• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Well, if you don't hear from me for awhile it's because they've either shut off my Internet or my power. Not sure which will be first. Came up a little short last month. :( I'll survive. Come to find out when you first start selling on Ebay it can sometimes be 21 days after sale until they release the funds. Whoops, should have read the fine print.

Well, if you don't hear from me for awhile it's because they've either shut off my Internet or my power. Not sure which will be first. Came up a little short last month. :( I'll survive. Come to find out when you first start selling on Ebay it can sometimes be 21 days after sale until they release the funds. Whoops, should have read the fine print.

This where we need a button that is not the "Like" button.
I feel for you, been there, and wondering how in the hell I am going to make it to next month's paycheck.

Dammit. I just had to turn down a really nice job... they couldn't match my current pay.

Being happy in your job is worth a lot. But I admit that bills have to be paid, and if we can, put aside something for a meagre existence in our old age.

Man, I'm going to pissed off about this for a while, too.

I could have made it work... but it would require the cooperation of other people upon whom I don't feel I could count on.

I am going to make sure they know this, though...

Keep positive about survive. You can do it. Best of luck.

I work in an office environment, in a room with 4 other people (5 if they repace the person they just fired last week). One of my coworkers seems determined to turn our work area into another break room & management is apparently letting him. We have an actual break room directly under us, it's down about 10 stairs, & nobody in our area has any physical issues that makes it difficult for them to go down there.

Months ago he brought a tiny refrigerator in & put it in his cubicle, he's made it available to 2 of the people in our area. Now he's also brought in a small microwave & it's out in the main part of the room.

I really don't get it. We've already had electrical issues since moving to this part of the building, because it's cold & a few of us use space heaters, but he just keeps bringing in more appliances. [emoji57]

I work in an office environment, in a room with 4 other people (5 if they repace the person they just fired last week). One of my coworkers seems determined to turn our work area into another break room & management is apparently letting him. We have an actual break room directly under us, it's down about 10 stairs, & nobody in our area has any physical issues that makes it difficult for them to go down there.

Months ago he brought a tiny refrigerator in & put it in his cubicle, he's made it available to 2 of the people in our area. Now he's also brought in a small microwave & it's out in the main part of the room.

I really don't get it. We've already had electrical issues since moving to this part of the building, because it's cold & a few of us use space heaters, but he just keeps bringing in more appliances. [emoji57]

I have some new coworkers of late as well. We also have a break room. We all have set lunches (an hour) between 11:30am and 1:30pm meaning some go 11:30-12:30, other's 12-1, I go 12:30-1:30. Well He's an 11:30 and INSISTS on eating at his desk a short 24 inches away from me. I have dropped some passive aggressive hints, and still I have to smell his food daily. Is it so inconvenient to eat in a place made for eating?
:mad:

CDs and balls of aluminum foil are entertaining.
Yes...Yes they are!

I few years ago, the Facilities/Operations Department that I work with inherited a really old microwave from the late '70's that all of us wanted to get rid of, but management wouldn't let us disposed of, so we had a little bit of fun with it. There were several old CDs that got cooked Let's just say that the old microwave didn't last too long.

Back
Top Bottom