• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Motion 4G LGMS770 (l0)

I flashed it can't save video and the old camera and gallery app still their so now I got 2 camera and gallery lol

rm Camera.apk or when you push it do:
Code:
 adb push GoogleCamera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk
;)

The 4.4 Gallery etc might be needed. Dunno tho not tried anything but pushing the camera app. :)

Code:
;)

The 4.4 Gallery etc might be needed. Dunno tho not tried anything but pushing the camera app. :)

I just disabled the old gallery.apk lol.... But is their a fix to save videos??

Code:
;)

I just disabled the old gallery.apk Lol... Is their a fix for saving videos

If you or anyone else figures out a fix for the backlight issue please post up and let me know so I can add it to the build. ;)
I recently installed Greenify and had it hibernate the Google Maps service and it seems to have mostly fixed the backlight staying on issue...don't know if that is just a coincidence, but it could probably be tested by flashing the ROM without Gapps to see if the problem persists.

I recently installed Greenify and had it hibernate the Google Maps service and it seems to have mostly fixed the backlight staying on issue...don't know if that is just a coincidence, but it could probably be tested by flashing the ROM without Gapps to see if the problem persists.

i noticed that before also but the other map apps kinda suck so i ended going back to google maps.

i noticed that before also but the other map apps kinda suck so i ended going back to google maps.
Doesn't Greenify just hibernate the background process until you actually access the app, so you're still able to use Maps when you need it? I just did some testing with the app open and then closing it and letting Greenify kill the process/service and it seems that hitting the power button will successfully kill the backlight with a higher rate of success (although NOT 100%) when the Maps process/service is not running.

I haven't done any 100 trial experiments or anything so maybe this is all just coincidence or my brain is using subconscious confirmation bias or something, lol. In the meantime I'm still just manually checking to make sure the backlight goes out every time and I still think this one con by no means outweighs all the pros of using the ROM.

Is there a way to permanently swap sdcard0 & sdcard1? I have tried searching the forum, XDA, & Google, but have not found a fully working method.

I used a Boot Buddy Script before, but that doesn't work on CM 10. I tried changing the values in vold.fstab, it only works for some apps. I added the line:
persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
to my build.prop and that helped get a few more apps to use my external SD. Chrome is one that still downloads to sdcard0.

Hey, just a quick list of some small bugs and such Ive noticed after loading this ROM.

One is that sometimes the backlight for the screen wont turn off after locking the screen with the power button (IE the screen is black but you can see the backlight is still lit).

Another is that when in a phone call, the screen turns off quite quickly, and its QUITE a hassle to get it to turn back on: the prox sensor doesnt work right, and after it shuts off, you have to hit the power button a couple times to get it to finally turn the screen on, and then the lockscreen is up and you have to unlock it.

Another is when you go into the apps menu in the settings, usually the first time you tap an app (like to uninstall it) it loves to freeze for a good minute or so. So far its always come back (always with the do you want to wait or kill message) and after that it works fine until you exit the settings and come back, and then it does it again.

So far thats everything Ive run across. Great work, love the ROM, hopefully you can work out the small stuff.

Is there a way to permanently swap sdcard0 & sdcard1? I have tried searching the forum, XDA, & Google, but have not found a fully working method.

I used a Boot Buddy Script before, but that doesn't work on CM 10. I tried changing the values in vold.fstab, it only works for some apps. I added the line:
persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
to my build.prop and that helped get a few more apps to use my external SD. Chrome is one that still downloads to sdcard0.
Try Directory Bind. Google it. It should be on xda's site. If you need help using , there's a tutorial on YouTube.

Hey, just a quick list of some small bugs and such Ive noticed after loading this ROM.

One is that sometimes the backlight for the screen wont turn off after locking the screen with the power button (IE the screen is black but you can see the backlight is still lit).

Another is that when in a phone call, the screen turns off quite quickly, and its QUITE a hassle to get it to turn back on: the prox sensor doesnt work right, and after it shuts off, you have to hit the power button a couple times to get it to finally turn the screen on, and then the lockscreen is up and you have to unlock it.

Another is when you go into the apps menu in the settings, usually the first time you tap an app (like to uninstall it) it loves to freeze for a good minute or so. So far its always come back (always with the do you want to wait or kill message) and after that it works fine until you exit the settings and come back, and then it does it again.

So far thats everything Ive run across. Great work, love the ROM, hopefully you can work out the small stuff.

These are widely documented issues and there are work arounds all over this forum.

I am surprised he didn't mention the 1x icon

I am surprised he didn't mention the 1x icon

i guess maybe everyone don't have the 1x icon..my say 3G now
15fnmna.png

If you or anyone else figures out a fix for the backlight issue please post up and let me know so I can add it to the build. ;)
Just a possibility, still new to this so I'm not sure if this could be the issue, this edit was posted for build.prop tweaks stating it fixes a disable backlight issue after a call:
[HIGH]
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
mot.proximity.delay=25
[/HIGH]
I'm still playing around with stock rom atm or I would try it out, my backlight still works fine and that kinda battery killer is a deal breaker to switch roms, so I'll continue to watch from the sidelines for now. Good luck!

And one other item I noticed that might be effecting is something else I saw comparing the build. prop of stock to this rom, but I believe it would need customization because of the UI difference. There is a series of lines using ro.lge.capp_*INSERT ITEM HERE*=true. I know usage of this should enable or disable items in the UI, for example ro.lge.capp_lockscreen=true changed to false, in theory should disable the OptimusUI lockscreen motion uses (provided its not symbiotically attached to the bootloader).
Anyways, reason I'm bringing this up is these lines:
[HIGH]
ro.lge.capp_key_light_off=true
ro.lge.capp_key_exception=true
ro.lge.capp_keyled_timeout=true
[/HIGH]
I believe those three are attached to the backlight, and possibly ro.lge.capp_osp as well. Now obviously they shouldn't be false, but OMITTING them might be an issue. Only problem is that I don't know if those are even available commands for build.prop in CM, but if not maybe the equivalent might be needed?

And one other item I noticed that might be effecting is something else I saw comparing the build. prop of stock to this rom, but I believe it would need customization because of the UI difference. There is a series of lines using ro.lge.capp_*INSERT ITEM HERE*=true. I know usage of this should enable or disable items in the UI, for example ro.lge.capp_lockscreen=true changed to false, in theory should disable the OptimusUI lockscreen motion uses (provided its not symbiotically attached to the bootloader).
Anyways, reason I'm bringing this up is these lines:
[HIGH]
ro.lge.capp_key_light_off=true
ro.lge.capp_key_exception=true
ro.lge.capp_keyled_timeout=true
[/HIGH]
I believe those three are attached to the backlight, and possibly ro.lge.capp_osp as well. Now obviously they shouldn't be false, but OMITTING them might be an issue. Only problem is that I don't know if those are even available commands for build.prop in CM, but if not maybe the equivalent might be needed?

add em to your build.prop and let us know if they work or not. ;)

Back
Top Bottom