• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update 4.1.2 pushed 11/25/13

You'll risk getting bricked if you run OTA with custom recvoery.
I'll personally wait will there be a zip.
I'm now using your backup custom rom that you posted on XDA forum. I think that if someone who have a stock rom 4.0.4 with latest baseband share his backup rom to us we can solve the problem. If not, I will waiting the same you do. What are you thinking about : why did JKH62 update successfully but others did not??

I don't have CWM installed. But I modified the phone with the incoming call fix and some files are missing. If anyone is still on 4.0.4 and can send me the stock /system folder? If I wait for a update.zip, I don't have CWM installed. Is that simple to do?

The stock nandroid backup (M020) can be found here
C811_stock.rar

If you want to revert stock apk's just adding them woun't do. You'll have to install them as system app.
The call fix is updated and now does not require system file modifications. Read the corresponding thread for details.

Note that if you install C811_stock that does not mean you can safely update.
You will still have the CWM you had and root. And this backup does not restore baseband.

Also this backup has non-working camera. If you want to use it and need a fix tell me.

I'm now using your backup custom rom that you posted on XDA forum. I think that if someone who have a stock rom 4.0.4 with latest baseband share his backup rom to us we can solve the problem. If not, I will waiting the same you do. What are you thinking about : why did JHK62 update successfully but others did not??

Obviously because he did not modify anything.
We need a way to recover everything back and that can be done with flashable zip built from source.

For those of you having issues after a failed 4.1.2 update and if you have CWM recovery. I would recommend you to do a factory reset from cwm, flash initialization tools.zip boot to OS, install flashify and from there recovery.img, reboot to recovery and just then flash c811 stock nandroid provided by Doctoror's.
Do not wipe after restoring any nandroid since you will loose part of configuration and setup.
Please note that initialization tools have a compatible baseband for 4.0.4 (aboot and modem).

I haven't done this myself but It should not make your situation worse for sure. What I've done is to flash initialization tools.zip from cwm and then I restored my own nandroid backup, which is pretty much the same as doctoror's but with some personal accounts and stuff. Phone booted OK after flashing initialization tools and after restoring my backup.

The ones that successfully updated, please try this.
This will not modify your setup.

We need your updated ROM backup, so here's how to make it for us.
If you're running Windows PC
1) Install adb and fastboot on your PC.
2) Extract recovery.img to root of drive C (for convenience) from this archive.
3) Install C811 drivers if you haven't yet.
4) In your device, enable Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging and connect it to PC
5) Open command prompt and execute
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader
Your device should reboot to GzOne logo.
6) Type
Code:
fastboot devices
You should see one list item
7) if you see it, type
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
You should boot into clockworkmod recovery (it will not install, just boots)
Now go to backup & restore -> backup
After that's finished you can choose
"reboot system now"

Then find the directory clockworkmod/backup/[some date here], compress it and upload somewhere we can get it.

For those of you having issues after a failed 4.1.2 update and if you have CWM recovery. I would recommend you to do a factory reset from cwm, flash initialization tools.zip boot to OS, install flashify and from there recovery.img, reboot to recovery and just then flash c811 stock nandroid provided by Doctoror's.
Do not wipe after restoring any nandroid since you will loose part of configuration and setup.
Please note that initialization tools have a compatible baseband for 4.0.4 (aboot and modem).

I haven't done this myself but It should not make your situation worse for sure. What I've done is to flash initialization tools.zip from cwm and then I restored my own nandroid backup, which is pretty much the same as doctoror's but with some personal accounts and stuff. Phone booted OK after flashing initialization tools and after restoring my backup.

I did something similair to this, in a round about way. What happened is I now have a baseband that won't work on my phone. As long as there is no SIM in my phone or the phone is in airplane mode it operates just fine (except for the phone part). As soon as I put the SIM in and try to power up with the cellular radio on the phone will boot normally up to the point where it tries to connect to the cell netwrk and then it reboots.

As long as the cell radios are off the phone will power up fine. It's when the cell radios are on. I'm quite sure if I had the stock baseband from a verizon phone running 4.0.4 I could probably flash it and the phone would go back to working.

I'm going to do a little experiment and check back after I try different connection settings.

Did anyone updated after being rooted?

For those who updated to 4.1.2 and all working.
If anyone has root (no matter rooted before or after update), please execute the following commands in terminal emulator and upload the resulting files.

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 of=/mnt/sdcard/recovery.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/mnt/sdcard/modem.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 of=/mnt/sdcard/aboot.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/mnt/sdcard/tz.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 of=/mnt/sdcard/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/mnt/sdcard/rpm.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/mnt/sdcard/sbl1.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/mnt/sdcard/sbl2.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 of=/mnt/sdcard/sbl3.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/mnt/sdcard/system.img

I'm going to do a little experiment and check back after I try different connection settings.

I tried manipulating which radios were on (CDMA, EVDO, LTE), it made no difference. For me, the radios will not work with the 410 or 470 baseband. Others have been more successful, I'm sure. Just proceed with caution.

Oh yeah, and I really like the look of the Korean ROM, wish I could use it here.

Just updated. I have had no problems with the update. Why didn't our phones work like this from day one? Quick, more responsive, and user interface looks more modern.

For those who updated and all working.
If anyone has root (no matter rooted before or after update), please execute the following commands in terminal emulator and upload the resulting files.

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 of=/mnt/sdcard/persist.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/mnt/sdcard/tombstones.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/mnt/sdcard/fota.img

I have tried several times to reboot to bootloader and it just does a normal reboot. Is this option working with Jellybean?

The stock nandroid backup (M020) can be found here
C811_stock.rar

If you want to revert stock apk's just adding them woun't do. You'll have to install them as system app.
The call fix is updated and now does not require system file modifications. Read the corresponding thread for details.

Note that if you install C811_stock that does not mean you can safely update.
You will still have the CWM you had and root. And this backup does not restore baseband.

Also this backup has non-working camera. If you want to use it and need a fix tell me.

I need the working camera. Stock as stock can be. Settings keeps FCing. I need to restore it to stock minus root and Flashify for reboot recovery command for CWM (which I finally got flashed).

I have tried several times to reboot to bootloader and it just does a normal reboot. Is this option working with Jellybean?

It's working for me on ICS.

if

Code:
reboot-bootloader

doesn't work try without dash.

From terminal

Code:
su
reboot bootloader

or from adb

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Must reboot into on GzOne logo.
But if you didn't update then I don't need the system backup.

I need the working camera. Stock as stock can be. Settings keeps FCing. I need to restore it to stock minus root and Flashify for reboot recovery command for CWM (which I finally got flashed).

You can't unroot by restoring from recovery. This "stock" backup will keep root as well as the one I uploaded called "fixed".

Just updated. I have had no problems with the update. Why didn't our phones work like this from day one? Quick, more responsive, and user interface looks more modern.
Congratulation:p! and now pleased do that:

For those who updated to 4.1.2 and all working.

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 of=/mnt/sdcard/persist.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/mnt/sdcard/tombstones.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 of=/mnt/sdcard/fota.img
Thank you!

Just to place some emphasis on the importance of Doctoror's request. There are a couple of us with bricks, semi-bricks, and corrupted basebands and the only way we are going to be able to make repairs is with this information. It can not harm your phone no more than copying any other file would. You are simply extracting data so an update.zip can be built so we can A) fix these broken phones, and B) have rooted, debloated, and call reject repaired jelly bean on our phones. It will help everyone in the community.

Just to place some emphasis on the importance of Doctoror's request. There are a couple of us with bricks, semi-bricks, and corrupted basebands and the only way we are going to be able to make repairs is with this information. It can not harm your phone no more than copying any other file would. You are simply extracting data so an update.zip can be built so we can A) fix these broken phones, and B) have rooted, debloated, and call reject repaired jelly bean on our phones. It will help everyone in the community.

I'm not bricked...but I have been. If you don't have a way to flash the original or update FW to the phone then its hosed for now...

So please guys help out if you can!

From terminal

Code:
su
reboot bootloader

or from adb

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Must reboot into on GzOne logo.
But if you didn't update then I don't need the system backup.

Thanks. It worked for me on ICS using terminal emulator app. It does not work for me neither in adb, nor adb shell; i don't really know why.

I was rooted before the update, but I didn't install CWM recovery. I tried I have ABD and Fastboot installed on my PC with the drivers. I can get the ABD to reboot, but that is all nothing else works.

Same issue as Motumbo. Updated to 4.12 (not rooted) successfully. Runs great but all adb commands from command prompt, shell, and terminal fail with the phone rebooting to the regular screens.

Then rooted with UnlockRoot as suggested in the "All Things Root" sub-forum. Now when I issue an "su" it no longer return "not found" but it doesn't give root rights either.

I see the the UnlockRoot is pushing a file "pwn" and chmodding it to 755. I am guessing that that no longer works on 4.2.1.
UnlockRoot.png

As we beta test tghese phones and find the bugs and security holes and the manufacturers fix them. Funny thing though, they always seem to fix the security holes and leave the bugs...

After update, all my apps that I had moved to the SD card wouldn't work until I moved them back to the phone. I then moved them back to the SD card, they all worked then.

Back
Top Bottom