• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

Google just updated hangouts again. So that whole "Insert SIM to SMS"is back again. How do you go about getting rid off that pop up or do we just live with it?

I have yet to receive an update?? What version rom u on??

I should be on 2.5 Beta (final?) I have attached images of the new google hangouts... or at least new to me. The update was around when I did the post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-17-09-42-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-17-09-42-02.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_2014-09-17-09-45-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-17-09-45-06.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 75
Google just updated hangouts again. So that whole "Insert SIM to SMS"is back again. How do you go about getting rid off that pop up or do we just live with it?
To get rid of the toast u have to edit the hangouts apk its self... Its a smali edit

Can anyone help me with a download please? Media fire doesn't show the captha visible for me on my phone, so I can't authorize the download...

Installed the ROM on two phones. Haven't activated either yet. Both phones give the error: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped". Is this because the phone has not been activated? Rebooting still gives the same error.

What's the best way to activate the phone if I want to keep the $25 grandfathered plan? Do I activate via the App or is there a way to do it online (I seem to recall doing the latter with the Elite)?

Installed the ROM on two phones. Haven't activated either yet. Both phones give the error: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped". Is this because the phone has not been activated? Rebooting still gives the same error.

What's the best way to activate the phone if I want to keep the $25 grandfathered plan? Do I activate via the App or is there a way to do it online (I seem to recall doing the latter with the Elite)?

Do it online through the website

I used the app on the phone worked great and I kept my 25 plan to

I've been using this rom for a few days now. Today, for the first time since installing the rom, I let my phone run down its battery. For some reason it looks as though it ran the battery completely to 0. I've had it on the charger for a few hours now, and I can't get it to take a charge. I didn't replace the kernal or anything. I'm stuck at a red blinking light when I plug it in. If I plug it in while the battery is out, I get the battery is removed indicator to pop up. If I then place the battery in, I get the battery charging animation, but it never moves away from 0 charge. I never had any problems with my battery before this. It usually lasts me a whole day.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Same has happened to me before but not on this rom. After letting it sit for a while on the charger it eventually stopped blinking and took a full charge. Not sure how long it took but it was a long time.

Same has happened to me before but not on this rom. After letting it sit for a while on the charger it eventually stopped blinking and took a full charge. Not sure how long it took but it was a long time.
Damn. It had to be the one day I had to make a call too.

Thanks. At least there's hope that it might kick back on.

Damn. It had to be the one day I had to make a call too.

Thanks. At least there's hope that it might kick back on.

That's one of the reasons I love android and Google voice so much. I can still make and receive calls on my pc with my same contacts that are synced from my phone. I actually only use my awe with a combination of talkatone voice+ and Google voice. No bill. I have to be on wifi but that really doesn't bother me much.

That's one of the reasons I love android and Google voice so much. I can still make and receive calls on my pc with my same contacts that are synced from my phone. I actually only use my awe with a combination of talkatone voice+ and Google voice. No bill. I have to be on wifi but that really doesn't bother me much.
With the new hangouts with dialer add on u can make calls with 3g as well as wifi:) no more need for grooveip

Activated one of the phones online. ROM is quite fast.

Installed Maps but there was no Navigation option within. Turned on various location services and no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled Maps and everything works now.

Minor UI bug: when using Google Play store, status text (clock, batt, etc) is white on light gray gradient. Very hard to read.

Changing font size in settings doesn't change font on icons - not sure if this is a bug.

Hangouts updated. It keeps popping up on power up. Is there away to turn this off and bring it up only when needed?

Activated one of the phones online. ROM is quite fast.

Installed Maps but there was no Navigation option within. Turned on various location services and no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled Maps and everything works now.

Minor UI bug: when using Google Play store, status text (clock, batt, etc) is white on light gray gradient. Very hard to read.

Changing font size in settings doesn't change font on icons - not sure if this is a bug.

Hangouts updated. It keeps popping up on power up. Is there away to turn this off and bring it up only when needed?
If u look hangouts has probably updated every reboot lol... It has updated again since i posted one without sms toast :mad:

Back
Top Bottom