• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

Pick up two of these car vacuums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219-153737-526.png
    Screenshot_20221219-153737-526.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Part #1 Pick these up today in Barstow California, now head over to what really grinds your gears for part #2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-175241-302.png
    Screenshot_20221221-175241-302.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Glasses repair kit for the nose pieces off my sunglasses I had forever ago... I want to get another pair too, always tired of having two at a time, I mean come now, isn't every day a new one?

The last of the 'going period correct in the years 2009-14' tech haul:

1. 55" Emerson LCD HDTV (2013, $150, came with a Roku Ultra in box) replacing the no-longer supported and working 2016 LG WebOS Smart TV in my master bedroom.

2. Dell Vostro 1700 vintage laptop computer (2007, $100 locally by a friend) it's a boat anchor running Windows 7 Pro, and works perfectly fine (I know how to make modern stuff run on XP, Vista and 7) and the battery even still holds charge despite being well over a decade old. Has a DVD writer, firewire, PC card slots, 4GB RAM, Core2Duo CPU, 150GB HDD (including the much convenient HDD disk activity light!), many, many USB ports, SD Card reader, media controls on front, VGA port, Ethernet and modem ports. It's a desktop replacement laptop. Needed some TLC (had a virus, a bad driver causing Aero to crash, many junk apps that didn't fit the UI like Office 2016) but other than that it's working perfectly and performing like a brand new machine despite it being from ~ 2007

IMG_20230113_143100.jpg

Adding one more device to the list. I had completely forgot my router at home was made in 2020. During a browse at the peddler's mall in town, I came across a Linksys Wireless N router that had a $5 price on it. Judging by the picture and box art, I assumed it was from ~2012, but looking at the date code it was 2010. 2010 was a great year for tech and my life! Had to get it. Was super easy to set up too. Now it's sitting on the desk showing off its premium glossy plastic and flashing bright blue LED indicator lamps.

A massive Anniversity gift of an assoritment Chex Mix, with a few candy bars with a sign all painted with typewriter lettering on it, "p.s. I love you" of my girlfriends and mine dating one, six months!!! :)

Y'know, I've always thought it'd be fun to get such a fancy PC case, and put an i386 system inside it, like a reverse sleeper PC. Just for the lulz. That and in ~ 2004 I was putting high-end Pentium systems into old 386 cases and IBM AT cases.

Nothing was more hilarious than being the one who lugged in an old IBM AT that could play Half Life 2 to the LAN party.

Lucky me.... I had to replace my washing machine. I've lived long enough to have enjoyed this wonderful experience a few times before.
This purchase was exceptionally exhilarating because it afforded me the opportunity to spend twice as much on a replacement and a chance to step up my laundry game with a HE washer. I was all but giddy as I tossed my dirty clothes into the new unit and watched it do it's thing. It even came with a glass window so I could watch the process which was much like a bizarre science experiment. I can't believe I'm such a lucky guy.

Back
Top Bottom