• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

I ordered the wife the S24 ultra yesterday. She's been using the S21. It's supposed to arrive next week :thumbsupdroid:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240830_171217_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240830_171217_Gmail.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm enjoying mine so far.... even if I don't know what I'm doing .

I ordered the wife the S24 ultra yesterday. She's been using the S21. It's supposed to arrive next week :thumbsupdroid:
My wife is a master at using the note/ultra devices
She can create word documents, spread sheets, folders, she is a note/ultra master. Heck even my daughter is more advanced in the ultra phone then me. I have the 23 ultra, my kid used the S pen to copy something from Google photos to a note and then added flowers and other stuff to it.
Absolutely clueless and how she did it

Consessions at the movie theater, just a "kids meal" of popcorn and fruit snacks, a small soda
about like oh fifteen bucks total with my sis and I.
We saw despicable me four today.
Also I got some snacks and icy hot roll on, and a new tube of toothpaste.
Crayola super yummy water melon flavor toothpaste.

My purchase of a lifetime was yesterday - I was in line at Circle K, behind a guy who was clearly down to the last of his cash because he used three $2 bills. For a pack of cigarettes, so I couldn't have a lot of sympathy for him...

Anyway, I was just buying a can of energy drink and told the cashier that I would buy the $2 bills - I like to use them as part of my tips because they're memorable. One of those bills was not like the other, however: it was a one in a million occurrence! And that bill went right into our safe at home!
20241003_080525.jpg

20241003_080545.jpg

My purchase of a lifetime was yesterday - I was in line at Circle K, behind a guy who was clearly down to the last of his cash because he used three $2 bills. For a pack of cigarettes, so I couldn't have a lot of sympathy for him...

Anyway, I was just buying a can of energy drink and told the cashier that I would buy the $2 bills - I like to use them as part of my tips because they're memorable. One of those bills was not like the other, however: it was a one in a million occurrence! And that bill went right into our safe at home!
View attachment 175513That 1953 looks Mint !!! Nice Chief.
That 1953 looks MINT !!! I mean given it's age.

My wife was the bean counter for the local Kroger store for years. Some guy came in one night and cashed in 100 $2.00 bills. She bought them from the store and brought them home. My youngest was still living at home and bought quite a few of them. The rest are in the safe.

My father's mother was a very poor lady but somehow she managed to give each grandchild a two dollar bill for Christmas. I still have a couple in their envelope with her hand written sentiments.

They are just unusual enough that they are difficult to spend. Even more so are the old silver dollars and even the Susan B for that matter. The Morgan silver dollars have silver weight to consider. I wish I had more of them.

They are just unusual enough that they are difficult to spend. Even more so are the old silver dollars and even the Susan B for that matter. The Morgan silver dollars have silver weight to consider. I wish I had more of them.
The bank, I kid you not gave me old fashion fifties too.
I might keep a few.

Definitely a once in a million find.

Read somewhere that a clerk had called the police when someone tried paying for something with some $2.00 dollar bills.
Back, way back, when I worked at a convenience store, I'd always buy any unusual coins and notes that came through the store.

So my birthday is 7/4/1976. So my mom when I was growing up would hold on to every bicentennial quarter or 50¢ piece she got her hands on. I have numerous Ziploc bag fulls I hope are worth something some day, but I'm not holding my breath.

My father's buddy owned the local bowling alley. My father bought all of his change from the gumball machines, pinball, and pool tables. We actually wore the formica off of our kitchen table sliding the coins from the pile to scrutinize. We filled up many penny, nickel, and quarter books. It was a fun activity that we shared when I was a kid. His collection was gone after his death. The fun was looking through the coins with him. I did inherit a bank bag full of wheat pennies that are basically worth twice their face.

The guy I rented and eventually bought my house from was the original banker of my town. He and his wife were the most splendid people to visit with. They both were collectors that had money to invest. Among the things he collected was uncirculated money. He had multiple copies of ever coin and paper note from the late 1800s up through the early seventies. He only had one surviving child. I wouldn't have minded being it that guys shoes. :)

So my birthday is 7/4/1976. So my mom when I was growing up would hold on to every bicentennial quarter or 50¢ piece she got her hands on. I have numerous Ziploc bag fulls I hope are worth something some day, but I'm not holding my breath.
That's cool! America's Semiquincentennial is coming up in two years, and that currency will be 50 years old. That will be a great time to get top dollar for your Bicentennial money (if you want to part with it). I go to my credit union and buy $2 bills by the hundreds: once I got a stack, still sealed from the Bureau and in serial number order. I flipped that $200 for $225 in a flash. We keep them on us for tips and people are like "WOW, I haven't seen one of these since..." or "WOW, is this real?" LOL you'd be amazed at the deals I can get at yard sales when I offer a $2 bill...

Speaking of which, @olbriar PLEASE let me know if you have access to the key to an old American Scale Manufacturing company penny scale. My step-mother (wife of my late father) had a grandfather who owned the town drug store and had this scale outside his store for YEARS. She had (foolishly) taped the key to the back of the scale and over the course of its several moves, the dry-rotted tape failed and the key has disappeared. The manufacturer of the lock & key is still in business, but refuses to provide copies of the keys because they're under a perpetual contract to provide those proprietary locks and keys exclusively to American Scale Manufacturing... which has been out of business for decades. Now I'm on a mad search for a KEY so I can have it privately copied - until then, this scale sits there with the contents of the coin hopper intact. I really, really don't want to destroy the lock cylinder and put in a new one.

Back
Top Bottom