• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help need alcatel one touch evolve stock rom! Helpp!

Well, I'm able to get to the recovery and can sideload through adb...too bad there wasn't something that would work that way.

Curious. Does the stock recovery allow adb sideload?

Even still, if there was a custom recovery for which a nandroid backup could be obtained it could not be 'flashed' via adb sideload. Even if someone was able to make a system dump and then artfully craft an 'update.zip' style file, it would still fail the signature verification that stock recovery will check for.

Upvote 0
Curious. Does the stock recovery allow adb sideload?

Even still, if there was a custom recovery for which a nandroid backup could be obtained it could not be 'flashed' via adb sideload. Even if someone was able to make a system dump and then artfully craft an 'update.zip' style file, it would still fail the signature verification that stock recovery will check for.

Just for the heck of it, I tried to sideload a couple update.zips but of course, the installations aborted. lol

Upvote 0
I've also bricked mine... kind of.

EDITED TO SHOW URLS

In the quest to acquire a different rom than stock, I managed to install MIUI (on my 5020T, even though I used the 5020E rom), and it worked marvellously, except for now. I messed around with the engineering settings too much and did dun brokest it good :/ I am no longer able to connect to any mobile network using it but other than this it is okay. To clarify, this is my definition of 'bricked', as it no longer functions as a cell phone... more as an expensive mini tablet thinger lol

I've got a few things to say. (1) I will explain my method/path, even though I'm still a newbie too, and one or more steps may not actually be necessary, and I'll post as many links as I can (hopefully the forum will not restrict this) of my sources. This way someone may be able to replicate my momentary success and be able to pull a 'nandroid' thing as they call it above. (2) I'm going to ask for the default engineer-mode setting screenshots. I need to get mine working again. (3) I have a plan to un-brick mine, and it may work, and if it works I'll share

SO, to start out, how I bricked mine:
I used this guide: http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/170867-tuto-maj-root-tweaks-alcatel-ot-mpop-5020x/ even though it is in French, Google Translate helps....
You will need a few things:
SP Flash tool, and flash, flash backup, and scatter files:
http://gbt78r.1fichier.com/ (Site is in French, go to bottom click download)

Now that you have followed the French version, take a look at this one, its in English but a lot more tech-involved, doesn't make much sense to me, so I just used the French version. But here's the English: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5
Here's another french one: http://pastebin.com/E8KaP0tZ

NOW USE CWM TO GET A BACKUP, AND SHARE!!!!!

Okay so now that you know how to get a backup, and share it, don't mess with anything else until one of us here on the forum has confirmed that your backup works with my phone and vice-versa, let's all collectively agree to leave one of these phones in-tact.

A FAVOUR FOR A NEWBIE, I would like to ask one of the newbies who has an un-touched phone to help me with this.
In this step, I will be asking for screenshots of your Engineering Mode settings, such that I may fix my phone and hopefully connect to networks once again, it may be below-rom-level.
If you are concerned for the safety of the ownership of your phone, please feel free to block-out / edit-out your IMEI numbers and IPs and other sensitive info, I have no desire to know it, only the default settings.

Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
Go into the Telephony tab / menu
Take screenshots of all of the menus and sub-menus available in this section, post to here.

Thank you SO much in advance. This will help me fix mine, which will in turn help more fix theirs.

THIRDLY
My current plan of action, which I need a couple pointers on as well...
I've been following closely this guide: http://www.techlila.com/compile-android-rom-from-source-code/
My plan is to compile either or both of the AOSP and / or the CyanogenMod roms for the 5020T phone.
I've never compiled before...

I've successfully gotten down to the step where it says "I am considering your device’s kernel source, device source and vendor libs for Android 4.3 to be at"

...but I don't know where he gets these values from, if someone with a little more experience wants to look into this I would be more than welcoming of the assistance. I would like to post these roms online if I get it to successfully work on mine such that others may use it.

Lastly, here are all of Aclatel's source files for most/all of their phones, but I don't know if these have the kernel source, the device source, or the device-common source or the vendor source that the guide speaks about. List: http://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/
I've downloaded OT-5020T, it was 86MB, extracted to 1.5GB, and now I don't know what I'm doing lol.

I've done all these download things and repo editing and browsing stuff on a windows computer, the ubuntu I fired up just for following the guide exactly, only on the ubuntu-specific things though.

Let's all work together on this, there are outlined a few ways that I believe some may be able to contribute, and I shall contribute what I can as well. Thanks!!!

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Well, Alvin welcome to the site :hello:

You've got quite a post up there, I will try to help you with it when I get home from work today. But one quick thing I can answer. There is no way for you to delete your own post(s). You could hit the report button and one of the mods or admins can do it. I can, but am not allowed to.

See ya later!

