• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Vintage Craftsman stuff:

Various screwdrivers, sockets, an entire tool kit emblazoned with 'Made in USA' on the box (from the 80s), pliers, extension cords, all-metal drills (one from Montgomery Ward) with KEYED chucks. Finally! I hated the keyless stuff all the 'modern' stuff has which always spins bits until they're worthless or just up and shut down for 'safety' because some nimrod twisted his wrist or something.

Didn't even know Craftsman made a Compact Cassette player in the 60s either. But I got one! Still works too. Didn't even know cassettes even existed back then either, figured it was just 8-tracks and vinyl.

To that note, got an 8-track recorder stereo unit for the dining room. Some carts too, one of Glen Campbell and another of Eddie Rabbitt. A third was a blank with 'Kmart' branding, couldn't resist that!

Upvote 0
Now that my house is wired for a full house generator I needed a generator that will run the whole house.

Upvote 0
A new battery for my truck. Went to take my daughters to school this morning and not even a click. Had it tested and it registered 13 CCA out of 730.
Aint it funny how there is zero warning. Had the same thing happen to me last summer. Fine towing my camper one day. Next morning, dead as a doornail. :mad:

Upvote 0
Aint it funny how there is zero warning. Had the same thing happen to me last summer. Fine towing my camper one day. Next morning, dead as a doornail. :mad:

Yep, same thing. No problems yesterday at all. Always happens at the worst time too. The only way it could have been worse is if I had to go to work this morning.

Upvote 0
Yep, same thing. No problems yesterday at all. Always happens at the worst time too. The only way it could have been worse is if I had to go to work this morning.
I towed my camper 100 miles on 4th of July weekend. Scoured half the state for an open autoparts store on July 4th. :p

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
My batteries always fail on the coldest day of the winter. Just an bit of indication it was on its last leg and I would have replaced it at my convenience.

I guess I ran my wife's battery down Monday. Called a buddy for a jump and drove straight to an auto parts store to have it checked. Battery was at 85%. Ten minutes of radio should not kill a battery. I'm watching it like a hawk. OEM battery at two years use.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
A gift card, but know what I kind of forgot to add on my massive apps settings such as youtube preiumm account, my email account, youmail too, step counter account to the card, that is around over 60 dollars yeah.. So thankfully I had to move it to the card, and do not have to worry about picking one up soon just for the mainland apps as they did unearth, That is still saving my cash just a bit more, hmmm.. oh yeah thinking of getting a new connector to the wifi router, this one is bend back and forth but still running, and a new mouse.

Upvote 0
My batteries always fail on the coldest day of the winter. Just an bit of indication it was on its last leg and I would have replaced it at my convenience.
I guess I ran my wife's battery down Monday. Called a buddy for a jump and drove straight to an auto parts store to have it checked. Battery was at 85%. Ten minutes of radio should not kill a battery. I'm watching it like a hawk. OEM battery at two years use.

I went ahead and replaced the battery on my wife's car this past Sunday as well. It was over 5 years old so it was about due anyway. Rather not get a call or text when I'm at work saying she can't take our daughters to school.

Upvote 0
I went ahead and replaced the battery on my wife's car this past Sunday as well. It was over 5 years old so it was about due anyway. Rather not get a call or text when I'm at work saying she can't take our daughters to school.
I don't mind taking a risk with my truck but the wife's car is a different matter entirely. You are a wise man.

Upvote 0
I often had this problem with the so-called 'Die Hard' batteries. They'd all of a sudden go from perfect to zero volts without warning. They literally 'Died Hard'. I stopped buying the brand after three crapped out in exactly that manner. Now it's Interstate Mega-Tron all the way, my Saturn ION's still surpassing the 6 year mark which is a first, given my time with car batteries is lucky to get 3+ years out of one (don't even get me started on my '84 Chrysler Fifth Avenue, who's starter was so huge that you couldn't even crank it over with a jump pack, you had to have one hell of a battery.)

Upvote 0
I often had this problem with the so-called 'Die Hard' batteries. They'd all of a sudden go from perfect to zero volts without warning. They literally 'Died Hard'.

Die Hard batteries are now, at least where I live, rebranded Advance Auto Parts house brand. They paid for the name, but the batteries are the same as they were before the name change.

Upvote 0
An update on my battery woes: It was the 15th of Sept. when my wife's 2020 Jeep refused to start and once jumped found the battery at 85%. We've had zero problems with it since until Sunday. Sunday is the day I wash the vehicles. I washed her Jeep and then it refused to start. My son gave me a jump and I drove directly to Auto Zone and had the battery checked. It's still at 85%. I drove it home. Later I ran to the grocery store. With goods loaded... no start!!! I walked home and and the wife and I went and jumped it. It goes in the shop tomorrow AM to fix whatever has gone wrong with the car. I'm guessing it's computer related but we shall see. When trying to start it the heads up display throws error after error. None are power related.
The Jeep is just two years old and being my wife's vehicle it has 10K miles on it.

Upvote 0
An update on my battery woes: It was the 15th of Sept. when my wife's 2020 Jeep refused to start and once jumped found the battery at 85%. We've had zero problems with it since until Sunday. Sunday is the day I wash the vehicles. I washed her Jeep and then it refused to start. My son gave me a jump and I drove directly to Auto Zone and had the battery checked. It's still at 85%. I drove it home. Later I ran to the grocery store. With goods loaded... no start!!! I walked home and and the wife and I went and jumped it. It goes in the shop tomorrow AM to fix whatever has gone wrong with the car. I'm guessing it's computer related but we shall see. When trying to start it the heads up display throws error after error. None are power related.
The Jeep is just two years old and being my wife's vehicle it has 10K miles on it.
Water. Pay attention to water and / or moisture and let them know if both times it was raining / humid / damp when it happened. I had the same problem with my truck when I first got it. Turns out they ran one section of the wiring harness on the wrong side of a heat shield and the insulation melted. So whenever it got wet I got the same thing you are seeing. Wouldn't run and all kinds of random (seemingly) codes being thrown. It took them a long time to troubleshoot (and a lot of warranty money to the tune of $15k) before they keyed in on the moisture connection. Once discovered, they were able to quickly isolate and fix the problem and it's been fine for 10 years.

Upvote 0
It could have been wet at the car wash. It's been so dry here it's difficult to relate it to the no start. One thing I did not mention, with my wife in the car she couldn't unlock the hatch or back doors for me to put the jumper cables in her vehicle vs my truck. They simply wouldn't unlock. I had my fob on me and it wouldn't unlock the back hatch either. That sounds like a computer glitz to me. It's an odd problem that will likely be difficult to isolate just like your truck. I hope it's the computer. I pity anyone who has to work on or replace anything under the hood. The best access to the engine and appliances is likely through the back of the glove compartment. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones