• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Probably going to sell mine.

B2L

Android Expert
Jan 17, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
So I've had my Galaxy Nexus for a few weeks now, it's an awesome device. (And I really have no problems/faults with it.) But for some reason the white Galaxy Note keeps tempting me with it's big beautiful display. I've always wanted a device that's a combination of a tablet and a phone, and the specs are just amazing. One of my friends offered me $650 for my Gnex, so it will only cost me about $100 more for the Note.

My only problem is I'll have to switch back to AT&T if I go with the Note, which will save me $10 a month. Although, I have had quite a few problems with them in the past.

I was wondering if anyone else here is tempted to do the same? Or has tried out both devices for themselves? Any feedback would be great. I thought I would only want a Nexus device from now on, but my mind is changing.

Sounds like a good plan, but for me, AT&T would be a deal breaker. In my area , AT&T's coverage is not the best, and their 4g is laughable, compared to Verizon (2 December outages excepted). If AT&T coverage is good in your neck of the woods, go for it.

AT&Ts coverage is great here, definitely better than Tmobile who I currently have. So I'm not all that worried about that. I don't travel very often, and every where I go is covered around here.

That's a good comparison video, I watched another one just a few minutes ago. Both devices are pretty equal when it comes down to things. I'm really interested to see how the Note will compare when it gets ICS.

Upvote 0
one thing to remember,, is the nexus will always be a few steps ahead in the software end of it,,,, when note gets .. 4.whatever,,, nexus will be on 4.whatever plus

Trust me I know, I've had my Nexus S since December of 2010. Although, what I have found is, I always end up rooting my devices, so I'm never all that far behind. :) So I'm definitely not worried about that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones