• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

I hope LG releases the source code soon so the dev's can get bluetooth working. I REALLY want to try this ROM but I need bluetooth functioning. I've been quietly following the progress and it sounds like a really good ROM.

I flashed this rom last weekend and loved it but I need bluetooth (I know it is not the devs) so had to do a full clean install of the ota ics. LG needs to release the code already.

OK the problem with the v3.0 was the new lightning zap tweak so I'm am now using the old one which is still rock solid and I still have the fixes for the issues you guys were having
Edit: just flashed the v3.0 and it works perfectly!! Exchange works and also Skype! Will upload right away!!

Edit 2: to get supersu to work first install regular superuser then install the binary for supersu then you can uninstall superuser

Azoller1, I installed V3.0 doing a complete wipe. I don't see homescreen launcher anymore. Did you delete it on this version? As far as I know that is the only one with the circles. Also the corporate setup doesn't work for me. It keeps FC when I try to set up my account and the settings are correct.

Azoller1, I installed V3.0 doing a complete wipe. I don't see homescreen launcher anymore. Did you delete it on this version? As far as I know that is the only one with the circles. Also the corporate setup doesn't work for me. It keeps FC when I try to set up my account and the settings are correct.

Yeah, Corporate account is still hosed. Can't connect to server message.

OK the problem with the v3.0 was the new lightning zap tweak so I'm am now using the old one which is still rock solid and I still have the fixes for the issues you guys were having
Edit: just flashed the v3.0 and it works perfectly!! Exchange works and also Skype! Will upload right away!!

Edit 2: to get supersu to work first install regular superuser then install the binary for supersu then you can uninstall superuser

Thanks for reminding me of the need to re-install the binary on supersu. Oddly enough, upon flashing, I lost root. Easily enough to get back, but just not happened before. Perhaps, after continuously flashing your upgrades and new Roms, one aught to do a complete wipe. However, all is working fine, smooth and snappy and have settled on the Sony launcher. Great work.

Thanks for reminding me of the need to re-install the binary on supersu. Oddly enough, upon flashing, I lost root. Easily enough to get back, but just not happened before. Perhaps, after continuously flashing your upgrades and new Roms, one aught to do a complete wipe. However, all is working fine, smooth and snappy and have settled on the Sony launcher. Great work.

So there's a chance I may loose root with 3.0? Also, how does one "re-install the binary" for supersu and is it actually a necessary step? I just don't have easy access to a windows machine to reroot...

Well that was my experience. Have to wait and see if others have that issue (re:loosing root after flashing 3.0). Re. supersu and binary, it loads with 3.0 as an app, and when you click on it to make it operational, you will be told that a new binary is required and it will ask you if want to do that. You then hit yes, and it will load the new binary. No problem.

Well you didn't loose it, all you have to do is download the superuser app from the market to give supersu permissions to install its binary, I no its weird so I will probably just go back to regular superuser

You just need to edit your updater-script a tiny bit for SuperSu to work, need help with that?

Update: Added different exchange app for it to work now and also added back old SU just as good as SuperSU actually, also a few inverted apps, and new bootanimation

Update: Added different exchange app for it to work now and also added back old SU just as good as SuperSU actually, also a few inverted apps, and new bootanimation

You really gotta stop doing that before posting the link. It's gotta darn near qualify as cruel and unusual punishment. :-P

same story as b4 . just wipe cashe an dalvik. so far thats all ive done, no full data wipe, an all has been fine . guess basically dirt flash ?

Back
Top Bottom