• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

It kinda grinds my gears that the guy who lives in the apartment below me smokes or burns some kind of stinky stuff, so I have to keep my windows closed to keep out the stank. Dangit.

It kinda grinds my gears that the guy who lives in the apartment below me smokes or burns some kind of stinky stuff, so I have to keep my windows closed to keep out the stank. Dangit.

He may be burning incense; or, maybe he's a medical marijuana patient... get some wall-outlet type Febreze... possibly, problem solved. Best of luck dealing with the 'effluvia' of your neighbor. Be well. LW

Sent from a Boost Mobile LG-LS720 using Forum Runner

Not being able to watch the X Factor. :/
3ee9657d3df859cf1e360741a1ddcd66.jpg

I have doing this same installation in Ubuntu for literally years. Why, all of a sudden is it not working?

... oh, because Canonical, in their infinite wisdom decided to add another layer into the path.

Seriously, why when for the past five years /var/www worked perfectly fine, do we need to go to /var/www/html to find the localhost? You think the hackers aren't going to figure it out any faster than I did? :banghead:

Better than finding long black hairs (or short black hairs, for that matter) all over your beautiful white rice.

That's where you can find the cigarette ash and the odd butt sometimes. Usually when the person sat next to you has had too much Er guo tou*, and has mistaken your rice bowl for the ashtray or the floor.

http://www.lostlaowai.com/guides/basics/guide-chinese-alcohol/

"Although over 60% alcohol it is also often blended with other spirits to produce a milder drink."
...they don't blend it here.
erguotou.jpg

It's great for cleaning windows though. :D

Tried a new pizza place today. Though it wasn't as great as the regular place I go to, the ingredient they used were top quality. Best sausage, and pepperoni I ever had on a pizza. I give them a 7.0, and the regular place a 7.5.

And the old place way far away that I used to have all the time, a place called White Cottege, (Like 30 miles away from the city) That's a solid 8.0 +

I will go there again... One day.

EDIT:
OH LOLOLOL

I posted in the wrong thread, thought this was the Random Thought Thread for a minute. My mistake.

Broke my laptop again... It's too late and I'm not thinking straight; maybe I will be able to fix it in the morning.

That's where you can find the cigarette ash and the odd butt sometimes. Usually when the person sat next to you has had too much Er guo tou*, and has mistaken your rice bowl for the ashtray or the floor.

A Guide to Chinese Alcohol - Lost Laowai

"Although over 60% alcohol it is also often blended with other spirits to produce a milder drink."
...they don't blend it here.
erguotou.jpg

It's great for cleaning windows though. :D

I could have used me some of that yesterday, Mike. :(

In the middle of a big online project, my router decided to go into a diagnostic bootloop and fried itself. At least this was my home office and not the data center. The only people standing over my should screaming that the internet was broken was me.

You're getting pretty good recording quality considering you are recording with an Android phone, especially the audio.

Just an LG LS720 (F3 - Boost[!]) doing the video and audio; but, the secret ingredient is an AC or battery-powered street PA/Amp made by Roland (the Cube Street's Class D amp can CRANK over traffic noise, yet run for up to six hours on SIX AA batteries). The music I create in the home studio is in stereo, using a keyboard-based digital audio workstation; it gets bussed in from a Zoom 2-track field recorder, and gets mixed with the guitar & vocal channels live, in real-time. Simple, but effective. Here's some trivia for you: my field recorder is the same one Zak and the boys use on the TV show "Ghost Whisperer", to pick up any audio from spirits, etc. However, I record my backing audio line-level (1/4" stereo to stereo mini-plug) for the field recorder, and use the mini-plug input on the Roland for the field recorder's playback (320 kbps mp3) when I'm playing. It's all me - recorded, and live. Yet, the Android DOES a good job. Thanks for noticing. I'm playing Saturday at the Apex, NC Jazz Festival 4-6, and 7-9 pm. Using the same rig. Wish me luck, and thanks for your support - LW

*sigh* Had a crap day at the job. One guy who mistakenly made a double payment on his mortgage asked for a refund to be sent. Okay, that's fine. Then he asked to place a rush order for the refund. So I called a supervisor to okay the request.

But the problem started when he wanted us to deposit the refund back into his banking account. So I had to call a supervisor again to see if it was possible. Come to find out, we could only mail the refund since he didn't have a banking account with us. And I politely explained to him that we could only mail the refund after it processes in 1 to 2 days as a rush order.

That still wasn't good enough for him, claiming that he'll be leaving the country before his refund check arrives in the mail. Then he asked me to contact a supervisor again to weigh other options. There weren't any as I once again politely explained to him God knows how many times and apologizing afterwards.

In the end, he said that he'll go to one of our bank branches and try to get immediate compensation there instead. A few minutes later, he called customer service again to try to get the refund check overnighted via FedEx. But that wasn't an option either.

At least he didn't reach me again. That call gave me a throbbing headache. I was on that call for at least 20 minutes total. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

*sigh* Had a crap day at the job. One guy who mistakenly made a double payment on his mortgage asked for a refund to be sent. Okay, that's fine. Then he asked to place a rush order for the refund. So I called a supervisor to okay the request.

But the problem started when he wanted us to deposit the refund back into his banking account. So I had to call a supervisor again to see if it was possible. Come to find out, we could only mail the refund since he didn't have a banking account with us. And I politely explained to him that we could only mail the refund after it processes in 1 to 2 days as a rush order.

That still wasn't good enough for him, claiming that he'll be leaving the country before his refund check arrives in the mail. Then he asked me to contact a supervisor again to weigh other options. There weren't any as I once again politely explained to him God knows how many times and apologizing afterwards.

In the end, he said that he'll go to one of our bank branches and try to get immediate compensation there instead. A few minutes later, he called customer service again to try to get the refund check overnighted via FedEx. But that wasn't an option either.

At least he didn't reach me again. That call gave me a throbbing headache. I was on that call for at least 20 minutes total. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Revenant Ghost, I read you loud and clear. People can be so demanding that the rights of others become trampled, mutilated remnants of correctness re-corrected; even people in a mid-level corporate position like yours can be made to feel like a servile no-account, with no allowance of having any feelings. Here's a cool scenario for you: let him be the one to take your daily punishment by taking a ride, compliments of public transportation. Maybe his attitude, along with others like him, will undergo a subtle change. May the Ghostly One shrug this off like water off of a duck's back, and find some peace from within. Give him a bus ride! Have a good night's rest, and get ready for Friday! LW

Today, I may do another video... but after busking (doing street music) in Raleigh, NC yesterday, I'm letting my voice rest for most of the day (2.6 hours; made $33 in tips... not great, but not bad). Tomorrow, I perform two 2-hour sets at the Apex Jazz Festival in Apex, NC; I'm a little nervous, but I always get that way before any gig with a contract... if everything goes like last year, I'll make twice what I made from Apex, plus tips. So... wish me luck, everyone. LW

Back to the phone... figured out why I couldn't duplicate what Unforgiven had done. It's called reading and comprehension, with a good dose of retention - and I missed on all three... but the thrasher should be showing, now... at least on a PC or Mac...

Here's one of my favorite cover tunes from one of my favorite artists that I grew up listening to; I hope that it takes the RANT out of everyone that listens to it and sees it, and makes everyone's upcoming weekend become full of love... LW

So, over time, Windows has been storing data on my C drive without my permission. And recently, some apps haven't been working on my computer because of low disk space. Now I have never installed an app, or even a file to my C drive. So, that 40 GB of my 64 GB SSD, is just eaten up by Windows files I don't even know of.

And there's nothing I can do about it because all the data is in appdata folder, and I don't want to break anything.

I think it's about time to get a Mac.

Back
Top Bottom