Reactions: Alvinator9000
Upvote 0
Your phone needs to be turned off, the battery removed, then re-insert the battery, then re-plug into the computer without turning it on. I learned this too, let me know if it solves your problem and I'll update my long post

Nope, nothing happens, it just says "searching" on the bottom

edit: I attached a pic of the screen I got

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinator9000
NOW USE CWM TO GET A BACKUP,

I'll bet you're wishing you had done that one aren't you? Hehehe, don't take that wrong. I honestly think that your problem would not be fixed by a nandroid backup because as you suspect, the engineering settings AFAIK do lie further down. But for the readers, once you get a custom recovery installed on your phone MAKE SURE TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!

Now movng on to some of your other questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinator9000
I've been following closely this guide: DIY: Compile Android ROM from Source Code • TechLila
My plan is to compile either or both of the AOSP and / or the CyanogenMod roms for the 5020T phone.
I've never compiled before...

I've successfully gotten down to the step where it says "I am considering your device

Upvote 0
I'll bet you're wishing you had done that one aren't you? Hehehe, don't take that wrong. I honestly think that your problem would not be fixed by a nandroid backup because as you suspect, the engineering settings AFAIK do lie further down.

Yes I am wishing so, and I do agree though it may be my only hope so at the moment I would not knock down the possibility entirely quite yet.

I ended up picking up an additional phone today Nexus 4 :) But I'll continue on making this phone fully functional again, otherwise I just have a nice GPS/Music thing lol

I am not a ROM developer but I have tried it once or twice and did only once get a 'make'. Part of this question would be answered by going on your phone to Code:
Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information
or something like that, in other words see what Android version your phone is running now. That will determine if you should even use the CM 10.2 to build with or a different version.

I unfortunately have just the following when I am in the "About Phone" section:
Device Name (I can change/edit this): Android
Model Number: Alcatel one touch 5020E
Android Version 4.2.2 JDQ39
MIUI Version: MIUI-4.5.23
CPU: 1.0GHz
RAM: 768MB
Internal Memory: 2.30GB Available, 4.00 GB Total
Baseband Version: MAUI.11AMD.W1222SP.V15.F5.P11,2013/05/28 11:06
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
ROM Name: NashaRxL v2.0
Developed By: Col. Patatas
Legal Information (Sub-menu)

Ok, like I said I am a total novice, however, since there isn't an actual official CM ROM for your device, step 8 in your link probably won't do much, i.e. especially the Code:
./extract-files.sh
command. However you can probably use the files from your sourceforge download if you can figure out where to put them in your device tree.

Yeah I'll figure something out, I'm super busy over the next few days but I will try to get CM running on it :)

Alvin: Man, I am so sorry for how my reply looks. I know how to use this site and how to quote and everything. I so hope you can try to make sense of my reply.

No worries dude :)

OK, I actually got the download started, but I took the battery out before the phone was recognized. But, I got the attached window

I would test out your cable to start, try just start sending like a gig or two of movie over to your phone and start wiggling stuff until things fail :)

Upvote 0
Well it looks like you have Android version 4.2.2 which I believe would correspond to CM version 10.1 and not 10.2.

But now I am also reminded that you flashed a ROM to your phone that is for a model 5020E while your phone is actually a 5020T, correct? If that is the case, then if the hardware is not exactly the same between those two models, there may be your problem as well.

good luck

Upvote 0
Well it looks like you have Android version 4.2.2 which I believe would correspond to CM version 10.1 and not 10.2.

But now I am also reminded that you flashed a ROM to your phone that is for a model 5020E while your phone is actually a 5020T, correct? If that is the case, then if the hardware is not exactly the same between those two models, there may be your problem as well.

good luck

You are correct, my model is 5020T...so I guess there is not much I can do at this point. Thanks for trying to help! :)

Upvote 0
I cannot post links but check out the following, I have donwloaded it myself only I am not sure it is the stock rom.

go to sourceforge ---> search for alcatel ----> click on first search result (Open Source Code of Alcatel Mobile Phone) -----> DO NOT CLICK ON DOWNLOAD YET ----> click on "Files" tab in upper left hand area (between "Summary" amd "Reviews" tabs) -----> search within page (f3) or scroll down to OT_5020T_20140217.tar.xz -----> click to download, the file is 89MB

Please post if possible to notify if this is the stock rom

Upvote 0
I cannot post links but check out the following, I have donwloaded it myself only I am not sure it is the stock rom.

go to sourceforge ---> search for alcatel ----> click on first search result (Open Source Code of Alcatel Mobile Phone) -----> DO NOT CLICK ON DOWNLOAD YET ----> click on "Files" tab in upper left hand area (between "Summary" amd "Reviews" tabs) -----> search within page (f3) or scroll down to OT_5020T_20140217.tar.xz -----> click to download, the file is 89MB

Please post if possible to notify if this is the stock rom

I downloaded, but don't know what to do with it lol

Upvote 0
I downloaded, but don't know what to do with it lol

I also downloaded it and took a look at it. It looks to me that it is intended for those who wish to build an Alcetel ROM from scratch. If you extract it and then extract those contents, there is a 'readme' file that shows where you need to put those files in your, hmm, toolchain? Or better said, in your android tree(s) of your repo-sync files to possibly be able to build a working ROM for the 5020T.

good luck.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones