage, search update_recovery and press power to select yes to remove the battery it finished reattach
recovery continues to be on the phone as the new recovery using the volume down button to scroll down the text to back up and restore selected backup running 3 minutes for it to finish and reboot ClockworkMod copy that folder to compress computer and up to me
many people are waiting for this rom

Thanks

Androidher0. I have the OTA file. Can you use that? I'm hoping you find a way to make this work. I need an update.zip of the new rom because the update semi-bricked mine.

I was Mr.Huy from 5up.vn
I'm developing ROM for Casio Ca-201L and C811
I look forward to receiving the OTA file from you, and I promise to send you back to the ROM update.zip for C811M040

Back
Top Bottom