• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help photos not in DCIM folder

beano52

Feb 23, 2010
St. Louis Metro
My photos do not show up on my DCIM. The "media" folder is missing. I want to transfer them off my EVO to the computer. It's been a couple months since I transfered and probably before the upgrade to Android 2.3.3.

Any ideas where the photos are? They still show up on gallery and the DCIM folder shows only 2 folders .thumbnails and Camera.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

I am getting this problem. When trying to rip photos off my phone to computer.

Connecting phone as DISK DRIVE.

On computer trying to access photos thru DCIM (only shows .thumbnails and Camera, no media)

on phone when trying to open gallery phone shows "Your content is unavailable because your phone is being used as USB storage. Disconnect USB access to access your content."

I am wanting to transfer my photos off phone to computer.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Upvote 0
I am not sure where your pictures have hid themselves however you can hook the phone up to the computer and do a search for the files. *.jpg is the default I believe. If the pictures were downloaded from the net then look in the download folder. Media should be there I dont guess it is necessary for the phone to work but check that it is not hidden.

Upvote 0
Not sure of whats going on what ROM are you using? is it the Stock ROM that came with the phone? Have you removed the SD Card from the phone and tried accessing it that way?

I would look into getting something like drop box to transfer files between phone and computer. I think the "Cloud" way is one of the easiest ways to go. If you want more storage check out ADrive. No android app yet but still a decent service.

Upvote 0
I am getting this problem. When trying to rip photos off my phone to computer.

Connecting phone as DISK DRIVE.

On computer trying to access photos thru DCIM (only shows .thumbnails and Camera, no media)

on phone when trying to open gallery phone shows "Your content is unavailable because your phone is being used as USB storage. Disconnect USB access to access your content."

I am wanting to transfer my photos off phone to computer.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

well you can't access your card when it is connected to your pc. have you tried to use a file manager? they should be under dcim. are they photos you took? or are they downloaded from a website. if so then they are in the downloads folder. if they are photos then select camera. they should be there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones