• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

I'm on 1.0.2.2, and I tried what you suggested, however, it doesn't work either.

Ok, I have more ideas here. Please try installing these .apks one by one. That way, we can hopefully single out which one is causing the issues. Thanks :)

My guess is either the GoogleContactsSyncAdapter or BlurContactsSync

Same deal as always to install, put on sdcard, in terminal:

su
install appname.apk

Attachments

• BlurContactsSync.apk
    81.7 KB · Views: 70
  • ContactsData.apk
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
  • ContactsProvider2_0.apk
    181 KB · Views: 47
  • ContactsUnconnected.apk
    16.5 KB · Views: 54
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
    119.4 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Ok, so people with this problem, are you on 1.0.2.2? It might be looking for the 2.2.1 contacts app, which is why it isn't seeing your actual contacts?

Please try uninstalling the google search I included and downloading straight from the market. In terminal emulator:

su
uninstall GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

Then install from market. Does that fix it?

ApeX 1.0 here.

Does not work.

EDIT: Just saw your post Fab. Will try later today.

Upvote 0
Back to the question about the camera, I have had no problems.

I never use the voice command but wanted to try it and see. If I say send text to John Doe then like others John Doe shows in the text. However if I do send text and then click on the To area and say John Doe it finds John Doe in my contacts with no problem. Not sure how this is suppose to work, but thought I would point that out to see if that helps.

Upvote 0
ApeX 1.0 here.

Does not work.

EDIT: Just saw your post Fab. Will try later today.

Wait, you're telling me it doesn't work in 1.0 at all either?

Because those files are pulled from 1.0. They are the 2.3.15 versions, where 1.0.2.2 has the 2.3.320 version, which I thought could be causing the error...

If you were to use those files above, it wouldn't make any difference (that is, unless you installed a theme that changed one of those files?)

Upvote 0
Ok, I have more ideas here. Please try installing these .apks one by one. That way, we can hopefully single out which one is causing the issues. Thanks :)

su
install appname.apk

I don't have time at the moment to do this, but when you told me to uninstall the QuickSearch, I did so and then installed the version from the market.

But.... I no longer have access to search from my Search button. It does absolutely nothing, but if you hold it in, it brings up the Voice search. >_<

Upvote 0
Ok, so people with this problem, are you on 1.0.2.2? It might be looking for the 2.2.1 contacts app, which is why it isn't seeing your actual contacts?

Please try uninstalling the google search I included and downloading straight from the market. In terminal emulator:

su
uninstall GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

Then install from market. Does that fix it?

I tried that and it did not fix the issue. Pressing the search button now does nothing, holding it down still works though.

Upvote 0
Wait, you're telling me it doesn't work in 1.0 at all either?

Because those files are pulled from 1.0. They are the 2.3.15 versions, where 1.0.2.2 has the 2.3.320 version, which I thought could be causing the error...

If you were to use those files above, it wouldn't make any difference (that is, unless you installed a theme that changed one of those files?)

Yes sir. It never worked for me to be honest. I never posted about it mainly because I got used to it not working, so did not bother. Seeing Shamrock's post reminded me to try it and it still does not work.

Alright so these files are more for Shamrock to test then, roger that. I have not installed any themes I'm on a stock install of ApeX 1.0.

Upvote 0

su
install appname.apk

I installed these one at a time and checked to see if it was working properly between installs and it still does not work after trying them all.

Upvote 0
And just to be absolutely certain, you guys are saying the command like this, right?

"Send text to Mom, message This is how it should work"

snap20101201_140656.png

Upvote 0
Is there a good post to read about how to install this? Im thinking about trying this, but as its my first rom, I need to read more about what I need to do before deciding if this is within my realm of comfort. Cant really screw anything up with rooting, but this sounds a little more encompassing, and although there is a SBF i dont feel like trying and having to rebuild my whole phone cause i mess it up. lol

Upvote 0
And just to be absolutely certain, you guys are saying the command like this, right?

"Send text to Mom, message This is how it should work"

snap20101201_140656.png

I'm not saying "message", I never had to in the past and it has always worked. Even "Call Jamie Home" does not work.

Edit: I tried saying it exactly as you did and this is what comes up. When I say "call mom home" I get what comes up in the second pic. Hopefully we can get this figured out, I use it a lot while driving.

snap20101201_152421.png
snap20101201_152743.png

Upvote 0
Anyone having camera issues? When I take a pic the pic will be blank in the gallery. Other then that great rom so far

Did you install 1.2.1 or 1.0.2.2? If you're not on the leak, and install 1.2.1, your media will not work :p

---------

As for the Google voice commands, I'm out of ideas at the moment, but I'll keep thinking :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im on 1.0.2.2 with Apex Nextheme over the top. My voice commands are working fine with text messaging as stated above. Im using the AOSP Messaging not the Blur. I just tried 5 different contacts and it got them all correct. Just my 2 cents. (I always wipe everything before installing a new rom if that matters I came from Apex 1.0)

Upvote 0
Im on 1.0.2.2 with Apex Nextheme over the top. My voice commands are working fine with text messaging as stated above. Im using the AOSP Messaging not the Blur. I just tried 5 different contacts and it got them all correct. Just my 2 cents. (I always wipe everything before installing a new rom if that matters I came from Apex 1.0)

Hrm, I didn't think about which messaging app...

Are you guys who are having issues using the Blur app perhaps?

Upvote 0
I also am getting the voice search error. I installed 1.0.2.2. I also had 2 other question, I'm new to the DroidX. First, in the dialer app, when I click voicemail, it sends me back home. Is there some app that I may have deleted or wasn't included to cause this? And I also wanted to know about media controls in the dropdown menu and lock page. I don't have the controls in the lock page like shown in the screenshots, and I wanted to know if there's anyway to get them in the dropdown, as I've seen them like that on other Android phones.

Upvote 0
I can no longer hear anything while trying to use the phone(dialer) this happened to me once yesterday but I thought it was a fluke.

That happened to me repeatedly with Tranq 3.5 during the day that I ran it. It's the whole reason that I restored the stock rooted leak. If I rebooted, it would work for a bit sometimes but then the issue would start up again.

Upvote 0
I can no longer hear anything while trying to use the phone(dialer) this happened to me once yesterday but I thought it was a fluke.

Edit: A reboot fixed the problem again. Hopefully this isn't going to be a reoccurring thing.

Just had this happen again, can not hearing anything using the phone. Any suggestions?

Edit: I just restored my backup of the 2.3.320 leak and the voice search does not work properly with that either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones