• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Well, I have been asked to go to an in-person interview for a new job. Huzzah! I have to make some hard decisions, though-- this new job is located in a hotter desert than the one I currently hate and may involve deploying to other deserts where people won't like me (but the pay is almost doubled).

I will have some tough questions for the interviewers... I need a job with room to grow, and I am thinking if I take the deployments for a couple years to beef up my 401K, and there is a way to move to a more supervisory job stateside from there, it might be a good career move. My time at my current job isn't a total waste of time, but it is a waste of my talents.

Upvote 0
Get your kids to go, then start them on the English Classics

The top kids did go. It was all organised by the school.

Can't get the school to organise and pay for this though....

Jersey Boys in Shanghai...
jersey boys shanghai.jpg

....not coming to Jinan.

Last edited:
Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Nighmares of college entrance exam(Gaokao) texts......weeks and months of teaching students to pronounce "Santana sedans" correctly.

Shanghai:Car rentals(出租)are becoming more and more popular as an inexpensive way of taking to the roads.Business people,foreigners and families alike are making good use of the growing industry.
The first car rental firm opened in Shanghai in 1992 and now 12 car rental players are in the game,with more than 11,500 cars in their books.
The largest player – Shanghai Bashi Tourism Car Rental Center offers a wide variety of choices - deluxe sedans,minivans,station wagons,coaches.Santana sedans are the big favorite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, what a day so far.

My initial flight was to leave at 0545PDT

Which it did, but without me on-board. Because the majors have this rule that says we must fly stand-by, even when flying for work-related purposes, such as going on road-trips to fix broken airplanes.

In my particular airport, all the flights are overbooked, which means getting on standby is pretty much impossible.

So, I try a second flight, leaving at 0830, only overbooked by one. Didn't get on that one either. Next flight was at 1640, which would have gotten me to my destination at 0630 tomorrow. No time to rest before going to do my job.

So my boss rents me a car and I drive 100 miles to the next regional airport, where I get a flight to Denver, where I am right now. Three-and-a-half hour layover, and I will arrive at my destination at 0135EDT, from which point I have a two hour drive to my hotel, let's call it 0400 before I can lay head to pillow.

Then, get up at something like 0700 so I can fix my planes, drive back to the airport to catch a 1630EDT flight back. Airline gods willing.

I have a work laptop and associated hardware and adapters and didn't want to carry two laptops, so I am using my phone and 7" tablet to entertain myself.

...oh, and TSA managed to pilfer one of my charging batteries... That's $40 I'll never get back.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
...oh, and TSA managed to pilfer one of my charging batteries... That's $40 I'll never get back.

Hmmm, batteries. Okay, if they said 'Samsung' on them, I can see where they'd be nervous. ;)

But some of their rules to seem a little arbitrary. I've had a pair of cable crimpers confiscated like I was going to go up to the pilot and say 'give me control of this plane or I'll attach an RJ-45 jack to your finger.' ??? :thinking::goofydroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones