• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

how do you unbrick if stuck at boot animation
Go into CWM with the button method.

Pull battery and replace, then hold down power+vol down until the factory reset message appears. Press power twice and it will boot into CWM. If you get a black screen with the back light on, then turn off the phone and let it cool off for a few minutes, then try again.

Oh sorry guys, I'll just remove the boot animation so we don't have any problems

The only problem I've had, was similar to my previous issue with 2.5 and that is with root. In particular with su binary, which in this case, would not update, as it did previously with supersu. I tried simply uninstalling Super Su and reinstalling Super User from the market and that would not work, and File Manager would still not open. So I had to re-root. Again, easy enough. Other than that, the Boot animation works great and now all works well, in fact very smooth and quick.

Wait quick question, in order to flash V3.5 do we have to be on V3.0? Because I flashed from eclipse rom and that might be what is causing issues.
anyways is there an eta XD?

OK I'll upload a ROM that should have root and no boot animation issues and should have CRT off an. And no fc's. And make sure you click 'fix root in system/xbin' after you flash the ROM if you want root

Wow, things are really moving fast with this ROM.

Just to be sure, I'm still on 2.7 and all I need to do is wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and flash the 3.x you're uploading now, correct? No need to wipe Data unless you're coming from stock or another ROM, correct?

yes you are correct wipe cache and dalvik unless from different rom. Will upload v3.9 later tonight which should be fine, dont install v3.5 right now v3.0 is stable for the moment.

Flashing 3.5 took out my root. I can't root using the spectrum pwnage tool because my phone is not being recognized by my computer now.
Any idea to root?
Would I have to flash stock ICS, root, then flash again?

Flashing 3.5 took out my root. I can't root using the spectrum pwnage tool because my phone is not being recognized by my computer now.
Any idea to root?
Would I have to flash stock ICS, root, then flash again?

did you back up before you intalled 3.5? If so, I would just wipe and revert to a back up. I lost root with 3.5 (coming from 3.0) and couldn't reinstall the binary so i just reverted to my 3.0 backup after i used the button combo to get into cwm (couldn't grant quick boot, rom mgr, or rom toolbox to boot into cwm).

did you back up before you intalled 3.5? If so, I would just wipe and revert to a back up. I lost root with 3.5 (coming from 3.0) and couldn't reinstall the binary so i just reverted to my 3.0 backup after i used the button combo to get into cwm (couldn't grant quick boot, rom mgr, or rom toolbox to boot into cwm).

I am an idiot and flashed 3.5 without doing a backup.
Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom