• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM/Kernel] Stock++

I got excited about it and didn't read carefully enough. This is good, I needed a stock rom other than my wifes untouched Admire. Speaking of her phone, could anyone use a stock rom like hers for anything? I haven't even rooted it...yet

Also, what is the best program to use to remove bloatware?

Titanium backup. And with this rom it wont reboot after you uninstall any system app. I deleted all my bloat in about 2 minutes tops. Lol

Upvote 0
Su update fix says every things fine.. Its got nothing to do with superuser, it updated all on its own and works fine with everything else.. Somehow Its something with es file explorer not allowing itself access to root files.. the tibu restore and a new download from estrongs inc. both with the same problem.. I want to abandon this and try something else, but I don't know what else will let me remove system apps..
you try root explorer to see if you get access to root?

Reactions: Dlightinu
Upvote 0
I got excited about it and didn't read carefully enough. This is good, I needed a stock rom other than my wifes untouched Admire. Speaking of her phone, could anyone use a stock rom like hers for anything? I haven't even rooted it...yet

Also, what is the best program to use to remove bloatware?

I'm having the same problem working on fixing it, it's an es problem just download another file explorer use that and then reinstall es everything should be working after that

Upvote 0
Nice, this is just what I needed. & to remove bloatware just install root explorer and go to /system/app and it's pretty easy from there.

I was having crashing issues ( 3 vibrations) and my phone would just freeze, so I had to underclock. now it's running smooth but I'm still having that damn market Error. I tried the original market and it never updated itself so I tried installing play manually and still getting that error when downloading.

Upvote 0
is there a reason you want to score so high? i mean cool some numbers say it runs fast, but is it just bragging rights or what? cause mine runs fine stock, and the only benifit to all this oc and init.d scripts is about 4 seconds. i mean yea i like my phone snappy and quick but if it runs fine i wouldnt mess with it. lol. im scoring 800+ not even overclocked.. and thats fine. if you wanted a really fast phone you 1)shouldnt be on metro and 2)should not have the admire. its low end lol

Reactions: Jdgui
Upvote 0
HOW TO PROPERLY INSTALL THIS ROM(WITH ROOT ACCESS WORKING CORRECTLY AND MARKET TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL)

1. First make sure you do a nandroid backup.
  2. Before Flashing Stock++, Make Sure This and And This are on your SDCard.
  3. Flash Req's CWM Recovery and Kernel package, then go to Advanced->Reboot recovery..
  4. Flash the latest version of Stock++
  5. Mount System, flash the GAPPS Zip.
  6. Reboot
  7. Once booted, go to recovery again.
  8. Mount System, Flash the SuperUser Zip.
  9. Done! Reboot!

And if you want the latest version of Playstore, Click Me

Everything will work fine! I just downloaded terminal emulator off market. No errors!

Reactions: irishluck1973
Upvote 0
I kinda fall into the themer category....ssoooo this is me hitting you up....want me to theme the crap outta this or what? :)

What I meant was you guys can base your ROMs off of this, rather than stock, for the extra performance. This is going to stay as is, i.e: stock.

I was able to flash back to the stock rom and kernel, and then reload cwm and restore my backup, Im not going to risk this again until every is 100% successful at flashing all of this.

However I still thank you for the work you put into it.

Sounds like 900Mhz is too much for your phone. I guess I'll create a non-OC'd version of this as well.

Upvote 0
What the hell is this?
This here is an improved MetroPCS stock ROM.

How do I use it?

2. Flash my CWM Recovery and Kernel package, then go to Advanced->Reboot recovery..
  3. Install the latest version of Stock++.
  4. Select Reboot system now and wait at least 5 minutes for the dalvik cache to get rebuilt.

List of improvements over stock:

Rooted
Deodexed (holler at me, themers :p)
ext4 filesystem (fassssst)
Kernel overclocked to 900Mhz (download setcpu to underclock)
init.d support (for those kernel tweak scripts you guys like)

Why should I use this over stock or your CM7 beta(s)?

It's faster and everything works.

Can I use this in my theme/rom/throm?
Go for it, but give credit where it is due. Alot of you guys think I'm a hardass who doesn't like you, I just don't like misinformation.

Great job, can I buy you a beer?

Can I PM you?
You can, but you'll get a faster response if you join us on IRC. (irc.irondust.net/#admire)

Wait, I want to go back to stock, but your recovery won't let me!?
Don't panic, just install SuigintouLain's original CWM and restore from your nandroid backup you made earlier. (You DID make one, didn't you?)​

Can we flash an ics theme on thus?

Upvote 0
What the hell is this?
This here is an improved MetroPCS stock ROM.

How do I use it?

2. Flash my CWM Recovery and Kernel package, then go to Advanced->Reboot recovery..
  3. Install the latest version of Stock++.
  4. Select Reboot system now and wait at least 5 minutes for the dalvik cache to get rebuilt.

List of improvements over stock:

Rooted
Deodexed (holler at me, themers :p)
ext4 filesystem (fassssst)
Kernel overclocked to 900Mhz (download setcpu to underclock)
init.d support (for those kernel tweak scripts you guys like)

Why should I use this over stock or your CM7 beta(s)?

It's faster and everything works.

Can I use this in my theme/rom/throm?
Go for it, but give credit where it is due. Alot of you guys think I'm a hardass who doesn't like you, I just don't like misinformation.

Great job, can I buy you a beer?

Can I PM you?
You can, but you'll get a faster response if you join us on IRC. (irc.irondust.net/#admire)

Wait, I want to go back to stock, but your recovery won't let me!?
Don't panic, just install SuigintouLain's original CWM and restore from your nandroid backup you made earlier. (You DID make one, didn't you?)​

OMG great work!!!!:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones