• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Radioshack Price Confirmed (Pre-Order page up 6/5/11)

Not true 100% of the time...Sprint has a process called an upgrade override. Anyone who bought the evo on June 4, 2010 and would have qualified for another upgrade on 6/4/11 but was moved down to the silver tier of Sprint upgrade tier because of the change can upgrade one last time on the one year mark...The way to do this call sprint and ask for an upgrade override....I did it for my sister and 3 friends its easy but reps will not proactively offer it to you.ymmv

I didnt have to do it for myself because I am gold premier due to my 13 year tenture with sprint

I assume you've shared this little nugget with the peeps over on the Sprint section of the forums? I know a lot of threads over there were related to how people got screwed by Sprint with this supposed bait and switch. Lots of people would be happy to know they can still get the annual upgrade (one time) if they just call and ask for it.

Upvote 0
Not true 100% of the time...Sprint has a process called an upgrade override. Anyone who bought the evo on June 4, 2010 and would have qualified for another upgrade on 6/4/11 but was moved down to the silver tier of Sprint upgrade tier because of the change can upgrade one last time on the one year mark...The way to do this call sprint and ask for an upgrade override....I did it for my sister and 3 friends its easy but reps will not proactively offer it to you.ymmv

I didnt have to do it for myself because I am gold premier due to my 13 year tenture with sprint

Damn, thanks for this. I just noticed this yesterday and was getting worried, but then I remembered that I never received a notification about it. Most companies are willing to give you a grace if you said you never got any notice about the switch....which I might have, but I certainly do not remember getting it.

**Edit**

Well I called and got the override pretty much on the spot. Sweet!

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
There are alot of people who are trying to buy the evo3d and only qualify for the silver upgrade $75 bucks.....for the those people if you lost your upgrade because of the change in premier guidelines and would have qualified on 6/4/11 with the old terms...you need to call sprint and ask for an upgrade override...

Back to the topic...I hope Sprint just announces this thing. I have preordered already but I need to schedule a day off to play with it...lol just like a nerd

MsRandall, this is GREAT info that I think could benefit a lot of people. I had slightly different circumstances (10 year mark wasn't officially supposed to be until October, based on their database), but I did have an override done on my account. Tried to describe this to others as well, but thought they granted me an exception just because I was so close to my 10 year mark in their database (when really, the phone numbers had been active on Sprint for 11 or 12 years).

Maybe EarlyMon can link your specific post in the Sprint Sub Forum, as well?

Great post!

Upvote 0

If you read the comments below the article, there is still some speculation about the legit nature of the add. One of those commenting is an RS empolyee.

I really think this is getting over analyzed. Using common sense we all know the phone will sell between 199 and 249 when subsidized. This ad true or not isn't earth shattering.

Over analyzing is what us tech nerds like to do.... :D
Heck, we need something to do with the lack of information from Sprint on the 3D......

Just to add a little to the "over analyzing," if you look at the top of the ad it clearly says, "Check out details at www.radioshack.com/evo3d." Now, try going to that URL and there's absolutely nothing there. I say the ad is "fake," to the extent that it's not an official ad, but adding to the conspiracy, I also believe that it's a "calculated" leak, just to continue peaking interest. Great marketing move, even if it's not an "official" release.

Upvote 0
Please help me understand - make her post a new thread or something or put into an existing one (link please)?

And yes, copy rather than move is no problem.

No prob.

Create stickied thread on Sprint sub-forum stating the helpful information (you can just copy/paste her post since it's still just as relevant in here), but credit her post with a direct link to her post in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/2724477-post72.html

Upvote 0
So if you are eligible for $150 from Sprint...does that come off the $499?

So that's 499-150(sprint) - 100(trade-in) = $250 for new 3D. Is my math right here?

Actually no. I'm eligible for the 150 off and I'm getting the phone for 200 bucks, the new customer price. It's not 150 off the full price, it's 150 off some ninja phantom discounted price. Makes no sense, but it's cheaper. You're paying 100 bucks with your Evo trade in, or less if you sell on Craigslist or something.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Today I chatted with sprint and Jessica told me that EVO 3D will be $199 plus tax.

She also told me that release date is not set yet.

Anyone outs talked to Jessica from sprint about pricing on EVO 3D?
I chatted with "Jessica" a few days ago and "she" told me it would be released with a month and the "online price" (whatever that is) would be $200.

Upvote 0
That's a great sign! This must be a very recent update... I just checked that url a few hrs ago. Thx for sharing.

edit: I have not seen that ad before, either.

I've got an old Moto Q9c, will RS really give me 75 bucks for that?

Yeah I have a blackberry curve, the non rolling trackball kind. I wonder if that would qualify for $75. If so that's where I'm buying my phone from.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have a blackberry curve, the non rolling trackball kind. I wonder if that would qualify for $75. If so that's where I'm buying my phone from.

If you go to:

RadioShack - Trade-In Program

and put in your phone it'll probably give you a good idea if you'd get $75 or not. I'm coming from a Blackberry Tour and Radioshack will only give my around $22 which is worse than Sprints $28.

I'm personally considering checking out T-Mobile's trade in program which will give me $40 for my phone. It sounds like I'd just receive a check with it and don't need to sign up with T-Mobile but I need to investigate it a bit more to be sure. Of course if anyone knows more about that program and would like to share I'd love to hear more.:D

Upvote 0
Remember that URL from the leaked ads? It is now active: EVO 3D Pre Order

It doesn't specifically mention the release date, however in the fine print it does say the Evo 4G trade-ins are starting on 6-24.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so hopefully this will do.

Also, if you check their weekly ad, in the fine print it says pre-orders *end* on 6/21. (I think I mentioned this in a different thread, but I believe I've found a way to link to the right info without going through Flash.)

RadioShack Weekly Ad

Upvote 0
If you go to:

RadioShack - Trade-In Program

and put in your phone it'll probably give you a good idea if you'd get $75 or not. I'm coming from a Blackberry Tour and Radioshack will only give my around $22 which is worse than Sprints $28.

I'm personally considering checking out T-Mobile's trade in program which will give me $40 for my phone. It sounds like I'd just receive a check with it and don't need to sign up with T-Mobile but I need to investigate it a bit more to be sure. Of course if anyone knows more about that program and would like to share I'd love to hear more.:D

How do the trade-ins work there? I'd get $40-45 for my Hero according to the wizard.

• Do I get to keep the SD Card?
  • Do I have to nuke the phone, hard reset back to zero?
  • Do I have anything at all to worry about as far as privacy goes?

Upvote 0
How do the trade-ins work there? I'd get $40-45 for my Hero according to the wizard.

• Do I get to keep the SD Card?
  • Do I have to nuke the phone, hard reset back to zero?
  • Do I have anything at all to worry about as far as privacy goes?

But according to the radioshack ad, smartphones can be traded in for $75 towards the purchase of an evo 3d, though it does say for "select phones" in the fine print i'm assuming that as long as it fits the description in the fine print they'll take it.....atleast I hope so

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones