• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][LOTK][4.2.2]Unofficial Carbon Rom [4-10-13]

I'm holding off on Komodo for a minute. I have everything set as it was before, and am considering running on the default kernel for at least a week. I ran into some heavy performance issues over the weekend [constant freezes, FCs, screen tears, wild slow downs - things I'd never experienced], so I want to run the ROM "as is" to isolate any outside factors.

I'm already missing my slide to wake/sleep.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yeah and come to find out, my radios were bad too. i need to try something new. meanbean is nice but i want something like decks. i miss decks on my OG. maybe ill flash this. does wifi/hotspot work?

i have not had a reason to use it yet, but yes i can connect my pc up to it with no issues.

Reactions: -Mike-
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, guys. So stock kernel is preferred for now?

And did someone say "slide2wake?"

Stock kernel was a pretty heavy battery drain for me. I'm happy I got Komodo working last night. Only one day on it so far. First impression is that battery life is better. Too early to tell by how much though.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Didn't see this before my last reply...

Wiped everything (Factory). Then I flashed ROM and then kernel.

i always wipe, flash rom, reboot, sign in, boot into recovery(if the roms seems to be working in after signing in), wipe dalvik cache and cache, and flash the kernel.

this way i can be sure that my rom flashed perfectly and the same goes for the kernel. that way you can pin point if it was a bad flash for either the rom or kernel. it makes for easier troubleshooting.

Reactions: Tre Lawrence
Upvote 0
So, to get GPS working I did a nand back to Badseed used GPS Status to get a lock, and then restored back to this (Carbon). Boom!

Was getting 9016 texts, so I blocked those. I was getting some flicker/tearing earlier, but that seems to have subsided.

Everything is going smooth. Is there an ad hoc task manager app like the one in Viper or Badseed that can be installed? Anything that prevents me from having to go into Manage Apps to force stop a bothersome app?

So far, LOVE this. Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So, to get GPS working I did a nand back to Badseed used GPS Status to get a lock, and then restored back to this (Carbon). Boom!

Was getting 9016 texts, so I blocked those. I was getting some flicker/tearing earlier, but that seems to have subsided.

Everything is going smooth. Is there an ad hoc task manager app like the one in Viper or Badseed that can be installed? Anything that prevents me from having to go into Manage Apps to force stop a bothersome app?

So far, LOVE this. Thanks for all the help!

not that i'm aware of as far as a task manager. i never have seen the use for one for me.

i never had to force stop any apps as of yet.....works great so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones