• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I was going out with a big boned Mongolian lady last year, by the name of Gaowa. I've quite enjoyed Italian Comic Opera, and I've seen Don Giovanni, Marriage of Figaro and Barber of Seville performed live.

Anyone like Peking Opera?

Actually, yes.

Also enjoy Kabuki theater quite a bit.

I like Poul Anderson's Opera Star - He's a dragon from another world named Adzil and he sings Fafnir.

I don't care for Opera or Musicals - the music is OK, but who stops and sings about what they are going to do in real life?

I like Poul Anderson's Opera Star - He's a dragon from another world named Adzil and he sings Fafnir.

I don't care for Opera or Musicals - the music is OK, but who stops and sings about what they are going to do in real life?

Julie Andrews. :thumbup: She probably doesn't really, but I've got it in my mind that she would stop and start singing about things.

I do all the time!!!:)

I also mumble grumpy things under my breath loud enough for people to hear that I'm grumbling....just not clear enough to make out what I'm actually saying!!!

:rolleyes:

I also mumble grumpy things under my breath loud enough for people to hear that I'm grumbling....just not clear enough to make out what I'm actually saying!!!

hmmmm.....that was weird...

hmmmm.....that was weird...

Huh, say what you mean; and, mean what you say - twice. Grumbling is okay - it keeps the cretins at bay.

Huh, say what you mean; and, mean what you say - twice. Grumbling is okay - it keeps the cretins at bay.

My wife-to-be has no problem in saying what she means... she's from Colorado, and when I visited Boulder, the people were laid back. I grew up right outside of Boston, MA, so she's easy for me to love.

My wife-to-be has no problem in saying what she means... she's from Colorado, and when I visited Boulder, the people were laid back. I grew up right outside of Boston, MA, so she's easy for me to love.

We both live in the willywags of North Carolina... she's been here 14 years; I've lived in the South between Virginia and South Carolina for over twenty... we both still have instances of culture shock. Sometimes, it's a version of the film "Ground Hog Day" with a "Duck Dynasty" twist... and the house is up for sale. Colorado, or BUST!

What the hell is with Linux development that they have to keep breaking the Realtek drivers in the kernel?

Every time I upgrade my OS, I have to shop around for a kernel that actually works with my wifi module.

Last time on "As the Bus Turns": Revenant Ghost was just involved in a wreck. And what's the cause, you asked? A careless driver jumped in front of the bus, cutting it off, resulting in the fender-bender. Now he has to wait for the next bus to arrive. Will he make it to work on time and in one piece? Stay tuned, "As the Bus Turns".

Not being able to read Russian. :/
524edff0932d92dfa466a325475a0fed.jpg
8d6a57cb9836366c64eff12b2bc68ea2.jpg

Not being able to read Russian. :/

mikedt, like you - I cannot read Russian. However, what's your take on what's going on over there with Russia and the Ukraine? Since I'm in the USA, and you're in Xilinhot (I hope I spelled that correctly) - our gathering of news information differs, to be sure; but, as the peacenik that I am, I'm so sick of the propensity of humankind to be warlike... it seems that greed and envy play a part in all of it, but you'd think that everyone around the world should've gleaned something from Planet Earth's history when it come to the behavior of the genus Homo Sapiens. What do you get for news where you are? I'm just curious. May your weekend be restful, friend - LW

Sent from a Boost Mobile LG-LS720 using Forum Runner

I appreciate the attempt at gathering information from different perspectives and even different cultures, but let's remember we have an area for discussing politics and current affairs. Some folks feel strongly about these issues and there strong feelings may not align with your own. We like to keep those less than light-hearted discussions that aren't Android related in their own section of AF.

I'm passing through Moscow in two weeks time, courtesy of Aeroflot. Only because it's the cheapest way to get from Beijing to London and back again. Maybe I can spend a few hours brushing up my non-existent Russian then.

Back
Top Bottom