• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BOOST/SPRINT][ZVC]Marky Beats v2 beta[updated 7/30]

I think I've diagnosed my BT problem I think my problem starts and ends with the Music app I hope I'm not becoming an annoyance.
Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
My phone is still acting up when I turn on bt. The phone lags horribly.
Hang tight guys, I am sure |Monster| will fix this issue when he can. It may even be fixed in the next update coming tomorrow.. You never know;)

Upvote 0
Hang tight guys, I am sure |Monster| will fix this issue when he can. It may even be fixed in the next update coming tomorrow.. You never know;)

I'm with you I just wanted to tell him where I think my problem is.

And chronic I wanted to ask if I wanted to use go launcher or ADW could I uninstall the xperia launcher without a problem?

Upvote 0
I'm with you I just wanted to tell him where I think my problem is.

And chronic I wanted to ask if I wanted to use go launcher or ADW could I uninstall the xperia launcher without a problem?

I understand, and yes you can uninstall xperia launcher no problem, make sure you have a launcher other then that first. As for adw or go.. That's personal preference. I like go a lot, but others like adw. They are close and do about the same I assume. I think go is newer but not sure.

Upvote 0
ok guys, i was going to post the new version without CIQ but im having a small issue so i dont want to release it. Its not a huge deal but im picky, everything is working good so far except android system fc's on boot (thats the only time). After that it runs fine.

If anybody is good at deodexing and wants to help with about 4 files that'd be awesome. (mainly the framework).
I already deoxeded it successfully but it wont boot with the new deodex framework, it does however boot with the old one.

edit: looks like it maybe the boot.img, as its doing it to me on the stock odex as well. I may be at a stand-still for a little while. I need a break and sometime to think about $h*t to change, move to a new apartment, and work on my school final. I cannot wait for bloodawn's roms because i'd rather contribute to others then do it by myself.

Upvote 0
What's the difference between ZVC and the non-ZVC rom? My girl's phone has ZV9, I believe, which I'm trying to get updated to the latest and greatest.
I believe MBv1.2zvc was built to handle the update. Though I am awaiting to see if the old MBv1.2(w/o zvc) can be used while maintaining the update. Either way a couple things to do before Installing the ROM, depending on what you have done so far. Must be rooted, should install CWM, Make a backup with CWM after it's been installed (so you can have a stock backup), Install the Update.zip, then you can install the ROM. And since you have zv9, I assume you are with sprint.. so make sure you use the Sprint version of the ROM. Hope this helps..

Reactions: Squirrelnutz
Upvote 0
Well here it is, Boost Mobile LG855ZVC!!

I do notice the baseband is sprint, but so far I guess it isn't an issue. Couple things I'd like to mention:
1)Bluetooth is not working again. (I can pair with my PC to use my PC speakers as speakerphone/music player, just not FTP again.)
2)For some odd reason now I cannot send E-Mails or E-Mail attachments via GMail.apk. However I can receive e-mails and attachments. [Only reason i mention this is because this is how I would transfer files from my phone to my PC w/o using BT.] After I went back into CWM and wiped cache and went into advanced options and fixed permissions, as others have posted on playful's undeniable ROM thread, I was able to get Gmail to work again!
3)I noticed that Carrier IQ Detector still says that Carrier IQ is installed and active.
4)I also cannot use Font Installer app to change my fonts. After I upgraded to SuperUser Elite and installed SuperUser 3.0 Beta, I then tried using Font Installer.apk again, and worked fine.
5)-Which really is a personal preference- Boot.ani has reverted to Blue Beats, instead of Flashing Blue Android.. Had a better Look I feel. After extracting the bootanimatiion.zip from /system/media from MBv1.2BST.zip (before MB v1.2zvc), I used Root Explorer to paste it to my phones /system/media folder and overwrote the existing one. Then changed permissions to rw--r--r, and worked great! Thanks for the help on this one |MONSTER|!!
And a quck question, are we able to use CRT with this or will that still revert the Battery Status Icon?

And have to say I am loving the Swype Theme!!!!!!!! Amazing!(Not sure if this has been implemented earlier or not because I always restore with TiBU, but I am digging it way better!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also wanted to mention I received these errors at the end of the boostupdate.zip install:

E: can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: can't mount /cache/recovery//log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that is all for now.. Thanks Again ALOT! goes to |Monster|!!!

(I know this may not matter with the update from |Monster| comeing soon, just wanted to put this in the right thread.)

