• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

i might need to change to a different website host because the bandwidth is almost used up to its maximum (23mb out of 100 and its only been a few days and it only resets every month) capacity so i might change over well see what happens, and in this next update im removing a bunch of files (cause i actually think it is kind of cluttered) and the only launchers will be Moto launcher with circles and lg home 3 and maybe touchwiz and then i will make a flash able zip with a bunch of different launchers as an add-on and you can remove the launchers from the zip that you dont want, and i dont know about this but i might make a whole new ROM with everything inverted and keep only gmail and email inverted in the ICY FUSION rom, what do you guys think?

Edit: and i might also add in handcent sms as default becuase its just awesome and way better than lg's messaging app

i might need to change to a different website host because the bandwidth is almost used up to its maximum (23mb out of 100 and its only been a few days and it only resets every month) capacity so i might change over well see what happens, and in this next update im removing a bunch of files (cause i actually think it is kind of cluttered) and the only launchers will be Moto launcher with circles and lg home 3 and maybe touchwiz and then i will make a flash able zip with a bunch of different launchers as an add-on and you can remove the launchers from the zip that you dont want, and i dont know about this but i might make a whole new ROM with everything inverted and keep only gmail and email inverted in the ICY FUSION rom, what do you guys think?

Edit: and i might also add in handcent sms as default becuase its just awesome and way better than lg's messaging app
My launcher of choice is Holo HD. Whenever I do get a chance to install your ROM I'll probably uninstall all the other launchers immediately. Regarding messaging apps, does AOSP messaging work?

Just had another thought -- maybe add a poll to the thread regarding launcher preference and then just include the top 1 or 2 in the ROM. Most people are probably on Apex/Nova anyway. I like Holo HD because it has most of the features of those two but feels lighter and faster to me. After months with Apex, a couple days on Holo HD got me to convert.

Still on 4.2 not having any of these of issues everyone is having, but has anyone seen this before?
ere8evup.jpg

For those not seeing it, look at the posted times

I have gotten that too. Even when I was running stock rom. So it's not this rom specifically.
Edit: it was supposed to quote. This is talking about the dates in Tapatalk.

So far so good, on V5.0. No Issues that I have found. Battery is better than 4.5, but still not what 3.6 was. Noticed a difference when I undid all Pimp My Rom mods. Better than stock ICS, looks like I may get 14-18 hours out of it. Got almost 27 hours out of 3.6.

Handcent is now my only message app. So much better than anything else so far. 4g works with no issues, can't elaborate on Bluetooth, don't use it. But my Credit Card processing app works better, than it ever did before, quite quick.

So far so good, on V5.0. No Issues that I have found. Battery is better than 4.5, but still not what 3.6 was. Noticed a difference when I undid all Pimp My Rom mods. Better than stock ICS, looks like I may get 14-18 hours out of it. Got almost 27 hours out of 3.6.

Handcent is now my only message app. So much better than anything else so far. 4g works with no issues, can't elaborate on Bluetooth, don't use it. But my Credit Card processing app works better, than it ever did before, quite quick.

I'll elaborate on bluetooth for you - it doesn't work lol. Tdm is working on the kernel right now to try to get it working with the unlocked bootloader.

On everything else - good to hear! I am giving in on waiting for a bluetooth fix. Backing up my phone right now for a run at Icy 5.0!

Will release version 5.2 today or tomorrow with Google now working and even more battery tweaks that work amazing probably better than v3.6

if anyone has a backup of 3.6 can you please upload it to dev host or androidfileshost? i need to see what tweaks i had in there, and i removed the download link from dev host..

Your using the emoze app right?

Tried to, won't login. I just restored to stock ics, I'll try setting it up in emoze on stock ics... report back in a few.

Edit: I must be doing something wrong, because its not working in emoze on stock ics either.

i actually dont use an exchange account so i dont use emoze but ill look into it

When I first set it up in Emoze on stock ICS it was failing, then it just started working after a couple minutes. Going back to Icy 5.0 now... I'll let you know what happens.

OK uploaded version 5.2 and added a new website because the other one was going to run out of bandwidth and that would close it down but this new one allows a ton more bandwidth so we should be fine now and I'm sorry but Google now doesn't work:(
I am really not sure why I'll have it fixed by next update I'll find a way

Exchange still didn't work in Emoze on 5.0.
I guess for the sake of details - its godaddy hosted exchange 2010 (I know, I know, they're the devil).

Edit: Everything you have been doing is greatly appreciated, Azoller. Keep up the good work! This exchange issue and google now are just 2 small spots on a huge canvas of great artwork - the rest is beautiful!

... just to keep it in perspective...

Back
Top Bottom