• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

ok and one last question, is there anyway to get into cwm with the hardware buttons? I seem to have lost root when i went back to V3 and i cant seem to find the right cable to connect the spectrum to the computer
EDIT i got it thanks

I'm running eclipse and have almost every tweak in pimp my Rom enabled and I get a GPS lock almost instantly. Max of about 5 seconds

I installed V3.6, but when I connect my laptop, the phone doesn't recognize it and offer to select Mass storage, internet connection, etc . (even though it is selected in the settings). It does recognize a source and charges. The PC doesn't recognize a new device, either.

Thoughts?

I installed V3.6, but when I connect my laptop, the phone doesn't recognize it and offer to select Mass storage, internet connection, etc . (even though it is selected in the settings). It does recognize a source and charges. The PC doesn't recognize a new device, either.

Thoughts?

This has always been a problem since the ICS update and all you have to do is keep your USB plugged in and reboot your phone while its plugged in and then select mass storage and then it should work

Thoughts?

Try rebooting with the cable plugged into your phone.

Edit: azoller, you always beat me to it!

Not to be rude, but RTFM. The first post in this thread outlines the installation process. It was pretty clear to me.

It says:
1.Download ZIP and extras
2.boot to cwm
3.wipe data(if needed)(cache and dalvik is wiped in ROM script)
4.go to where the zip file is
5.install it and wait
5.a after it finishes installing, right after you reboot it will say some about Fixing Root CLICK FIX ROOT IN SYSTEM/XBIN/SU DONT FORGRT THIS IF YOU WANT ROOT!
6.reboot let it load up then reboot back to recovery
7.wipe cache/dalvik
8.flash framework mod
9.wipe cache/dalvik
10.reboot

I get stuck at step 8, I don't know how to do that

Does he have any tweaks in his base eclipse ROM? Does he just have init.d support?

He did some of his own tweaks but I'm not sure what they were. Pimp my Rom works great on it though. I'm not sure what nitro plans on doing for the final build but the one out now is far from finished but it is finished enough to run. I just like having everything black

It says:
1.Download ZIP and extras
2.boot to cwm
3.wipe data(if needed)(cache and dalvik is wiped in ROM script)
4.go to where the zip file is
5.install it and wait
5.a after it finishes installing, right after you reboot it will say some about Fixing Root CLICK FIX ROOT IN SYSTEM/XBIN/SU DONT FORGRT THIS IF YOU WANT ROOT!
6.reboot let it load up then reboot back to recovery
7.wipe cache/dalvik
8.flash framework mod
9.wipe cache/dalvik
10.reboot

I get stuck at step 8, I don't know how to do that

You need to download this file and flash it as per instructions.

CRT off animation- Dev-Host - frameworkmod.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

After you click the link on the second post under MODs, it will appear as framework.zip

You guys are quick! Lol...

How do I download the Rescue Package with PimpMyROM?

The opening page goes to Universal then Network and so forth, it does not show the way it does in the screenies...

Yea I did an uninstall and reinstall from the Market and got 1.7...YAY..

Can anyone confirm if the Corporate (Exchange) E-mail is working yet for this ROM? This was the only thing holding me back in previous versions. I would give it a try myself, but can't afford to be out of touch with the office for that kind of time.

Many thanks!

I wouldn't mind having my Verizon mobile back. It's the only bloat I used. Nice to see data and check out plan usage. Titanium doesn't seem to like restoring factory set apps

Can anyone confirm if the Corporate (Exchange) E-mail is working yet for this ROM? This was the only thing holding me back in previous versions. I would give it a try myself, but can't afford to be out of touch with the office for that kind of time.

Many thanks!

Not sure if this really applies to your situation, but in the past GB roms I was using the Corporate Account option to setup my Hotmail account syncing. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten this to work on this rom at all yet. That being said, I know that there were major changes with how Hotmail syncs to mobile devices over the summer months and many Android users lost connectivity and syncing abilities. I've tried using many different servers in the setup (bay-m.hotmail.com, debug-hotmail.com, m-hotmail.com, m.hotmail.com, etc.) with zero success. I swear I've tried them all. It just keeps saying it can't connect to the server.

Sorry this hasn't totally answered your question as to whether it works with an official corporate account, but that's my two cents on my experience with that particular account type and its setup on this rom so far. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the response. I'll hold off on this update until I can get confirmation that corporate (exchange) email is 100%. Hopefully soon, I would LOVE to get this on my phone!

GPS does not work on v3.6?
Every time I open google maps, it force reboots my phone.
Anybody else having this problem?

GPS gets a lock on my location fine enough but I haven't used it for navigation on 3.6 yet.
Also my little arrow (my locator) keeps spinning around in circles, never noticed that before...

Back
Top Bottom