• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][8/19/2010] xtrROM4.0.6.1 [apps2sd,jit,lwp,oc,flash10]-Vanilla that embraces HTC

during the time i use gscript?

Right. The original post lays it out pretty well, I think.

First, you need to backup your SD card, because you will lose all of the files.

Then, you follow the instructions to partition the card using Amon's Recovery. There are two steps - the first to create the partition, the second to convert the ext2 partition to ext3 format.

Next, you either have to restart the phone and connect it to your computer to copy your SD card files back. After you do that, you can then run the gscript to turn on apps2sd (and cache2sd, if you wish), and then, after restarting the phone, as part of the boot process it will move your apps to the SD card as it boots.

Upvote 0
No, you only need to partition if you want to use apps2sd (or cache2sd). You can choose to do that later, if you wish.

Right. The original post lays it out pretty well, I think.

First, you need to backup your SD card, because you will lose all of the files.

Then, you follow the instructions to partition the card using Amon's Recovery. There are two steps - the first to create the partition, the second to convert the ext2 partition to ext3 format.

Next, you either have to restart the phone and connect it to your computer to copy your SD card files back. After you do that, you can then run the gscript to turn on apps2sd (and cache2sd, if you wish), and then, after restarting the phone, as part of the boot process it will move your apps to the SD card as it boots.

well i dont think ill use apps2sd so i just leave it alone? sorry 4 being a noob xP

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones