• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

Added version 5.0 let me know if it works for OTA Update Center and if it gives you an OTA or not and if you wiped data going to v4 then no you don't need to wipe going to v5 but if you didn't wipe data going to v4 I would wipe data and do a fresh install going to v5

just tried to get OTA v5 and it says md5 error -downloaded file invalid...are you still going to post a non torrent file on your site to flash through CWM? Real excited to update to 5!nice work!

stupid ota update center.....ill ditch them again and yes ill post a non torrent file and actually ROM Toolbox is letting devs put their roms on their server and then you guys will be able to download from ROM Toolbox with OTA updates! and it will be much faster than ROM Manager, should be ready to go by 7:30 or so

Darn I knew the torrent file would be screwed up I'm awaiting ROM toolbox people to have my ROM on their app

Downloading now. Bad area phone is in 3g can't wait for better service .flashing ROMs sure kills time when on long car trips lol . What did we all do back in the old days lol

From the screenshots it looks like the annoying GPS lock icon is always up in the status bar, the one that looks like crosshairs. Can that be removed?

This is a semi-decent rom because of the constant updating which I really appreciate. It means alot to see that you care about your rom BUT 4 launchers? a messaging app over the messaging app?

I get what your trying to do but tbh its getting worse and worse with all the crazy shit your throwing in. Thanks for this rom yo but try to remember that sometimes less is more..

Yeah but I want to open up the options to everyone your not the only one running the ROM and version 5 only has one messaging app and I really wish aroma installers worked then you could choose what launchers you want or what messaging app you want but it really does suck that aroma doesn't work

Yeah some how the LG messaging apps have to be installed our you get zero messaging through Verizon, thankfully I have all messaging blocked through Verizon and use Google voice exclusively. Also means I never have to backup my messages when flashing Roms.

just have a question...I installed v5, haven't messed around with it a whole lot...When installing it, it never mentioned anything about fixing the SU issue, i just assumed it was taken care of it. so it asks me for root access, and tells me that it has been granted superuser access - but nothing that requires it loads..seems like it doesn't actually give me the proper access.. just wondering if you knew how to fix that...SuperSU app says "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" So i guess i'm just wondering how to fix that thing in there where u said to "click" to fix the issue...other than that, i'm having fun with it! thanks!

Yeah some how the LG messaging apps have to be installed our you get zero messaging through Verizon, thankfully I have all messaging blocked through Verizon and use Google voice exclusively. Also means I never have to backup my messages when flashing Roms.
That's actually something inherent in all devices. The apps like Handcent are just duplicating messages and allowing an alternate UI. Android is written to have 'messaging.apk' work with the rils to send/receive messages.

When you see Messaging in roms like cyanogenmod, it's just a modified AOSP app of messaging.apk

Listen, I wasn't trynna dis your work or nothin.. I really like how involved you are with pressing releases and addressing issues quick as ****.. I guess what im saying is in order to run this rom people had to of rooted there phone, unlocked the locked bootloader, and so on so they are probably have a favorite launcer they will DL on theyre own (I personally like apex launcher), or will use they're preferred messaging apps and media apps (I like google voice and soundcloud/beats).. Alot of the stuff in the rom is tripping over other things and sometimes feels cluttered..

With that said..

I really like some of the stuff like I never heard of "pimp my rom" and just stumbled on to it with this and am having fun messing around in that.. Im also loving the battery life, not sure what you did but its lasting all day on my spec on 4g which was un heard of before trying this rom..

Keep up the good work, and im here if i can help out at all..

Back
Top Bottom