Bionic, were you able to get either the update (ZV4_21 update) or the ROM to install? I haven't had any luck with either. I have tried the ZV4 update, the BOOST ZVC ROM zip and the BOOST: v.1.2 and keep getting these same errors:

and the phone boot loops in the start up animation.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thankfully I have CWM with a stock backup... lol
Tx, G8r

Upvote 0
Bionic, were you able to get either the update (ZV4_21 update) or the ROM to install? I haven't had any luck with either. I have tried the ZV4 update, the BOOST ZVC ROM zip and the BOOST: v.1.2 and keep getting these same errors:

and the phone boot loops in the start up animation.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thankfully I have CWM with a stock backup... lol
Tx, G8r
Yes I was. I currently have the ZVC Update (not sure how different from the ZV4 Update though). And Irecieved those errors as well. Try going into CWM and navigate to wipe data/factory reset. That may fix the bootloop.

Reactions: iNsTaGaToR
Upvote 0
Not sure if this helps, but here is my phone info

Model- LG-LG855
Android Version- 2.3.4
Baseband Version- LS855ZVC-M6600A-SCAUTSZ-3.0.40T
Kernel Version- 2.635.7 lge@andoid-build#1
Build Number- GRJ22
SW Version - LG855Z3
HW Version - Rev 1.0
If it boot loops how did you see this info? Unless this is before the update and boot loop? (ZV3 is the old S/W Version)

Upvote 0
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Did you fix boot loop, boot up and saw this? Out is this what was on the phone before you attempted the update?

I didn't fix anything I installed the update got the errors you guys were getting installed the new rom anyway saw it still had the google play music app so I restored the back up I made just before the update.

Upvote 0
Ok. Then that is the stock info then? Did the factory reset fix boot loop?

Haven't tried it yet.. I just down loaded the zip you referred to (ZVC Update) and going to try that instead of the ZV4.

Want to do this right though.. do I do the factory reset in CWM, and do I do it before I install the zip or afterwards .. or both.. lol

Appreciate your help!

Upvote 0
Haven't tried it yet.. I just down loaded the zip you referred to (ZVC Update) and going to try that instead of the ZV4.

Want to do this right though.. do I do the factory reset in CWM, and do I do it before I install the zip or afterwards .. or both.. lol

Appreciate your help!
Ok you are currently in boot loop right? If so Just try booting into CWM (Vol. Down + Power On until it loads, can take 10-30seconds.) Go to wipe data/factory reset and try that then reboot see if boo tloop is still there.. The boot will take a little while between 5-10 minutes, don't mistake it for boot loop. Boot loop will keep playing the boot up sound over and over. If the image just keeps going that is ok.

Upvote 0
I didn't fix anything I installed the update got the errors you guys were getting installed the new rom anyway saw it still had the google play music app so I restored the back up I made just before the update.
Sorry I had you and iNsTaGaToR mixed up for a minute because I was on TapTalk w/ my phone. You restored to stock?

Upvote 0
nope I went from MB 1.2ZVC to regular Marky Beats
I wonder if that is the difference in the ROM's.. Like he changed what the S/W Version says in 'About Phone'. So you may still have the update but it won't say unless you have MBv1.2zvc. And what made you switch back? The Google Play Music app? You could have just uninstalled that.

Upvote 0
Ok you are currently in boo tloop right? If so Just try booting into CWM (Vol. Down + Power On until it loads, can take 10-30seconds.) Go to wipe data/factory reset and try that then reboot see if boo tloop is still there.. The boot will take a little while between 5-10 minutes, don't mistake it for boot loop. Boot loop will keep playing the boot up sound over and over. If the image just keeps going that is ok.

Heres what Ive done.
I restored to stock.. downloaded the ZVC Update (not ZV4) put the zip on my SD card. Went into CWM and installed the ZVC Update.. Re-Booted and It is now on the Boost Mobile image and has been there for about 3 mins.. gonna give it some time.

Upvote 0
Heres what Ive done.
I restored to stock.. downloaded the ZVC Update (not ZV4) put the zip on my SD card. Went into CWM and installed the ZVC Update.. Re-Booted and It is now on the Boost Mobile image and has been there for about 3 mins.. gonna give it some time.
Yeah initial boot takes a while. As long as the Boot Animation doesn't start over or at least the sound doesn't relay over and over, then your not in a boot loop and hang tight. Should be good after a bit. Then you can install MBv1.2zvc if you wanted to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones